A uniformed position is a dream for many. Among the choices available to the Uniform services aspirants the opportunities available in Central Police organization are of a great hit. Periodically, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the CPO recruitment to hires Sub Inspectors to various organizations like CISF, CRPF, and Delhi Police. Among them, the Delhi Police Sub Inspector positions are a Grade ‘C’ position available for both Female and Male candidates. Here we are checking through the Delhi Police SI notification details with its selection pattern, eligibility criteria, vacancy, salary, etc. Since the 2021 official notification is yet to be out, the given details are based on the last recruitment cycle. We will update you with the latest data once the same is available on the Staff Selection Commission’s official website.
Delhi Police SI Notification 2021
Every year the Staff Selection Commission recruits thousands of eligible candidates across the country to Central Police Organization through the SSC CPO recruitment. Through this CPO recruitment SSC hires candidates towards either of the three posts;
- Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Service, and
- Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police
The Sub Inspector in Delhi Police is a level-06 Grade C non gazetted position that is available for both male and female candidates. Since the next Delhi Police SI notification is expected to be out next month, let’s check the eligibility criteria, vacancy, syllabus, and exam pattern for the position.
The important dates for the 2021 Delhi Police SI recruitment are:
|Delhi Police SI Notification Date
|Delhi Police SI 2021 Application Period||August 2021 to September 2021|
|Last Date for the online application||September 2021|
|Last date for online fee payment||September 2021|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||September 2021|
|Prelims Exam||November 2021|
|Descriptive Exam||January 2022|
- Since the notification is yet to be available, the above-given dates are tentative only. We will update the table once the official notice is out.
Delhi Police SI: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have completed a degree or Graduation in any Discipline or its equivalent from any UGC recognized university. For Sub Inspector positions in Delhi Police, male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV.
Delhi Police SI Age Limit
The candidate’s age shall be between 20 years to 25 years as of January 01, 2021. Applicants shall be born between January 02, 1996, and January 01, 2001. The upper age limit relaxations according to the government norms are applicable. The age limit relaxation criteria are as follows:
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|Divorced women, women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married, and widows||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married belonging to SC/ ST categories.||Up to 40 years of age|
|Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|Departmental candidates belonging to OBC who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 33 years of age|
|Departmental applicants belonging to SC/ ST categories who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Up to 35 years of age|
|SL NO||Category of Candidates||Height
(in cm) Unexpanded
(in cm) Expanded
|1||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|02||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim.
|03||For all candidates belonging to
|04||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|05||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim
|06||For all female candidates belonging to
Delhi Police SI: Medical Standards
- Eyesight: Candidates should have a minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The applicants minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any corrections.
- The applicants with knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes are ineligible.
- Examinees should possess high colour vision.
- All applicants must be in good bodily and mental health and free from any forms of physical defects.
- Any tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army is permitted. The tattoo that is less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body will get a pass.
Delhi Police SI Notification: Selection Process
The Delhi Police Sub Inspector 2021 recruitment’s selection process involves:
- Preliminary Stage examination
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Mains Exam: Descriptive Test
- Medical Examination, and
- Document Verification
Let’s check the exam patterns and selection criteria in detail:
- Preliminary Exam
|Paper||Subject/ Topic||Mode of Exam||Exam Duration||Maximum Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability||Computer based-Objective type||02 hours||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Total Marks: 200 marks|
- Delhi Police SI Descriptive Paper
|Subject||Test Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English language and Comprehension||Objective||2 hours||200||200 Marks|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For male candidates only
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump- 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs or 7.25 Kg)- 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only
- 100-meter race in 18 seconds
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump- 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 0.9 meters in 3 chances
Physical Endurance Test will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying nature.
Delhi Police SI Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analogies, similarities and differences,
- space visualization, spatial orientation,
- Problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making,
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- Number series, non-verbal series,
- Coding and decoding,
- Statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series,
- Problem Solving, Word Building,
- Numerical Operations, Symbolic Operations,
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization,
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences,
- Pattern-folding and un-folding
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking,
General Knowledge and General Awareness
- India and its neighbouring countries
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene,
- General Polity, Indian Constitution,
- Scientific Research etc.
- Current Affairs
- Computation of whole numbers, decimals,
- fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Percentage, Ratio, and Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Averages, Interest,
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance,
- Time and Work,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra
- Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a
circle, common tangents to two or more circles,
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle,
- Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular
- Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities,
- Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon,
- Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Spelling Test
Paper- III Descriptive Paper: English Language and Comprehension
- Error recognition,
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, prepositions, articles etc),
- Vocabulary, Spellings,
- Sentence Structure, Sentence Completion
- Synonyms, Antonyms,
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc
Since the 2021 Delhi Police Notification is yet to be out, this given vacancy break up is based on the previous year details, i.e, the available vacancy details as of July 01, 2020.
- Delhi Police SI Vacancy 2021 for Male Candidates
|Type of vacancy||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total
- Delhi Police SI Vacancy: Female Candidates
Unlike their male counterparts, the Female candidates have only a single mode of selection is the Delhi Police Sub Inspector recruitment, i.e, the open recruitment.
|Type of vacancy||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||Total Posts|
Previous Year Cut Off Scores
The preliminary exam cut off scores for the 2019 Delhi Police SI recruitment is as follows:
- Male Candidates Open Category
|Cut Off Score||70.67||74.54||40.00||91.28||86.95||101.19||NA|
|Number of Candidates||8282||4403||3292||14658||5314||5939||41888|
- Male Departmental Candidates
- Male Ex-Serviceman Cut Off Scores
- Female Candidates Open Category
|Cut Off Scores||75.45||73.59||97.78||91.72||104.12||NA|
Delhi Police SI Salary
The Sub Inspector (Executive) in Delhi Police is a non-gazetted, Grade C position in Pay level-06 of the latest CPC. With the pay scale of Rs 35400 and Rs. 112400 and other allowances the in-hand salary of the newly appointed Sub-Inspector can be as high as Rs. 50000 or more. The detailed salary break-up for a new Sub Inspector in Delhi Police is as follows:
|Salary and Allowances||Amount|
|House Rent Allowances||8496|
- CGHS: Central Government Health Scheme
- NPS- National Pension System
- CGEGIS: Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme
Delhi Police SI Online Application
The Staff Selection Commission receives the Delhi Police SI online application through their official website only.
- To start your application, one must register themselves in the SSC One Time Registration. To register yourselves with the SSC’s Application portal, click on the Register Now link provided in Login Section on the SSC website: Click Here.
- After completing the One Time Registration, the Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. The Registration Number and Password will be sent to your given mobile number and Email ID.
- Now you can log in to the SSC Official website through these Registration Numbers and password combinations: Click Here
- On the home page, Under the “Apply” tab click on the “CAPF” menu. On the opened tab you can find the ” Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2021″ application line. Click on the link to start your application.
- Select whether you are in the EWS category or not, and three desired choices of examination centres.
- Fill in your highest completed education qualification.
- Check the declaration given at the page end, fill up the Captcha code, and click on the “I agree” checkbox.
- Preview and verify the given information and submit the Application.
- While there are no application fees for Female and Ur reserved Male candidates, the Male candidates belonging to the General and OBC category should pay Rs. 100 towards the application fees.
- The Application Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Download Entri, to get instant access to hundreds of mock tests, video classes, live sessions, previous year question papers, current affairs updates, study materials, etc. You can now find both sectional and full-length mock tests on all topics to aid your preparations.