Below is the Exam Pattern for Local Self Government Secretary Post.
- The exam is OMR based.
- LSGS exam consists of 100 questions in total and each question carries one mark.
- Each wrong answer carries a negative marking of 0.33 marks.
- The exam carries total 100 marks
- The medium of the question paper will be Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada
- Exam duration is 1 hour 15 minutes
General Knowledge & Current Affairs-
v. Indian Constitution
vi. Arts, Literature, Culture, Sports
vii. Basics of Computer
viii. Science & Technology
Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning
Regional Language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil)
Detailed Syllabus of Local Self Government Secretary Post is enclosed below.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
HISTORY (10 Marks)
- KERALA – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and Religious Reform Movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources of Kerala History- United Kerala Movement- Political and Social History of Kerala after 1956.
- INDIA – Medieval India – Political History-Administrative reforms Contributions – Establishment of the British- First War of Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform movement- Newspapers – Literature and Art during the Freedom struggle –Independent Movement & Mahatma Gandhi Extremist Movement in India – India's independence – Post independent period – State reorganization – Development in Science, Education, and Technology – Foreign policy – Political History after 1951.
- WORLD – Great Revolution in England- American War of Independence – French Revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese Revolution- Political History after Second World war- UNO and other International Organizations
- + CURRENT AFFAIRS
GEOGRAPHY (5 Marks)
- Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere – Rocks – Landforms Pressure Belt and Winds- Temperature and Seasons- Global Issues- Global warming various forms of Pollutions – Maps- Topographic Maps and Signs – Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System-Oceans and its various movements – Continents – World Nations and its specific features.
- India – Physiography- States and Its features- Northern Mountain Region – Rivers- Northern Great Plain – Peninsular Plateau- Costal Plain – Climate – Natural Vegetation- Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources- Transport system – Road- Water- Railway- Air.
- Kerala- – Physiography- Districts and Its features- Rivers- Climate – Natural Vegetation- Wildlife- Agriculture and research centers – Minerals and Industries Energy Sources- Transport system – Road- Water- Railway- Air.
- + CURRENT AFFAIRS
ECONOMICS (5 Marks)
National Income – Per Capita Income – Factors of Production- Economic Sectors of Production – Indian Economic Planning- Five Year Plans- NITI Aayog – Types and Functions of Economic Institutions – Reserve Bank & Functions – Public revenue – Tax and Non-Tax revenue – Public Expenditure – Budget – Fiscal Policy – Consumer Protection & Rights
+ CURRENT AFFAIRS
CIVICS (5 Marks)
Public Administration – Bureaucracy – Features and Function – Indian Civil Service – State Civil Service – E-Governance – Information Commission and Right to Information Act – Lokpal & Lokayuktha – Government – Executive, Judiciary, Legislature. Election – Political Parties. Human Rights – Human Rights Organizations. Act and Rules regarding Consumer Protection, Watershed Management – Labor and Employment, National Rural Employment Policies, Land Reforms, Protection of women, Children, and Old Age People, Social Welfare, Social Security. Socio-Economic Statistical Data.
+ CURRENT AFFAIRS
INDIAN CONSTITUTION (5 Marks)
Constituent Assembly – Preamble – Fundamental Rights – Directive principles – Fundamental Duties – Citizenship – Constitutional Amendments – Panchayath Raj – Constitutional Institutions and their Functions – Emergency- Union List- State List – Concurrent List + CURRENT AFFAIRS
ARTS, SPORTS & LITERATURE (10 Marks)
Major visual and audio arts of Kerala with their origin, spread and practice
- Famous Places
- Reputed institutions
- Famous people
- Famous artists
- Famous writers
Major sportsmen of Kerala, India and the world who have made a mark in the field of sports, their sports, their achievements and the honors they have received.
Major Awards - Award Winners Knowledge of which area of performance each award is given for
Major trophies -relevant competitions? Sports
Major sports - Number of players participating
Keywords related to games
Famous achievements/sports stars
India's impressive performances at the Olympics
- Asian Games, Afro Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, SAFF Games
Impressive performance by India
- National Games
- Types of Games – Religions – Stars, Achievements
- National sports of each country? Entertainments
- MAJOR LITERARY MOVEMENTS IN MALAYALAM -EARLY WORKS AND AUTHORS
- The major works in each movement are their authors
- Writers - pen names, aliases
- Characters - Works
- Famous Lyrics -Works- Writers
- Periodicals were the pioneers of Malayalam journalism
- Important Awards Honors
- -Awarded Writers -Works
- Related facts Malayalis who have attained Jnanpeeth
- Malayalam cinema origin, growth, milestones, major contributors and National Award for Malayalam Cinema.
- Important festivals in Kerala, famous festivals and places associated with the celebrations
- Cultural Centers, Places of Worship, Cultural Leaders and Their Contributions in Kerala
COMPUTER SCIENCE (5 Marks)
Basics of Computer
- Input Devices (Names and uses)
- Output Devices (Names and uses/features)
- Memory devices – Primary and Secondary (Examples, Features)
- Classification – System software and Application software
- Operating System – Functions and examples
- Popular Application software packages – Word processors, Spreadsheets, Database packages, Presentations, Image editors (Uses, features, and fundamental concepts of each) o
- Basics of programming – Types of instructions (Input, Output, Store, Control transfer)
- Types of networks – LAN, WAN, MAN (Features and application area)
- Network Devices – Media, Switch, Hub, Router, Bridge, Gateway (Uses of each)
- Services – WWW, E-mail, Search engines (Examples and purposes)
- Social Media (Examples and features)
- Web Designing – Browser, HTML (Basics only)
Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws
- Types of crimes (Awareness level)
- IT Act and Other laws (Awareness level)
- CURRENT AFFAIRS
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (5 Marks)
- Science and Technology: Nature and scope of Science and Technology, Relevance of S&T, National policy on S&T and innovations, Basics of everyday science, Human body, Public Health and Community Medicine, Food and Nutrition, and Health Care. Institutes and Organizations in India promoting the integration of S&T and Innovation, their activities and contributions, and the Contributions of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Technology in Space and Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme, ISRO – its activities and achievements, various Satellite Programs – DRDO-vision, mission, and activities.
- Energy requirement and efficiency: India's existing energy needs and deficit, India's energy resources and dependence, Renewable and Non-renewable energy resources, Energy Policy of India – Govt. Policies and Programmes, Energy Security and Nuclear Policy of India.
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to the environment, its legal aspects, policies, and treaties for the protection of the environment at the National and International level, and environment protection for sustainable development.
- Biodiversity – its importance and concerns, Climate change, International initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India's commitment, Western Ghats, Features, Characteristics, and issues. Forest and wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India. Environmental Hazards, Pollution, Carbon Emission, Global Warming. Developments in Biotechnology, Green Technology, and Nanotechnology.
- + Current Affairs
II SIMPLE ARITHMETIC & MENTAL ABILITY (20 Marks)
(A) Simple Arithmetic (10 Marks)
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
(B) Mental Ability
- Problems with Mathematical Signs
- Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd man out
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
III GENERAL ENGLISH (20 Marks)
(A) English Grammar (10 Marks)
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – Definite and Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Question Tags
- Infinitives and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Degrees of Comparison
(B) Vocabulary (10 Marks)
- Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Expansion and Meaning of Common Abbreviations
- IV Regional Language
Malayalam (10 Marks)
- word purity
- Purity of speech
- single word
- opposite term
- Phrases Proverbs
- Add it
- the word
- write off
- Constituent word (complete the sentence)
Kannada (10 Marks)
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
Tamil (10 Marks)
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Adding Phrases