Table of Contents
The UPSC CDS Notification for 2024 will be released on December 20, 2023. This notification will provide detailed information about the upcoming Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is conducted twice a year, known as CDS 1 and CDS 2 for the recruitment of officers into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers’ Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Airforce Academy. Unmarried men and women candidates are eligible for this recruitment. Women candidates can apply for OTA positions only. The selection process of Combined Defence Service (CDS) 2024 comprises of single stage written examination followed by the SSB interview and medical examination.
Aspiring candidates who wish to join the defense sector in 2024 can now start preparing for the exam. The notification will provide information on eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, important dates, application process, and other important details about the CDS Exam. Here, we are discussing the UPSC CDS Notification 2023, exam pattern, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
UPSC CDS Notifiation 2024: Highlights
The UPSC CDS Notification 2024 is all set to be released! This competitive exam, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), is a gateway for entrants into the armed forces of India such as the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.
The UPSC CDS Notification will open up opportunities for Indian citizens to join the country’s defense services. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria which include educational qualifications, age limit, and other details are eligible to apply for the post. Find the below table for an overview of UPSC CDS Notification 2023 which will be released on December 20, 2023.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||UPSC CDS 2024|
|No. of Vacancies||to be released|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Language of Written Exam||Bilingual|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|CDS Exam Duration||2 hours (Each Paper)|
|Marking Scheme||1/3 for Each Incorrect Answer|
|Job Location||All Over India|
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024 Apply Online
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) examination every year to recruit eligible candidates for various posts in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. If you are interested in the UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024, you can apply online through the official UPSC website. The application process will require you to fill out all the necessary details and upload relevant documents. It is important to carefully read and follow all the instructions mentioned in the application form to avoid any errors or rejection of your application. Read the UPSC CDS Notifiation 2024 PDF to know about CDS Eligibility criteria, mode and process of application, etc.
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024 Apply Date
The CDS 2024 exam offers individuals an opportunity to become a part of the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA). The application process for UPSC CDS 1 Recruitment 2024 will commence on December 20, 2023, and remain open until January 09, 2024. The CDS 2 application process will begin on May 15, 2024, and conclude on June 04, 2024. To apply for the CDS 2024 exam, candidates may visit the official UPSC website. The online application process for the CDS 2024 exam requires providing necessary details, uploading required documents including photographs and signatures, and paying the application fee. Read the provided PDF below to learn more on UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024.
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024: Notification Release Date
The UPSC CDS 1 notification for 2024 is just around the corner! The notification will be released on December 20, 2023, giving aspiring candidates ample time to prepare for the exam. The UPSC CDS 1 exam is taken by aspiring candidates to seek entry into Indian Defence Services. Exam details such as syllabus, application process, eligibility criteria, important dates and more will be included in the notification. Candidates should be sure to bookmark the UPSC CDS website to stay up-to-date on the latest updates and notifications. Good Luck!
UPSC CDS Notification 2024 PDF
The UPSC CDS 1 Notification 2024 will be released on December 20, 2023. This notification is for the recruitment of officers in the armed forces. The exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and offers an opportunity for Indian citizens to join the defense force. The notification will contain all the details and information related to the Combined Defense Services Examination 1, 2024. Candidates should read the notification carefully and ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before applying. Download the UPSC CDS Notification 2024 PDF from the provided link below.
Download the UPSC CDS Notification 2024 PDF Now (Available Soon)
UPSC CDS Notification 2024: Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024 Vacancy should keep in mind the important dates for the selection process listed below:
|UPSC CDS 2024 Important Dates|
|UPSC CDS Notification 2024 release date||December 20, 2023|
|UPSC CDS 1 Application Period||December 20, 2023 – May 15, 2024|
|UPSC CDS 2 Application Period||January 09, 2024 – June 04, 2024|
|UPSC CDS 1 Exam Date||April 21, 2024|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam Date||September 01, 2024|
|UPSC CDS 1 Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination|
|UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result Date||Notify Later|
|UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card||Notify Later|
UPSC CDS Vacancy 2024: Check Here
The UPSC is expected to announce the vacancies for the year 2024 through the CDS 2024 Notification.
|Name of the Army||No. of Posts|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||to be updated|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||to be updated|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||to be updated|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Men)||to be updated|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Women)||to be updated|
|Total Vacancies||to be updated|
UPSC CDS 1 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The essential education qualification and the age limit for the applicants according to the UPSC CDS 2024 notification is:
|Indian Military Academy||Graduation Degree|
|Indian Naval Academy||B.E/B.Tech (10+2 with Physics & Maths)|
|Air Force Academy||Graduation, B.E/B.Tech (10+2 with Physics & Maths)|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Men)||Graduation Degree|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Women)||Graduation Degree|
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 Years|
|Indian Naval Academy||19-24 Years|
|Air Force Academy||20-24 Years|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Men)||19-25 Years|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Women)||19-25 Years|
- Only unmarried male candidates born between July 2, 2000 and July 1, 2005 are eligible for the IMA.
