National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – NEET is scheduled to be conducted on May 3, 2020 for admission to MBBS and BDS seats offered in all medical and dental colleges of India including AIIMS & JIPMER. NEET 2020 is also conducted for admission to AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses offered in government and private colleges in India. The Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has announced that NEET 2020 to be the single entrance exam for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in India. With this announcement, the admission to MBBS seats in AIIMS and JIPMER to be done based on NEET 2020. The AIIMS and JIPMER MBBS medical exam have been scrapped and admission to be provided through NEET 2020 score. In this blog we will discuss about NEET 2020 Application Procedure.
NEET 2020 Application Form started from 2nd December 2019 and continued till 31st December. Now the NEET application form correction window is available. Candidates who wish to rectify mistakes in their forms can do so from 15th January to 31st January 2020. The admit card for pen and paper-based exam will be released on March 27 and the result will be announced on June 4, 2020 for candidates who will secure the cutoff score as per their category.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET for admissions to MBBS seats under All India Quota (15%) and State quota (85%). The admission under 15% will be done through centralized counselling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). While for admission under 85% state quota seats counselling will be conducted by the designated state admission authority. Moreover, admission to MBBS seats in AIIMS and JIPMER will be done through counselling conducted by respective admission authorities.
NEET 2020 will be the basis of admission to nearly 98,786 MBBS and BDS seats in medical and dental colleges of India. Among the total seats, approximately 70,693 MBBS seats are under government and private medical colleges and 26,693 BDS seats in government and private Dental colleges of India. The remaining seat is in AIIMS and JIPMER medical colleges. AIIMS has a total of 1205 MBBS seats in its 15 medical institutions and JIPMER has 150 MBBS seats in its two medical colleges. Candidates can go to the link of NEET 2020 and check the status of application.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Important dates for NEET 2020 are as follows:
|NEET 2020 Application form Release (including uploading of photograph & signature)||2nd December 2019|
|NEET 2020 Application submission last date||6th January 2020|
|NEET 2020 – Last date to pay the fee||7th January 2020 (Upto 11:50 PM)|
|NEET 2020 Correction Window||15th January- 14th April 2020( Updated dates)|
|NEET 2020 Admit card available||15th April 2020( Updated date after postponed)|
|NEET Exam date||3rd May 2020|
|NEET Answer key release||2nd week of May 2020|
|Announcement of NEET result||4th June 2020|
|NEET Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2020|
NEET 2020 Application Form
NEET 2020 online registration will begin from 2nd December 2019 on the NTA official website. The last date to apply for NEET 2020 is 31st December 2019.
Instructions/Steps for filling the NEET Application Form:
It’s crucial to read and understand the NEET eligibility criteria before you apply for NEET 2020. You should also know and possess all the documents in relation to your domicile and educational qualification.
- Applications of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in examinations conducted by the NTA. Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee deposited will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Submission of online application and remittance of the fee would close as per the schedule given and no request for extension of time etc. shall be entertained. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin are liable to change based on decisions taken by the NTA and other authorities from time to time.
- NTA reserves the right to withdraw permission if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET (UG) even though the Roll Number and Admit Card has been issued by the Board.
- Candidate’s eligibility for NEET (UG) is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the MOH&FW/MCI/DCI/Board/MCC.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the NTA shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of NEET (UG) Examination would be videographed. The candidates are required to keep their head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the NTA official website for any further updates or information.
How to upload a photo for NEET 2020 Application Form?
How to upload a signature for NEET 2020 Application Form?
Here are the steps to be followed for NEET Application Form 2020:
|Step 1: Log on to the NTA official website.
Step 2: Click on “Apply Online”.
Step 3: Read the instructions and click on “Proceed To Apply Online For NEET (UG), 2020”.
Step 4: Enter the required details.
Note: Use a valid and active mobile number.
Step 5: Upload the image and signature.
Step 6: Pay the requisite amount in one of the prescribed modes.
NEET 2020 Application Form; Fee
Check the below-mentioned application fee for NEET 2020:
The accepted modes of payments are:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Net Banking
- E-wallet of Common Services Centre and other service providers
- a. Mandatory requirement: Valid ID Proof
- b. The student should have passed class XIIth or an equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- c. A minimum of 50% is required for General category, 45% for General Physically challenged, and 40% for SC/ST/OBC and SC/ST/OBC Physically challenged.
2. 85% State Quota Seat Eligibility:
85% of the total seats of any college will be reserved for home state students through state counselling. The balance 15% would be open for students from other states which will be filled by all India centralized counselling. To apply for the seats in the home state quota, the following criteria have to be met:
- a. The aspirant should have completed 10th and 12th grade from the state board
- b. Should possess a valid domicile of the state
- c. Should possess a residency proof of the state
3. Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- a. The aspirant must be an Indian National or Non-Resident Indians (NRI) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or Foreign Nationals
- b. The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- c. The age limit for applying is 25 years for general category and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC and Physically challenged category
- d. Students from Jammu and Kashmir are eligible to appear for the exam only for admission to admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed
University and AMFC Pune after self-declaration. They will not be eligible for the 15% All India Quota seats.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the NEET Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.