Table of Contents
ഇംഗ്ലീഷാണോ പ്രോബ്ലം? എങ്കിൽ ഇതാണ് സൊല്യൂഷൻ!
Just think about the last time you were introduced to someone. Were you able to approach the person confidently and start a conversation with them? Or did you walk off in embarrassment because your mind went blank and you couldn’t think of anything to say? We have all been there. This is one of the most common situations we freeze up in when our minds go blank. Not anymore! All you need is a perfect English speaking course.
English is a global language. Which means, it can save your day anywhere in the globe. So, learning the same is essential in many phases of your communication. Even your work life and social life demand the same. So here are some of the things you can focus on in this journey of learning spoken English. Let’s figure out some of the actual struggles that anyone who tries to learn a new language undergoes. Then we shall sort the solution for those.
6 Common Fears to Tackle
I know, this can be relatable or fear-striking. But, here is the deal! Once you realise your difficulties, it’s easy to overcome them. These are the fears of anyone out there who is new to English Speaking
- I go blank when I want to speak in English
- I construct the sentences in my mind before talking
- I build a version of my mother tongue and try to translate
- I am scared of pronouncing it wrong & being judged
- What if they notice my grammar mistakes
- I feel shy to speak something I am not confident about
Learning a new language is always a challenge. So, you must realise the process that you are about to undergo. It involves learning the language from basics, vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and lots of practice. Begin from the basics of using everyday speaking language. Then gradually build your confidence to learn complex sentence formation and quick responses. As it is the beginning you are always prone to make mistakes. Thus, learn from your mistakes and keep improving. If you feel like you want a personal assistant on this, you can click here
How to Speak English Easily?
How to learn English Speaking? You can improve your English fluency in just a few minutes a day. This is not an easy task, but if you want to speak English fluently, then you must start now. You should not expect that you will become fluent in English overnight. You need to be patient and follow the instructions carefully.
Let’s Start with the Basics
It’s all in LSRW
1. Listening Skills
How to improve your listening skills?
Listening skill is one of the most important life skills. It helps you understand things better and communicate with people easily. But when it comes to improving listening skills, there are many ways to do that. Here are some of them:
1) Active listening: This is the best way to improve listening skills because it will help you understand what other people are saying without interrupting them. When someone asks you a question, pay attention by nodding your head or saying ‘yes’ or ‘uh-huh’. Otherwise, just listen attentively and say ‘uh-huh’ if you want something explained again later on.
2) Listening to movies and audio – Try to hear the audio and understand the words. Do not fall for your eyes by constantly checking the subtitles in the movies. Rather hear the audio and check the lip-syncs to understand the words. Once you hear a new word, try to learn its meaning too. This can help you develop your vocabulary later.
3) Accents differ – Whenever you try to figure out the listening part, it is essential to understand the pronunciation and accent differences. There are a variety of English accents and the popular ones are British English and American English. In India, British English is followed.
2. Speaking Skills
It’s essential to practice! If you are worried about speaking up to someone around, then talk to yourself!
Be your own Buddy
You can keep aside an hour to talk to yourself regarding various topics to improve your English speaking skills. Make sure you adapt to different topics, and vocabulary and try to figure out where you are getting stuck. Gradually, within a few days, you will be able to improve and feel confident to speak to someone else in English.
Try Mirroring Method
In the mirroring method, you will be repeating the words or sentences that a character or an actor must have mentioned somewhere. Take audio where you can replay and check the pronunciation and vocabulary to make sure you are saying it right. Then keep practising how some words are stressed and others aren’t. Thus, you can improve your pronunciation.
Don’t Put Off that Annoying Call!
We all receive various advertising calls regarding certain offers on any products or services. Utilise such chances and try to reply in English with confidence. Hence, you can gradually release the fear of talking to a second person.
3. Reading & Writing Skills
You have to read! No! Many of us aren’t bookworms and reading a novel or a book isn’t fun anymore. Then use your smartphones instead.
- Read those random Instagram posts you come across
- Read the posts of survivor stories or inspiration story
- Subscribe to those fancy online magazines
- Read something or anything that you are interested in by random browsing. There are tons of websites and blogs out there!
- You can start texting your besties in English to improve your writing skills
- Try out apps to write stories, poetry or something that keeps you going to improve your vocabulary
Spoken English for IELTS & OET
Mostly, spoken English is sorted before preparing for the test like IELTS & OET. In such cases, you can approach an online coaching centre like Entri App. Entri provides a complete learning package for IELTS candidates to get the top band score.
How to prepare for the IELTS exam?
- Focus on the pattern of the exam – LSRW
- Refer model questions
- Practice with mock tests
- Practice speaking on different topics
- Try writing down paragraphs with a timer to learn time management
- Ensure to listen to various types of English accents and audio
How to Choose an English Speaking Course online?
Technology has grown so far, now you can sit in the comfort of your own home and start spoken English classes. With ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് പഠിക്കാം with Inverted Coconut in Entri App, you can learn with Aparna Mulberry or Inverted Coconut, who is an American and native English speaker.
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you choose the spoken English course in online for yourself.
First of all, it is important to understand what type of student you are. Is it a beginner or an advanced learner? If you are just starting with your English skills, then you should try one of the beginner courses like ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് പഠിക്കാം with Inverted Coconut. These courses will help you practise speaking in everyday situations and make sure that your pronunciation is perfect. You can also learn grammar rules and vocabulary words.
If you have already been learning English for some time, then there are other options available to help improve your speaking skills even further. Some could include business English courses or even more advanced programs like Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
Tips to Speak English with Confidence
- Focus on the language you are learning, not the accent.
- Speak with confidence and relax your voice.
- Be natural and be yourself in the conversation.
- Make eye contact, use facial expressions and gestures, and use your hands for emphasis when you talk about something interesting or important to you.
- Try not to stress out over grammar rules; if you make a mistake don’t worry about it too much as long as it doesn’t sound unnatural or awkward (and don’t repeat yourself either!).
One Step at a Time
If you are reading this, you are halfway up. You can easily be fluent in English with the right mentor. Check the Entri App course – ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് പഠിക്കാം with Inverted Coconut to start your spoken English preparation with an expert trainer from America. You get to learn with her in a one-on-one session with both live and recorded classes. With active group practice, voice practice, study cards & quizzes, you can easily learn to speak in English within a few days. Click here to know more about ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് പഠിക്കാം with Inverted Coconut.