Table of Contents
Union Public Service Commission is the authority to conduct various examinations in India. UPSC is conducting examinations for various posts in the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF). UPSC is the body that conducts the CAPF exam to recruit for various Group A and Group B posts in the above-mentioned security services of the country. CAPF is the unified name of the seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs. The recruitment is done to fill in various posts under UPSC CAPF, which are vacant in the five security forces. This article shares some details of UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification – Dates, Vacancy, Eligibility, Syllabus.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification – Dates, Vacancy, Eligibility, Syllabus
The Seven Security Forces of CAPF are:
- CRPF– CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force
- BSF– BSF stands for Border Security Force
- ITBP– is known as Indo-Tibetian Border Police Force
- SSB– full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal
- NSG– NSG full form is National Security Guard
- CISF- full form of CISF is Central Industrial Security Forces
- AR- AR stands for Assam Rifles
CISF: Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings, and heritage monuments. Through the UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 62 vacancies of CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer.
BSF: BSF’s full form is the Border Security Force. It is a paramilitary force that guards India’s land border during peacetime and prevents transnational crime. Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 66 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officers through the UPSC CAPF exam.
CRPF: CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949. CRPF is recruiting 29 Assistant Commandant Officer through UPSC CAPF exam.
ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. The number of vacancies CAPF AC recruitment 2022 will fill in Group A vacancies in ITBP is 14 posts.
SSB: The full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. It is Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into the territory of India, and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. SSB has also invited online applications through UPSC CAPF exam notification 2022 to recruit only 01 CAPF AC officer.
NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all their manifestations. NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism.
AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of the Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting the surrounding hills.
CAPF is mandated with the responsibility of enabling the Government of India to effectively and efficiently maintain public order, legal rules and regulations, and internal security. And CAPF is also entrusted to preserve integrity, promote social harmony and development on a national level by placing service and loyalty above self.
UPSC CAPF Notification 2022: Important Dates
UPSC has released the detailed Application Form for the CAPF exam on 20th April 2022 to fill the post of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Force. Check out the other important dates for UPSC CAPF Notification 2022 from the table below.
|UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2022
|20th April 2022
|20th April 2022 to 10th May 2022
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Admit Card
|3 weeks before the examination
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam
|07th August 2022
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result
|September 2022 (tentative)
|UPSC CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination
|UPSC CAPF Interview
UPSC CAPF Vacancy 2022
The vacancy distribution table for UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2022 is as given in the table below.
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2022: Vacancy
|Number of vacancies
- Out of the total number of vacancies for UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2022, 10% will be reserved for ex-servicemen
- Reservation on vacancies will also be there depending on the Union government policy
- If there aren’t enough number of ex-servicemen to fill up the available vacancies then candidates from other categories will be eligible for those posts.
UPSC CAPF Exam 2022: Online Application Procedure
The interested candidates who were willing to serve with the responsibility of enabling the Government of India to effectively and efficiently maintain public order, legal rules and regulations, and internal security can apply for the post through an online portal in the Official Website of UPSC CAPF. The steps for filling the application are: details of the applicants like Personal and Educational, Upload documents such as photograph and signature, Opting examination center, Application fee, etc.
NB: Before filling in the application form candidates must ensure to fulfill the CAPF eligibility criteria prescribed in the notification released.
Fee Structure- CAPF Exam
The last step of the application is the payment process, candidates exam can pay by both online and offline mode. Fee once paid is not refundable in any case, neither can be reserved for further examinations.
- General/ OBC – Rs.200/-
- SC/ST and Women of all categories – Exempted from payment of fees
UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Before applying to the post the candidates are required to ensure that they are fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria of CAPF exam 2022. The selection of candidates will be purely provisional subject to satisfying UPSC eligibility criteria for the CAPF exam. Eligibility criteria will be verified with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for the Interview round.
