Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D notification on october 2020 in its official website ssc.nic.in. The last date for submitting application was on 04th November 2020 and the examination was planned to be conducted 29th March 2021 to 31st March 2021. But it is now postponed until further notice from the commission. The admit card will be available 3-7 days before the examination on the websites. The candidates will be selected through Computer Based Exam (CBE) which will be held over for 3 days. This is an opportunity knocking on your door to fulfill your dream of securing a government job and never miss it! Here in this article we will be discussing all the necessary information about the SSC Stenographer Notification.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2021
Staff Selection Commission controls the recruitment of applicants to various post in the Central Government sector. The selection of applicants to the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D will be conducted through Computer Based Examination, Skill Test and Document Verification. The basic factors of recruitment notification are eligibility criteria, number of vacancy, selection process, exam pattern and syllabus, etc. You can find out more details of SSC Stenographer from the following sub-topics.
|Name of the organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Post||Stenographer|
|Official Notification Release date||October 2020|
|Number of Vacancies||To be Announced Soon|
|Selection Process||1. Computer Based Test
2. Skill Test
|Date of The Exam||29th March 2021 to 31st March 2021 – Now Postponed|
|Admit Card Status||1 week prior to the exam|
|Official Web portal||www.ssc.in|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2021
The Staff Selection Commission will release the number of vacancies available for the post of Stenographer in due course of time. However, the candidates shall anticipate a similar number of vacancies as was available in the previous years. Here is look of the previous year vacancies available for the SSC Stenographer post.
|Name of the Post||Vacancy|
|Stenographer Grade C||31|
|Stenographer Grade D||323|
SSC Stenographer Salary 2021
Check out the table below for the salary details that can be expected if a candidate gets appointed for the post of SSC Stenographer.
|Name of the Post||Pay Scale||Grade Pay||Gross Pay|
|Stenographer Grade C||Rs. 9300-34800||4200 (Pay band 2)||Rs.50,682/-|
|Stenographer Grade D||Rs. 5200-20200||2400 (Pay Band 1)||Rs.37,515/-|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The minimum age limit of a candidate must have is 18 years (for both Grades).
- The maximum age limit of a SSC Stenographer Grade C candidate should be 30 years.
- The maximum age limit of a SSC Stenographer Grade D applicant should be 27 years.
The candidates belonging to the following nationalities are eligible to appear for the SSC Stenographer 2021 examination.
- Indian citizen
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee, who plans to settle in India
- People born in India but migrated to Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East Africa countries
The candidate must possess a 12th standard matriculation certificate or the equivalent one.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2021
There will be two stages for the SSC Stenographer examination. The first one is a Computer Based Exam (CBE) with multiple choice questions while the latter is a Skill Test.
Phase 1: Computer based exam
- There will be three papers such as General awareness, English language and comprehension and General intelligence and reasoning.
- A total of 200 questions with 200 marks will be asked.
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Candidates have to score up to the qualifying marks for appearing in the Skill Test.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General English and Intelligence||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
Phase 2: Skill Test
This is a test which is qualifying in nature.
- Candidates will have to attend a dictation of ten minutes in English or Hindi.
- Their efficiency in typing also will be tested by asking them to transcribe certain words into the computer with a speed of 100 words per minute for the post of stenographer Grade C and 80 words per minute for the post of stenographer Grade D.
- The skill test will be held at the commission’s regional offices or at other centers.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2021
In order to make your preparation effective, you need to have a clear cut idea on the syllabus of the exam. Staff Selection Commission has published the syllabus of the exam in detail in their official website. Let us have a look on that.
As we have mentioned, the first phase of the recruitment process is a computer based exam with three main papers. Now let us consider each of the papers separately.
Paper 1 : General awareness
- Current affairs
- Awards and honors
- Scientific research
- Important dates
Paper 2: English Language and Comprehension
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Sentence structure
- Reading comprehension
- Para jumbles
Paper 3: General intelligence and reasoning
- Arithmetic computation
- Number series
- Visual memory
- Blood relation
- Decision making
- Problem solving skills
- Similarities and differences
- Space Visualization
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Visual memory
- Verbal and figure classification
- Abstract ideas and symbols
SSC Stenographer Application Procedure 2021
All the interested candidates must submit the online applications through the official site of the Staff Selection Commission only. No other mode of application will be accepted. Here are some simple steps to follow during the application:
- Login to the official web portal of the Staff Selection Commission.
- Find the Application link for SSC Stenographer Exam 2021.
- Carefully fill the details of the application form-including uploading passport, signature and other documents.
- Click on submit button. And take a print out of the application
SSC Stenographer Application Fee 2021
- The application fee of SSC Stenographer is Rs.100/- (Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Learn with Entri app and ace your SSC Stenographer 2021 exam preparations. Entri wishes good luck to all candidates.