You are now ready to conquer the world. But you have no idea where to place your baby steps to grab your dream job. Where do you start? This question often confuses job seekers across the globe.
Imagine a perfect scenario…
You are searching vigorously for a job that perfectly suits your taste, weeks are dedicated to heavy job searches. You have designed a perfect resume, an attached CV. Many companies wave the green flag across your job request. You start to train yourself to tackle the interview. You’re almost there!
But suddenly you got reminded of the cover letter that you ought to attach along with your official application form. And here comes the dilemma. You have no idea how to perfect a cover letter. Now your head is spinning, what is a cover letter? how to draft a cover letter?
Don’t freak out! You got us. Writing a cover letter might be tougher for you then but not anymore! If paying ample attention, drafting a cover letter is simpler than one could perceive.
While preparing for a job interview, one needs to have a comprehensive and systematic approach. Millions of warriors are preparing themselves to crack the Interview. The interview process won’t be complete without proper preparation. Once you discover a golden opportunity, it’s time to turn the table. A good cover letter can give a neat first impression to the concerned about the applicant.
What is a cover letter?
- A cover letter is a one-page document or a composition that you propose along with the CV or Resume as part of the job application.
- Drafting a good cover letter can brand and instigate the concerned to read your resume.
- The cover letter shall briefly familiarize the aspirants by citing their professional experiences, background, and knowledge.
- Whenever you apply for a job, make sure to mention whether you have or don’t have the explicit prerequisites for the job definition.
Features of a Cover Letter
A compelling and convincing cover letter can enrich your probability of fetching your dream job. Along with the cover letter, one must comprehend how to compose an unconquerable resume to seize the attention of the concerned. Reevaluate yur resume and elevate it as per the aspiring job requirements.
- Upgrading the cover letter can increase the possibility of securing the desired job. Job seekers should pay attention to drafting their cover letter a compelling one.
- The one-page document can act as a life savior for job applicants across the globe. The cover letter can be submitted along with the job application. The main purpose of your cover letter should be a briefing about yourself.
- The cover letter should introduce you to the concerned in a few appealing sentences. It should carry a brief note on the professional background of the applicant.
- The average advisable word count of your cover letter should range between 250-400 words.
- The cover letter should not be long and hard to grasp.
- The main objective of the cover letter is to instigate a spark and interest in the HR manager to prompt them in reading your attached resume.
- The not-so-appealing cover letter shall directly find its way to the garbage bin as nobody cares about reading a bad cover letter.
- Make sure that your cover letter is convincingly appealing to the readers.
Ace your Interview Preparation with Aparna Mulberry!
How to draft a good cover letter?
This question might be bouncing inside your brain. Let’s find the best solution to this question by referring to some of the examples for drafting the best cover letters.
A good cover letter always acts as a supplement to your resume. Many people often regard a cover letter as a replacement for a resume. But in reality, the cover letter can aid your resume to reach out to the visibility of the HR manager or the concerned. Never repeat things in the cover letter that you have already mentioned in the resume and make it boring.
As you are not a professional writer, drafting a cover letter for the first time seems to be tiring. But once you get hold of the correct format and method, you could write a cover letter efficiently. A cover letter never calls out for creativity. Things that you jot down in the cover letter should be precise and accurate. It is more like a free play of facts.
- The applicants should comprehend the most welcoming format while crafting a cover letter.
- The applicants should make sure to maintain a Header, Greeting, Introductory paragraph, body paragraphs ( which include the second and third paragraphs), and a formal closing.
- Or in other words, your cover letter should consist of the contact details of the applicant, an Introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- In the header of your cover letter, input the contact details of the applicants in brief sentences. Then follows the greeting.
- In a cover letter, the applicant should greet the hiring manager in a polite tone.
- The introductory paragraph or the opening paragraph should include the top achievements of the applicants. In such a way, you can grab the attention of the HR Manager and prompt them to continue reading your cover letter.
- You can also mention the reasons why you’re applying for, where you’re applying to and why you’re applying for the post.
- Make sure you give brief personal information in the opening paragraph.
- In the body paragraphs, you should explain why you are suited for this job, why you fall into the category of a perfect candidate for the job, and why you’re an apt match for the firm
- Include the facts that aided you to achieve something great in your career, a briefing of your past success stories, the metrical display of your achievements on a factual basis, etc to add a pinch of brilliance to your body paragraphs.
- In the conclusion, you should mention your future aspirations and formally thank the reader, and put an end to your cover letter sincerely.
Want to get hired? How to perfect your cover letter?
The applicants should learn the basics to tackle a cover letter first. After covering the basics, now it’s time for us to explore the step-by-step format to guide you to draft a cover letter like a pro!
Cover Letter Template
The best cover letter could speak a lot about you. Finding the best cover letter template can only save you from creating a normal first impression. A good cover letter is all about creating the first and best impression on the concerned. Use a well-knitted, well-formatted, well-perfected visual template to draft your cover letter. The applicants can also use the suggestions given in the templates to improve their cover letter’s finishing touch. The cover letter should be clear and organized. The applicants can craft an organized cover letter with the help of a cover letter template. The perfect cover letter should be crafted along with your resume. Make sure you balance professionalism and personality in the cover letters.