Check out the CAPF eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age limit: The age of the candidate must be in between 20 and 25 years. (Age limit relaxation: – SC/ST: 5 years, OBC (reservation applicable): 3 years, Ex-servicemen/Civil Central Government Servants: 5 Years, J&K Domiciled: 5 years)
- Educational Qualification: A bachelor’s degree from any government-recognized University or Deemed University.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Candidates must be thorough with the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus and exam pattern. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 07th August 2022. There will be a written examination, which comprises of two papers: Paper-I and Paper-II. The medium of the exam will be in English and Hindi language. Paper-I in the CAPF exam will have Multiple Choice Questions carrying 250 marks and Paper-II will be the subjective type with a weightage of 200 marks. After the qualification of paper-I and paper-II candidates will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The candidates who have qualified in the PET will be summoned for the final round – Interview, which carries 150 marks.
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus and Exam pattern
|Paper-I (10 am-12 pm)
|General Ability and Intelligence
|Objective type; 250 marks
|Paper-II (2 pm – 5 pm)
|General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
|Subjective type; 200 marks
|Physical Efficiency Test
|Candidates who qualify for Paper I & II
The exam commission will prepare a list of cut-off marks for each paper. Marks of Paper-II will be evaluated only for those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I of the CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam.
Exam Marking Scheme
- There is negative marking only for objective type Paper-I.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd (0.33) marks will be deducted.
- If a candidate opts for more than one answer for any question, it will be treated as a wrong answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for it.
- If a question is left blank, no answer is marked by the candidate for a particular question, there will be no deductions for that question.
- Paper-II is descriptive type, thus no negative marking is applicable.
UPSC CAPF 2022: Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the UPSC CAPF 2022 for the Paper-I test is organized to evaluate the General Ability and Intelligence of the candidate. This section carries 125 questions with a total weightage of 250 marks. These are the following topics:
- General Mental Ability: The questions designed in this will relate to logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, data interpretation and numerical ability.
- General Science: This section tests the knowledge of comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation, general awareness, and scientific temper including new areas of importance like Biotechnology, Information Technology, and Environmental Science.
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance: The questions of this section tests the awareness of the candidate of current events related to the national and international level. Broadly it covers the area of culture, literature, music, arts, sports, societal and developmental issues, governance, business, industry, globalization, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: This section aims to test candidates’ knowledge of the political system and the constitution of the country, public administration, social system and economic development of the country, human rights and its indicator, last but not the least regional and international security issues.
- History of India: It covers the subject in its social, economic, and political aspects and also includes the areas of freedom movement and growth of nationalism.
- Indian and World Geography: Questions in Indian and world geography covers the economic, social, and physical aspects of geography relating to India and the World.
Paper-II of the CAPF exam is of descriptive type. The CAPF Syllabus for paper-II covers General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension carrying a weightage of 200 marks. The syllabus of Paper-II is divided into two parts:
Part‐A consists of essay questions which is a total of 80 marks, the questions that are to be answered in the narrative form either in Hindi or English. The topics for the essay are geography, polity, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, economy, analytical ability, knowledge of security, and human rights issues.
Part‐B – is of 120 marks covering questions related to comprehension, precis writing, and other communication or language skills. This part is to be attempted only in English. The topics covered in the CAPF AC syllabus in this part are Comprehension passages, precis writing, simple grammar, developing counter arguments, and other aspects of language testing.
Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking, Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.
General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography, and History of India.
Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National, and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.
Comprehension and Essay and English Language
Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.
To preserve integrity, promote social harmony and development on a national level by placing service and loyalty above self are the best qualities needed in CAPF officers. Prepare yourself to be so. A nation is entrusted in the hands of these officers. Hope all of you got an idea on UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification – Dates, Vacancy, Eligibility, Syllabus. Learn with Entri app and start your preparation without wasting time. Entri wishes all the UPSC CAPF aspirants good luck.
|UPSC CAPF Exam Information Links
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus
|UPSC CAPF Mock Test
|UPSC CAPF Exam Date
|UPSC CAPF Video Course
|UPSC CAPF Application Form
|UPSC CAPF Study Materials
|UPSC CAPF Vacancy
|UPSC CAPF Interview Questions
|UPSC CAPF Admit Card
|UPSC CAPF Job Profile
|UPSC CAPF Study Plan
|UPSC CAPF Salary
|UPSC CAPF Previous Question Papers
|UPSC CAPF Best Books
|UPSC CAPF Result
|UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria
|UPSC CAPF Cutoff
|UPSC CAPF Selection Process
|UPSC CAPF Exam Analysis
|UPSC CAPF Answer Key