National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – NEET is scheduled to be conducted on July 26, 2020 for admission to MBBS and BDS seats offered in all medical and dental colleges of India including AIIMS & JIPMER. NEET 2020 is also conducted for admission to AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses offered in government and private colleges in India. The Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has announced that NEET 2020 to be the single entrance exam for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in India. With this announcement, the admission to MBBS seats in AIIMS and JIPMER to be done based on NEET 2020. The AIIMS and JIPMER MBBS medical exam have been scrapped and admission to be provided through NEET 2020 score.
NEET 2020 Application Form started from 2nd December 2019 and continued till 31st December. Now the NEET application form correction window is available. Candidates who wish to rectify mistakes in their forms can do so from 15th January to 31st January 2020. The admit card release has been postponed due to pandemic Covid-19.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET for admissions to MBBS seats under All India Quota (15%) and State quota (85%). The admission under 15% will be done through centralized counselling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). While for admission under 85% state quota seats counselling will be conducted by the designated state admission authority. Moreover, admission to MBBS seats in AIIMS and JIPMER will be done through counselling conducted by respective admission authorities.
NEET 2020 will be the basis of admission to nearly 98,786 MBBS and BDS seats in medical and dental colleges of India. Among the total seats, approximately 70,693 MBBS seats are under government and private medical colleges and 26,693 BDS seats in government and private Dental colleges of India. The remaining seat is in AIIMS and JIPMER medical colleges. AIIMS has a total of 1205 MBBS seats in its 15 medical institutions and JIPMER has 150 MBBS seats in its two medical colleges. Candidates can go to the link of NEET 2020 and check the status of application.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Important dates for NEET 2020 are as follows:
|NEET 2020 Application form Release (including uploading of photograph & signature)||2nd December 2019|
|NEET 2020 Application submission last date||6th January 2020|
|NEET 2020 – Last date to pay the fee||7th January 2020 (Upto 11:50 PM)|
|NEET 2020 Correction Window||15th January- 14th April 2020( Updated dates)|
|NEET 2020 Admit card available||To be updated|
|NEET Exam date||July 26, 2020|
|NEET Answer key release||To be updated|
|Announcement of NEET result||To be updated|
|NEET Counselling begins||To be updated|
NEET 2020; Eligibility Criteria
NEET 2020 will be conducted as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016. Here we will provide you with complete information regarding the NEET Eligibility 2020.
Age Limit for NEET 2020
(a) A student must have completed an age of 17 years at the time of admission under NEET eligibility or should complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
(b) The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on the date of examination under NEET eligibility with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category.
|For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)||born on or between 05.05.1995 and 31.12.2003|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category||born on or between 05.05.1990 and 31.12.2003|
Note: Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Nationality for NEET 2020
(a) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
(b) Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Academic Qualification for NEET 2020
(a) Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and must have come in the merit list of NEET (UG) – 2020 for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
(b) In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for Unreserved Candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
(c) In respect of PwD candidates, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for Unreserved category candidates.
(d) Students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
NEET 2020 online registration will begin from 2nd December 2019 on the NTA official website. The last date to apply for NEET 2020 is 31st December 2019.
Instructions/Steps for filling the NEET Application Form:
It’s crucial to read and understand the NEET eligibility criteria before you apply for NEET 2020. You should also know and possess all the documents in relation to your domicile and educational qualification.
- Applications of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in examinations conducted by the NTA. Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee deposited will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Submission of online application and remittance of the fee would close as per the schedule given and no request for extension of time etc. shall be entertained. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin are liable to change based on decisions taken by the NTA and other authorities from time to time.
- NTA reserves the right to withdraw permission if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET (UG) even though the Roll Number and Admit Card has been issued by the Board.
- Candidate’s eligibility for NEET (UG) is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the MOH&FW/MCI/DCI/Board/MCC.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the NTA shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of NEET (UG) Examination would be videographed. The candidates are required to keep their head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the NTA official website for any further updates or information.
There will be 180 objective type questions. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. For every correct response candidates will be awarded 4 marks & 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
Check the exam pattern for NEET 2020 below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the NEET Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.