The Kerala PSC Fireman Notification 2019 released on 15th October 2019 invites applications online for the Fireman( Trainee) post from qualified candidates. The purpose of the Fire force is to extinguish fires and to assist the state in other rescue missions. This challenging post comes under the Fire and Rescue Services Department of Kerala Public Service Commission. Here is a concise summary of the highlights of the official notification.
Kerala PSC Fireman Notification 2019 – Important details
1. Department : Fire and Rescue Services
2. Name of post : Fireman (Trainee)
3. Scale of Pay : Rs. 20,000 – 45,800
4. Number of Vacancies : Not Estimated
5. Method of appointment : Direct recruitment
6. Age Limit : 18-26. Only candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post.
7. Last date of receipt of applications: 20.11.2019 Wednesday up to 12 Midnight
8. No application fee is required
Process for submitting Applications
- Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission before applying for the post.
- Candidates who have registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User- ID and password.
- Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post.
- The photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31.12.2010. More details regarding this in the e-gazette
Before final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure the correctness of the information in their profile.
Applications once submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. Non-compliant applications will be rejected.
Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
Kerala PSC Fireman (Trainee) Application Process
- Candidates can apply for the post through the Commission’s official website ONLY after ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
- Candidates who have AADHAR card should add AADHAR as ID proof in their Profile.
- ONLY Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will be permitted to attend the examination. Candidates can generate and download the admission tickets in the last fifteen days till the date of the test.
- The ranked list of candidates finalized by the commission in pursuance of this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalization of the ranked list.
- Candidates will be advised from the said list against the existing vacancies and that may be reported to the commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
Kerala PSC Fireman (Trainee) Educational and Physical Qualifications
- Pass in Plus Two or its equivalent. Note: ( KS & SSR Rule 10(a)(ii) Part II applicable)
Diploma in Computer Application is Preferential.
- The Candidates must be physically fit and should possess the following minimum physical standards as prescribed in the e-gazette
Note: Physical Measurement of the candidates will be taken prior to the test and those who do not satisfy the prescribed Physical standards will not be allowed to participate in the Physical Efficiency test under any circumstances.
- Differently Abled and female candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates must have proficiency in swimming. The proficiency in swimming will be tested by a practical test conducted by the commission. Criteria for the swimming test as prescribed in the e-gazette.
- Visual Standards Must possess the Visual Standards as prescribed in the e-gazette.
- Details of medical certificates to be submitted as seen in the e-gazette.
Other conditions being equal, the Home Guard Volunteers who have completed a tenure of three years in that organizations and who have satisfactorily undergone training in Fire Fighting during the period of tenure will be given preference.
Every Person appointed to the post shall from the date on which he joins duty after he
completes the training and examination will be on probation for a period of two years on duty
within a continuous period of three years.
i) Training for a period of 6 months in the State Fire Service Training School or in any other institution as may be fixed, and pass the examination in the subject prescribed for the course.
ii) After the above training Six months practical training at a Fire station and a pass in the examination in the subjects prescribed for the course.
Written and practical test
A Written and practical test will be conducted during the last fortnight of the period of training. Those who fail to qualify in either one or both tests shall have their training extended for a further period of one month. At the end of which they shall be tested again in the subjects in which they failed.
The Director of Fire & Rescue Services shall allow a third chance to pass the course to all fireman recruits who fail at the re-test.
A Person appointed by direct recruitment to the post of Fireman shall execute a bond,
binding himself to service in the department for a period of 7 years and to pay to Government an
amount as prescribed by the government, in case of failure to serve in the department for the said post.
Written Test/OMR Test/Online Test
The applications of a candidate who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected. Candidates will be notified regarding the periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of admission tickets and also will be published in the examination calendar itself.
Stay tuned to Entri as we shall bring you all the latest updates on this notification. Entri is the best platform that guarantees you a smooth entry into the professional world of your dreams. Good luck!