The header section should begin with the contact information of the applicant. The applicants should include,
- Full Name of the applicant
- Email Id of the applicant
- Phone Number of the applicant
- Date of Submission
- Full Name and Title of the Hiring Manager or Team
- Name of the Company
In certain situations, you can also add a relevant social media profile that can be added benefit to the job position. LinkedIn, GitHub, Indeed, etc can be used as a better choice to share your profile. If your profile can add up some extra bonuses to the application, you can consider mentioning them in your header. In case of a professional writer seeking a job in a publishing company, you can add your personal blog Id right here in the header area.
The things that you are not supposed to add in the header include,
Your complete address as it looks like the repetition of the matters that you have already mentioned in the resume. You should prevent yourself from mentioning your personal and unprofessional e-mail address. The e-mail address that you plan to leave in your cover letter should be professional, official, and presentable. Avoid using e-mail ids like; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc. Instead, try mentioning your first name+ last name+@+e-mail provider+.com format to create a professional outlook for your cover letter.
Greeting your hiring manager is the key to impressing them with the first shot. The first and foremost thing that you need to write while drafting a cover letter is a classy greeting to the hiring manager. Address your hiring manager politely. Avoid using everybody’s favorite “Dear Sir/Ma’am” and look for something that helps you to stand out of the lot.
You have to do proper research on the company and the head to whom you are drafting your cover letter. You should be in a position to show your future head that you are such a dedicated person who would love to research matters related to the profession. Your greeting should also reflect your passion and enthusiasm to work with the team.
Never sound dull while you address your future head. It is not so difficult to find your hiring manager. The applicants can look into the department concerned or on LinkedIn. You can use some common greetings that could elevate the interest of the concerned in reading your resume.
- To whom so ever it may concern
- Dear Department Hiring Manager
- Dear Hiring Manager or Team
Join Interview Training Course with Aparna Mulberry! Enroll Now!
The style of your cover letter should be ideal for the job position you are applying for. The applicants should know how to meet the challenges of the modern job industries. The first impression is the best. Improve, Revisit and Redraft your Introductory paragraph to create an impression. The recruiting team would get thousands of job applications daily.
So it is important to catch the attention of the reader from the introductory paragraphs. Many recruiters never bother to read a cover letter end-to-end. All you can do is make your Introductory paragraph satisfying enough to aid you to land your dream job.
The applicants should make sure to give a generic outlook to the initial paragraph or the opening paragraph. You have to be factual enough to grab the attention of the concerned. Start your opening paragraph by mentioning two or three top achievements of your life. Make sure that you are mentioning the achievements that are relevant and useful to the post you wish to apply for.
The body of your cover letter is the core of your application. It can be further divided into second and third paragraphs where each paragraph plays a specific role in communicating the best of the applicant.
Why you’re the best option for the job?
The applicants should demonstrate their professional skills to the maximum level. You can convince the HR Manager that you are the better option for this job position. You can explain how you can fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities within the time limit. You should showcase your talent and ability to work with the team. You have to prove your worth and convince them that you are a better fit for the job than any other applicant.
You have to enquire about the important job responsibilities and requirements to satisfy the job roles. Thorough research and understanding of the company can only help you to secure valid information. The critical responsibilities should be noted down.
If you wish to apply to an Advertiser Company
Make sure that you match the basic requirement proposed by the company
- Outstanding Copy Writing Skills
- Excellent Academic writing skills
- Skills in Advertising on Social Media Platforms
Experienced Facebook Ad Manager etc Proven excellence and expertise in online PPC channels like Quora, Twitter, Google Search, etc
Explain why you are the best fit for the company
Never hit on the SEND button before confirming to the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the culture of the company. Those employees who fail to fit into the company culture would eventually have to leave. So, why you are the best fit for the job should be precisely convinced in the next paragraph. You should prove that you are interested in the job and you are ready to beat any job challenges. You should convince the hiring manager that you are passionate and enthusiastic about the job position. You should give assurance to the employer that you are ready to take up responsibility for the growth and development of the company. Research matters related to the company should bear in mind the essential details like the
The products and services offered by the company, the business model of the company, the company culture, the work environment, and so on. You can find valuable information on the company website.
Call to Action
The final touch should be charismatic. You can now finish up your cover letter and write the conclusion. The concluding paragraph should include the wrap-up points that you failed to communicate in the previous paragraphs. The concluding paragraph must have a thank you note where you have to thank the hiring managers for their time and effort. You have to sound confident and courageous. The cover letter must be wrapped up with an action call.
After drafting the final paragraph, the applicants should write a formal goodbye and thus you can wind up your cover letter. You can use any of the popular closing lines like Sincerely, Best Regards, Kind Regards, Faithfully, Thank You, etc.
Proofread your cover letter before hitting the “SEND” button!
Confidence makes difference in your life. It is important to build a stable foundation block to achieve career goals. If the lack of guidance is making you dull and less productive, it’s high time to enroll in Interview Polikkyam With Inverted Coconut. Aparna Mulberry, an American Professional Spoken English Trainer has initiated systematic, productive, and comprehensive techniques to upgrade your interview skills. The techniques to enrich your interview skills are the core thrust areas on which concentration will be clustered to.
Interview Polikkyam With Inverted Coconut is a six-month valid course that is destined to meet the requirements of an interview. The course could uplift your real performance potential. Interview Polikkyam With Inverted Coconut is a boon to those who struggle with interview anxiety. The course guides you from the process of job seeking to interview follow-ups. Reconstruct and Redefine your career dreams with Interview Polikkyam With Inverted Coconut. Enroll now!
Discussion about this post