SSC CPO notification is already out. The Staff Selection Commission has invited applications from eligible graduates below 25 years towards the Central Police services. The SSC conducts the CPO recruitment test to select candidates towards Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. After the completion of the application process, the selection procedure has already begun. Even though the Paper 1 written examination was conducted earlier, the Paper 2 written examination is still not concluded. The dates have been extended until further notice due to Covid-19 rise in the country. In this article, learn about the SSC CPO Notification in detail!
SSC CPO Notification 2021
As the selection process of SSC CPO Notification is still not concluded in the country, let us have a look at the major points that were mentioned through the SSC CPO recruitment 2021 procedure. This recruitment drive aims to selects candidates towards either of the three posts;
- Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police
- Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Service, and
- Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
The CAPF is a paramilitary force under the Central Home Ministry. The CAPF family includes 06 different departments:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), and
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
The Sub Inspectors in Delhi police will be posted in Delhi and they are responsible for the law and order in the Union Territor. While all other services are all India services and posting would be anywhere in India.
SSC CPO Important Dates
The important dates for the SSC CPO Exam that are on going are as given in the table below:
|June 17, 2020|
|Application Period||June 17, 2020, to July 16, 2020|
|Last Date for application||July 16, 2020|
|Last date for making fee payment (Online)||July 18, 2020|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||July 20, 2020|
|Paper 1 written examination||September 29, 2020, to October 05, 2020|
|Paper 2 written examination||March 01, 2021 – postponed to May 08, 2021- further postponed indefinitely|
SSC CPO Notification PDF Download
Last year SSC has released the Official Notification PDF for SSC CPO on their official website to recruit 1564 Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces and Delhi Police.
Click here to download SSC CPO notification pdf – Free Official PDF
SSC CPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Education Qualification: Graduation in any Discipline or its equivalent from any UGC recognized university. For SI in Delhi Police, male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV.
- Age Limit: The candidate’s age shall be between 20 years to 25 years as of January 01, 2021. Candidates shall be born between January 02, 1996, and January 01, 2001. Age relaxations according to the government norms are applicable.
SSC CPO Vacancy
|Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police (Male)||41||10||10||13||17||91||Nil|
|Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police (Female)||35||08||17||12||06||78|
SSC CPO Salary Scale
|Name of the Post||Pay Level||Group||Pay Scale|
|Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police (Male/ Female)||6||‘C’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF||6||‘C’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 29200-92300/-|
|Sub Inspector in CAPF||6||‘B’ Non-Gazetted||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
SSC CPO Selection Process
The SSC CPO selection process involves:
- Preliminary Written examination
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Descriptive Test
- Medical Examination, and
- Document Verification
Preliminary Examination Pattern
|Paper 01||Subject||Mode of Exam||Exam Duration||Maximum Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Computer based-Objective type||02 hours||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Total: 200 marks|
SSC CPO Physical Standard Test and Physical Endurance Test
Physical Standard Test (for all Posts)
|SL NO||Category of Candidates||Height
|Chest (in cm)Unexpanded||Chest (in cm)Expanded|
|1||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|02||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim.
|03||For all candidates belonging to
|04||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|05||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas
of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim
|06||For all female candidates belonging to
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
For male candidates only
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump- 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs)- 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only
- 100-meter race in 18 seconds
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump- 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 0.9 meters in 3 chances
PST/ PET will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying nature.
SSC CPO Descriptive Paper: Stage 03
|Subject||Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English language and Comprehension||Objective||2 hours||200||200 Marks|
CPO Medical Standards
- Eyesight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any corrections.
- The candidate with knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes are ineligible.
- Candidates should possess high colour vision.
- Candidates must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any forms of physical defects.
- A tattoo depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army is permitted. The size of the tattoo must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
SSC CPO Apply Online 2021
- To start your SSC CPO application, candidates must register themselves in the SSC One Time Registration. For this, click on the Register Now link provided in Login Section on the SSC official website: SSC Official Website.
- For One Time Registration, you need to enter your basic details, including matriculation or SSLC registration number and upload the recent photograph and signature.
- After completing the personal information page and click on the save icon. Your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. The same Registration Number and Password will be sent to you on your provided mobile number and Email ID. Save those credentials for future uses.
- Login to the SSC Official website through your Registration Number and password: Click Here
- Under the “Apply” tab click on the “CAPF” tab. Here you can find ” Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020 Apply. Click on the Apply.
- Your basic details will get automatically update on the application form. Select whether you are in the EWS category or not.
- Select your desired choices of examination centres. You can select up to three centres.
- Fill your highest qualification.
- Indicate your Ex-Servicemen and departmental candidates’ eligibility if applicable.
- Check the declaration and click on the “I agree” checkbox and fill up the Captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information and submit the Application.
- Male candidates belonging to General and OBC category should pay Rs. 100 towards the application fees. All other candidates are exempted from thee fees. Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CPO Notification FAQ’s
What is SSC CPO?
The CPO is the abbreviation for the Central Police Organization. Through this SSC recruits for CAPF, and Delhi Police Services.
When was the last date for the SSC CPO 2020 application?
July 16, 2020
Is there any application fees required in the SSC CPO application?
Male candidates from General and OBC category have to pay Hundred Rupees(100) towards the application fees, all others are exempted from the fees.
Can final year graduates apply towards the SSC CPO recruitment?
Yes, if you can produce your graduation certificates on or before the Document verification stages.
Is SSC CPO tougher than SSC CGL?
SSC CPO is comparatively easier than other SSC examinations. Here both written examination and the PET have more or equal weightage.
Do I need to send any documents to the SSC office?
No, the application process is completely digitalized. No need to send any sorts of documents towards the SSC offices.
Is there any negative marking system prevail in SSC CPO written exams?
Yes, like any other SSC exams there is negative marking in the SSC CPO written exam. For every wrong answer in Paper-1 and Paper-II, a candidate will lose 0.25 marks.