The Staff Selection Commission recruits candidates for the post of Delhi Police Constable according to the need. Last year, the commission issued a recruitment notification to recruit nearly 835 candidates towards the Delhi Police Constable positions. The Delhi Police recruitment for constables will have written examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test and Physical Endurance Test and Medical Test as the screening stages. Both male candidates and female candidates are eligible for these positions. Candidates below 25 years with higher secondary education are eligible for these posts. For the year 2022, the commission is yet to start the online applications as the PMT of 2022 recruitment is still under way. We will update you with the Delhi Police Constable 2022 application link once it is published. Now let’s have a look at the important facts about the recruitment process.
Attempt free SSC Mock Tests! Download App Now!
Delhi Police Constable Recruitment : Police Constable
The eligibility criteria for the post of Delhi Police Constable is discussed below:
- Age Limit: Candidates age shall be between 18 years to 25 years. There shall be a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category. If a candidate belongs to an OBC category, then there would be a 3-year relaxation in the upper age limit. This relaxation is admissible for those castes notified in the Central List and the List issued by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed10+2 (Senior Secondary) from a recognized Board on the closing date of receipt of online applications. The daughters of either serving retired or deceased Delhi Police Personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police can apply even if they are 11th pass.
- Physical Measurements: Candidates height shall be a minimum of 170 Cms (Male Candidates), and 157 cms for Female Candidates. Candidates from below given communities have a 5 cms, for Male candidates and 2cms relaxations for female counterparts. Residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh.
Attempt our free current affairs mock tests
Mode of Selection
The SSC Delhi Police Recruitment for Constables 2022 has the following selection stages:
- Written Examination
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the examination in Computer Based Examination mode on all India basis throughout the Country. The Computer Based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 Questions carrying 100 marks. There will be negative marking of 0.25.marks for each wrong answer.
|SL No||Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|2||General Knowledge/ Current Awareness||50||50|
|4||Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MSWord, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc.||10||10|
- The question paper shall be of Matriculation Level having distribution as Easy Questions- 30%, Medium level Questions- 50% and Difficult Questions- 20%.
Attempt free mock tests on Indian History to ace your preparations
Physical Endurance Test
- Female Candidates
Minimum Required Height: 157 cms
|Age||Race 1600 meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||08 minutes||10 feet||03 feet|
|30 years to 40 years||9 minute||9 feet||2’9″|
|40 years to 50 years||10 minute||08 feet||2’6″|
Attempt free reasoning ability mock tests
- Male Candidates
Minimum Required Height: 170 cms
|Age||Race 1600 meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||6 minutes||14 feet||3’9″|
|30 years to 40 years||7 minute||13 feet||3’6″|
|40 years to 50 years||8 minute||12 feet||3’3″|
Minimum 81 cms – 85 cms (with a minimum of 4 cms expansion).
Attempt Previous Year Question Papers
Delhi Police Constable Recruitment: Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analogies, similarities and differences,
- Space visualization, spatial orientation,
- Problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making,
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series,
- Coding and decoding,
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification
- Statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Word Building,
- Numerical Operations, Symbolic Operations,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization,
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences,
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Patternfolding and completion,
- Embedded Figures
Attempt free mock test to ace your SSC 2022 preparation
General Knowledge and Current Awareness
- India and its neighboring countries
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
- Current Affairs
Attempt free English Grammar mock tests
- Number Systems,
- Computation of Whole Numbers,
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental Arithmetical operations,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss,
- Time and Distance,
- Ratio and Time,
- Time and Work.
Attempt free mock test to ace your Delhi Police 2022 preparation
Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc.
- Elements of Word Processing (Word Processing Basics, Opening and closing Documents, Text Creation, Formatting the Text and its presentation features).
- MS Excel (Elements of Spread Sheet, Editing of Cells, Function and Formulas)
- Communication (Basics of E-mail, Sending/receiving of-Emails and its related functions)
- Internet, WWW and Web Browsers (Internet, Services on Internet, URL, HTTP, FTP, Web sites, Blogs, Web Browsing Software, Search Engines, Chat, Video conferencing, e-Banking).
Delhi Police Constable Vacancy 2022
|Constable Executive Male||3433|
|Constable EXE – Male Ex-Servicemen (others)||226|
|Constable Executive Male Ex-Servicemen Commando||243|
|Constable Executive Female||1944|
The commission will follow the below-given reservation rules while distributing the vacancies among different categories:
- 15% for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe Candidates.
- 27% for OBC candidates as per Central List and List issued by the Government of NCT of Delhi.
- 10% for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates.
Attempt free Delhi Police Constable Mock Tests! Download App Now!
Delhi Police Constable Application
- Candidates from all states are eligible for applying towards Delhi Police Constable recruitment notification.
- Interested candidates can apply towards the notification either through the SSC official website or through the Delhi Police official website, Click Here
- There shall be an application fee of Rs. 100. Women candidates, and candidates belonging to Scheduled
Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from application fee payment.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Attempt free mock test to ace your Delhi Police Constable preparation
Discussion about this post