The digital marketing world has been continuously changing with the introduction of new trends and technologies. This brings about new opportunities and challenges that need to be addressed by marketers, especially in India, the most populous democracy in the world and one of the largest contributors to global digital media. Digital marketers have to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills to stay on top of their game. So what’s in store for digital marketers in India in 2022? Let’s find out! In India, the BFSI sector still holds a lion’s share in the digital marketing space, while startups are making gains in other areas of digital marketing such as social media and search engine optimization (SEO). The demand for digital marketing professionals continues to grow in India, and this trend shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. This article will explore some salary trends in digital marketing, as well as give some tips on how digital marketers can increase their salaries in the coming years.
1) Digital Marketing Manager
Out of all digital marketing managers in other industries, those working for IT companies, internet companies, and digital marketing agencies are paid the most. To effectively coach, manage, and lead individuals in this role, you need to have a greater degree of expertise and solid knowledge of digital marketing. Several degrees of experience, including Digital Marketing Lead and Assistant Manager DM, are required for this position. A specialist in handling many aspects of online marketing, including SEM, PPC, SEO, content marketing, and email promotions, should be the DM Manager. These are some of the essential abilities needed to be a professional in digital marketing and are crucial to the position. The list of regular/daily actions performed by the management is mentioned below.
• Managing Paid Marketing Campaigns, monthly/quarterly planning, and expenditures, organizing, planning, and carrying out digital marketing strategies.
• A solid grasp of SEO, focusing on regions with a lot of search activity, and a high conversion rate.
• An effective organic and paid social media campaign.
• Performance Marketing should be a specialty of the DM Manager.
• Track success across all digital marketing channels and compare results to objectives (ROI and KPIs).
• Research market trends and insights, and adjust spending and output in light of the findings.
• The DM Manager should be well-groomed, articulate, knowledgeable about marketing, and up to date on the most recent developments in the industry. He should have strong commercial acumen and be an expert in statistics.
In India, a digital marketing manager makes an average income of 8,09,777 rupees. This position calls for a candidate with four to eight years of experience. The income is significantly influenced by a number of additional elements, including industry, education, certification in digital marketing, and city of residency. A DM Manager may expect to make between 4,00,000 to 18,00,000. As was previously noted, a number of things affect a person’s wage. For instance, a person in a Tier 1 city like Mumbai will make more money than a person with the same talents living in a Tier 2 city.
2) Pay Per Click Analyst
One of the sought-after positions in internet marketing is PPC analyst, often known as search engine marketing analyst. The corporation will swiftly recruit someone who can show they have the capacity to generate returns that are at least as significant as the investment. This is due to the fact that businesses desire to test their limitations and try paid advertising after achieving achievements naturally. A person who is well-versed in ad design and the psychology of consumer clicks may easily land the job they want with the pay they want.
PPC Analyst Job Role & Skills
• A PPC executive has to be highly technical and analytical.
• He or she is in charge of overseeing Paid Ad Campaigns on Bing, Google Ads, and other Ad Networks.
PPC experts must also oversee advertising campaigns on social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Quora, and others.
• The primary duties include maintaining keyword bids, keeping an eye on the daily and monthly budgets, and raising the quality score.
• In addition to the aforementioned abilities, it is preferable for the candidate to have experience with reporting tools or analytics software like Google Analytics.
In India, a PPC Analyst or PPC Executive may expect to make around 2,50,000 rupees annually. This job is for someone with around a year’s worth of experience. A few months of internship experience or a strong grasp of PPC among new hires might also qualify them for a comparable compensation plan. The salary of digital marketing in india may increase to Rs. 6,00,000 as they gain expertise and experience. A Team Leader or Assistant Manager is the following rank. Due to the fact that SEM and PPC need effective budget management, there is a high demand for these individuals. If you are savvy enough to manage Pay Per Click effectively on one of the many digital platforms that are going toward monetization, the sky is the limit.
3) SEO Specialist
SEO will always be the most effective digital marketing strategy, regardless of new strategies that emerge. The ideal approach to draw in sustainable, long-term, and high-converting visitors is through search engine optimization, which combines customer-driven SEO with subtle but deliberate marketing. You must have prior knowledge of SEO tools, including SEMrush, Google Analytics, and Search Console. One of the better positions to specialize in is this one. Individual earnings are mostly influenced by experience and education. For the beginning, the pay scale could be on the ordinary side, but as one gains more knowledge of the field, the pay scale only continues going up. You will be skilled in a variety of areas as a digital marketer, and you will be compensated accordingly.
SEO Analyst / Executive Job Role & Skills
• A thorough knowledge of ranking algorithms is required of search engine analysts.
• He or she ought to be an expert in technical SEO.
• Ensuring compliance with search engine guidelines and enhancing user experience.
• Part of the work involves choosing the keywords that are the fittest for the company’s needs and developing informative content around those keywords.
