The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a recruitment notification for the posts of Sub Inspector under Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of the Commission at ssc.nic.in. Applications can be submitted from Wednesday, 10th August until 30th August, 2022. Here we are checking through the Delhi Police SI notification details with its selection pattern, eligibility criteria, vacancy, salary, etc.
SSC CPO SI Recruitment Important Dates 2022
|Notification Date||10th August, 2022|
|Commencement of online application||10th August, 2022|
|Last date for online application||30th August, 2022|
|Last date for online fee payment||31st August, 2022|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||30th August, 2022|
|Window for Application Form Correction and online payment of Correction Charges||1st September, 2022|
|Computer Based Exam||November, 2022|
SSC CPO SI Vacancies 2022
There are a total of 4300 vacancies for the posts of Sub Inspectors. The post wise vacancies is as shown below:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: 3960
- Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police-Male: 228
- Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police-Female: 112
Check out the official notification to know about reservations for certain categories.
SSC CPO SI Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must go through the eligibility criteria set by SSC to ensure that they satisfy all the required conditions. Applications of those who do not meet the criteria are bound to be rejected. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
Candidates should have completed a degree or Graduation in any Discipline or its equivalent from any UGC recognized university. For Sub Inspector positions in Delhi Police, male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV.
The candidate’s age shall be between 20 years to 25 years as of 1st January, 2022. Applicants shall be born between 2nd January, 1997, and 1st January, 2002. The upper age limit relaxations according to the government norms are applicable. The age limit relaxation criteria are as follows:
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|Divorced women, women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married, and widows||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married belonging to SC/ ST categories.||Up to 40 years of age|
|Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|Departmental candidates belonging to OBC who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 33 years of age|
|Departmental applicants belonging to SC/ ST categories who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 35 years of age|
|SL NO||Category of Candidates||Height
(in cm) Unexpanded
(in cm) Expanded
|1||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|02||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim.
|03||For all candidates belonging to
|04||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|05||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim
|06||For all female candidates belonging to
- Eyesight: Candidates should have a minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The applicants minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any corrections.
- The applicants with knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes are ineligible.
- Examinees should possess high colour vision.
- All applicants must be in good bodily and mental health and free from any forms of physical defects.
- Any tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army is permitted. The tattoo that is less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body will get a pass.
Applicants should be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan. Those who are subjects of Bhutan or Nepal should have a certificate of eligibility which has been issued by the Government of India.
SSC CPO SI Application Process
- Applications have to be submitted through the official website – ssc.nic.in
- To start your application, one must register themselves in the SSC One Time Registration. To register yourselves with the SSC’s Application portal, click on the Register Now link provided in Login Section on the SSC website: Click Here.
- After completing the One Time Registration, the Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. The Registration Number and Password will be sent to your given mobile number and Email ID.
- Now you can log in to the SSC Official website through these Registration Numbers and password combinations: Click Here
- On the home page, Under the “Apply” tab click on the “CAPF” menu. On the opened tab you can find the ” Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2021″ application line. Click on the link to start your application.
- Select whether you are in the EWS category or not, and three desired choices of examination centres.
- Fill in your highest completed education qualification.
- Check the declaration given at the page end, fill up the Captcha code, and click on the “I agree” checkbox.
- Preview and verify the given information and submit the Application.
- While there are no application fees for Female and Ur reserved Male candidates, the Male candidates belonging to the General and OBC category should pay Rs. 100 towards the application fees.
- The Application Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Delhi Police SI Notification: Selection Process
The Delhi Police Sub Inspector 2021 recruitment’s selection process involves:
- Preliminary Stage examination
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Mains Exam: Descriptive Test
- Medical Examination, and
- Document Verification
Let’s check the exam patterns and selection criteria in detail:
- Preliminary Exam
|Paper||Subject/ Topic||Mode of Exam||Exam Duration||Maximum Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability||Computer based-Objective type||02 hours||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Total Marks: 200 marks|
- Delhi Police SI Descriptive Paper
|Subject||Test Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English language and Comprehension||Objective||2 hours||200||200 Marks|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For male candidates only
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump- 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 lbs or 7.25 Kg)- 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only
- 100-meter race in 18 seconds
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump- 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 0.9 meters in 3 chances
Physical Endurance Test will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying nature.
Delhi Police SI Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analogies, similarities and differences,
- space visualization, spatial orientation,
- Problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making,
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- Number series, non-verbal series,
- Coding and decoding,
- Statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Word Building,
- Numerical Operations, Symbolic Operations,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization,
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences,
- Pattern-folding and un-folding
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking,
General Knowledge and General Awareness
- India and its neighbouring countries
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene,
- General Polity, Indian Constitution,
- Scientific Research etc.
- Current Affairs
- Computation of whole numbers, decimals,
- fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Percentage, Ratio, and Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Averages, Interest,
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance,
- Time and Work,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra
- Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a
circle, common tangents to two or more circles,
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle,
- Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular
- Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities,
- Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon,
- Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Spelling Test
Paper- III Descriptive Paper: English Language and Comprehension
- Error recognition,
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, prepositions, articles etc.),
- Vocabulary, Spellings,
- Sentence Structure, Sentence Completion
- Synonyms, Antonyms,
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc
Previous Year Cut Off Scores
The preliminary exam cut off scores for the 2019 Delhi Police SI recruitment is as follows:
- Male Candidates Open Category
|Cut Off Score||70.67||74.54||40.00||91.28||86.95||101.19||NA|
|Number of Candidates||8282||4403||3292||14658||5314||5939||41888|
- Male Departmental Candidates
- Male Ex-Serviceman Cut Off Scores
- Female Candidates Open Category
|Cut Off Scores||75.45||73.59||97.78||91.72||104.12||NA|
Delhi Police SI Salary
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: This post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400 to Rs.112400 and is classified as Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
Sub-Inspector (Executive): (Male/Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-Rs.1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group ‘C’ by Delhi Police.
Download Entri, to get instant access to hundreds of mock tests, video classes, live sessions, previous year question papers, current affairs updates, study materials, etc. You can now find both sectional and full-length mock tests on all topics to aid your preparations.