The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) conducts recruitment drive for the clerical cadre in the public sector banks across the country. IBPS Clerk CWE(Common Written Examination) -IX notification has yet to come. The official IBPS calendar shows December and January as the dates for preliminary and main examination respectively. The Junior Associate(JA)(Clerical job) is comparatively much more relaxing than the officer cadres. They don’t have any working pressure regarding the recovery, loan disbursement or else any other bank-related works. A Clerk in a Public Sector Bank can withdraw a salary of Rs.18,000/ to Rs.21,000/ during their training period. Last year there were 7275 vacancies across India, so candidates can expect vacancies not less than 7000 for this year too. 19 Nationalized banks are participating in this year recruitment drive. The IBPS Clerk Admit Card for preliminary examinations is expecting in the first week of December. Around 19 Nationalized banks are participating in this year’s recruitment drive. IBPS usually updates the IBPS Clerk Score Card on their official website within two weeks after the exam completion.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any subject from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent. (As on September 01, 2019)
- Working and Operating knowledge of Computer.
- Candidates age should be between 20 – 28 years old, as of September 01, 2019.
- Age relaxations as per the government norms are applicable.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|Sl No||Subject/ Topic||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|100||100||Composite time of 60 minutes (1 Hour)|
- Preliminary Examination’s marks will not be considered for the final merit list.
- Exam Dates : Preliminary – 07, 08, 14 & 15 December 2019
Click here for IBPS Exam Calendar: IBPS Exam Calendar 2019
|Sl. No||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
(2 hours 40 minutes)
IBPS Clerk Syllabus- Preliminary Examination
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Error Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Allegations
- Time, distance and speed
- Time and work
- Percentages, Partnerships
- Mensuration- Cone, Sphere, Cylinder
- Permutation and Combination, Probability
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Data Interpretation
- Height and Distances
- Charts, Bars and Graphs
- Stocks and Shares
- Number Systems
- Sequences and Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense Test
- Statements and Assumption
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangements
- Alphabetic Series and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
IBPS Clerk Participating Banks
- Vijaya Bank
- United Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- India Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Andhra Bank, and
- Canara Bank
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Dates
IBPS Clerk 2019 notifications are yet to available. The below-given dates are tentative only and based on the IBPS 2019 Exam calendar.
- 07 – 08 December 2019
- 14 – 15 December 2019
Successful candidates from the preliminary examinations should attend the main examination for the further screening process.
- Main Examination Date – 19 January 2020
IBPS Clerk Duties & Responsibilities
- Deposit and withdrawal cash handling is the primary work of the clerks.
- Clerks handle the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- Cheque Verification, Demand draft issue, Account Opening, and Account Closing related matters.
- Issuing ATM cards, Debit and Credit Cards, gold loans, etc.
- Maintaining a daily record of balance, attending Government Treasury related matters.
- Back-office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, tally balance, data entry, issue ESI stamps, etc
- The clerk also has a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc.
IBPS Clerk Salary
A Clerk in a Public Sector Bank can withdraw a salary of Rs.18,000/ to Rs.21,000/ during their training period. After the training period, other perks and emoluments are added and the Gross Salary will have a raise. IBPS Clerk Salary in-hand would be around Rs 19,461.
IBPS Clerk Score Card
Candidates can view their scorecard for the IBPS Clerk preliminary as well as the main examination within two-three weeks after the examination. Candidates should log in to their IBPS account with their “Registration Number” and “Password”. Here the candidates can find their awarded marks in each section and the overall scored marks.
Click Here to Check the IBPS Score Card: IBPS Clerk Score Card
The link will get active once the scorecards are updated in the IBPS official website.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.