• It’s crucial to understand different optimization tools like Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Similarweb. An extra benefit is the use of performance measurement analytics tools like Google Analytics, Omniture, or Comscore.
The wage of an SEO fresher is less than that of a PPC analyst. However, this is only applicable at the beginning of the career. In India, a search engine optimization executive makes an average pay of about Rupees 2,20,000. Someone with between one and two years of experience should apply. In locations like Mumbai, Bangalore, or Pune, SEO interns receive a salary of digital marketing in India about Rs.15,000 per month. Similar to a PPC Analyst, salary can go to Rupees 8,00,000 with the development of expertise. This job is for a manager-level individual with solid organic growth knowledge. A professional SEO who has demonstrated outstanding business development earns more than Rs.15,000 per year. Compared to PPC, SEO specialists are less in demand. This is due to the fact that most SEOs seek to improve Google ranks, whilst PPC specialists operate on a variety of other platforms like Linkedin, Facebook, or Instagram.
4) Social Media Marketing
Nowadays, social media is the main way that individuals communicate with one another. Therefore, companies begin developing a strong social media presence even before developing a website or an app. In reality, a website is frequently used to establish an online presence after social media has driven the business in many cases. Organizations employ social media marketers that are knowledgeable about the whole spectrum of social media to increase traffic to their sites and maintain engagement. You may also take use of your experience on a certain platform if you have it. Knowledge of numerous SMM Tools, such as Hootsuite, Buffer, and Buzzsumo to mention a few, is also necessary for social media marketing. The type of output you can provide determines your salary. Social media professionals must be passionate, and upbeat, and in certain circumstances, having a strong sense of humor may work wonders when interacting with their users or consumers. Beginners with these qualities can fit in with social media marketing very fast. While experience is important, your passion will have a greater impact on your professional development.
Social Media Analyst/Executive Job Role & Skills
• To reach the target audience, the social media executive must curate interesting & relevant material.
• Plan, develop, and carry out campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
The organization’s social media presence is represented by the social media analyst.
• The position requires participating in conversations and responding to inquiries as needed.
• The adoption of a proactive plan for gathering internet reviews and ratings from customers.
• Keep an eye on the latest developments in social media tools, channels, applications, and design.
The salary of digital marketing in india is typically on par with or more than a PPC executive’s salary. In India, the typical compensation range for a social media newbie or someone with less than three years of experience is between Rupees 1,50,000 and 3,50,000. The Manager Position is the next level on the pay scale and has an executive compensation of around Rs.500,000 per year. A social media manager makes around Rs. 560,000 annually on average. In India, the upper range of pay is close to Rs. 100,000. Digital marketing agencies have a tremendous need for social media specialists. Some company functions choose to outsource the job to specialist companies where the Social Media experts have access to all the necessary resources and skills to perform the assignment properly due to the diversity of the function (many tools & many platforms).
5) Content Marketing
Everything is considered content on the internet, including copywriting, blog posts, videos, podcasts, graphics and visuals, campaigns, and email newsletters. A content marketing manager with topic competence and people-leading abilities is required to handle these many types of content. In some businesses, SEO performs this function, however, with the enormous expansion of online content, a qualified professional is needed for this position.
Content Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills
• The duties of a content manager include developing, enhancing, and promoting content to meet organizational objectives.
• Content marketing, which aims to improve conversion rates by boosting online traffic and brand exposure.
• To maintain consumer engagement, brand consistency, and a satisfying customer experience, he or she must be able to supervise all marketing content activities.
• Candidates are in charge of the majority of the website content, blogs, copy, and other business-related communications.
• control the dissemination of information across online platforms and social media platforms to boost site traffic.
When compared to an SEO executive, the salary of a content marketing executive is higher. Content marketers have two functions inside a single position since they not only generate the content but also promote it. The typical salary range for a content marketing fresher in India is between Rupees 2,00,000 and 4,00,000. The Manager Position is the next level on the pay scale, and the highest income for an executive is around 5,000,000. The typical compensation for a content marketing manager in India is around Rs 6,50,000, while the top range is close to 1 million rupees. There are openings for a head of content marketing as well, with a need of 8+ years of experience and a compensation range of 10,00,000 to 20,00,000 rupees annually.
These figures are only estimates. The mastery of your talents, how rapidly you advance within the organization, and how swiftly you expand are the main determinants of your pay. The nice thing about internet marketing is that you can do it from home instead of in an office. You can make the same amount, if not more, working remotely from home or another convenient location as an employee who commutes to an office for digital marketing. Ready to land the dream position in digital marketing? If you are interested to learn new coding skills, the Entri app will help you to acquire them very easily. Entri app is following a structural study plan so that the students can learn very easily. If you don’t have a coding background, it won’t be a problem. You can download the Entri app from the google play store and enroll in your favorite course.