- Only unmarried male candidates born between July 2, 2000 and July 1, 2005 are eligible for the Indian Naval Academy.
- For Air Force Academy – Age: 20 to 24 years as of 1st July 2024 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 2000 and not later than 1st July 2004 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1998 and not later than 1st July 2004 only are eligible.
- Note: Candidates under the age of 25 must be unmarried. During training, marriage is not permitted. Married candidates over the age of 25 are eligible to apply, but they will not be provided with married housing and must live with family outside of the premises during the training period.
- Unmarried male candidates born between July 2nd, 1999 and July 1st, 2005 are only eligible for Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men).
- SSC Women Non-Technical Course for Officers’ Training Academy Unmarried women, widows with no issue who have not remarried, and divorcees with no issue who have not remarried are all eligible. They must have been born between the 2nd of July, 1999, and the 1st of July, 2005.
- To be eligible for the CDS 2024 Exam, a candidate must be unmarried and either: a Citizen of India, a Subject of Bhutan, a Subject of Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January, 1962 to permanently settle in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam.
UPSC CDS Selection Process 2024
UPSC CDS 2024 follows a three-stage recruitment process consisting of the
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
- Merit List
To get selected for IMA, INA, or AFA, candidates have to attempt three papers in the written exam, while OTA candidates have to attempt only two papers. In the second stage of selection, candidates have to appear for an interview that will test their intelligence, personality, and psychological aptitude. To be eligible for the CDS exam, candidates have to qualify for both stage 1 and stage 2. UPSC releases the final cutoffs for the CDS exam soon after the conclusion of the whole process.
UPSC CDS Application Process 2024: How to Apply
Check out the Application Procedure for Filling Out the CDS 2024 Form –
- To start your application, visit UPSC official website
- On the home page, click on the Apply Online tab.
- On the newly opened tab, click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations” tab.
- Click on the Part-1 registration tab across the Combined Defence Services Examination (I).
- Enter your personal details, like name, age, category, matriculation certificate no, email id, mobile number etc.
- Once you completed the part-1 of the registration, you will receive a registration number and password combination. use this credentials to log in to the part-2 of the application process.
- You need to upload your photo, signature and valid id card in the Part-II of the registration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and the file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- The Id card should be of PDF file and the size should not exceed 300 KB (must not be less than 20 KB).
- Candidates can pay the application fee online, through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net banking or by cash challan in SBI bank.
- If you are using SBI cash Challan mode, then complete the registration before May 15, 2024, since it requires a day to reflect in the fees acceptance portal.
- Make sure to complete the application process by May 15, 2024.
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024: Apply Link
For your convenience, you can apply for UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024 using the link provided below.
UPSC CDS Apply Link 2024 (Activated Soon)
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024: Application Fee
Applicants can pay the examination fee through cash/credit card/debit card or net banking. The fee structure is given below.
|Category||Application fees (In INR)|
|General and OBC male candidates||200|
UPSC CDS Exam Date 2024
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be conducting the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination twice in the year 2024. The first CDS exam, also known as CDS 1, is scheduled to be held on 21st April 2024. The second exam, CDS 2, will be conducted on 1st September 2024. The CDS exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates in the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officers Training Academy (OTA). The admit card will be available 3 weeks before the UPSC CDS exam.
UPSC CDS Admit Card 2024
The Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination is a highly-anticipated test for many aspirants seeking a career in defense services. The UPSC usually releases the Admit Card for the CDS Examination 3 weeks before the scheduled exam date. This Admit Card serves as an entry pass for the candidates who have successfully registered for the exam and contains important details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam center, and timings. Candidates need to download and print their Admit Card from the official website of UPSC before the exam as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre.
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2024: Exam Centers
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will list the CDS exam centers in the CDS 2024 Notification. The UPSC CDS 2024 will take place in offline mode. In order to avoid last-minute hassle, candidates were advised to get to their exam location at least one day in advance and familiarize themselves with the schedule. Applicants interested in further details about CDS Exam Center 2024 can view the table below.
|Agartala||Ghaziabad||Panaji – Goa|
|Ahmedabad||Prayagraj – Allahabad||Gwalior|
|Almora – Uttarakhand||Indore||Raipur|
|Anantapur – Andhra Pradesh||Itanagar||Rajkot|
|Chennai||Kohima||Srinagar – Uttarakhand|
|Cuttack||Kozhikode – Calicut||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Navi Mumbai||Warangal|
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2024
The selection process involves two stages of screening,
- Written Examination – Objective
- Personality Test and Interview for Intelligence
|SL NO||Subject/ Topic||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|2||General Knowledge||02 hours||100|
|3||Elementary Mathematics||02 hours||100|
- For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|SL NO||Subject/ Topic||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|2||General Knowledge||02 hours||100|
UPSC Combined Defense Services Syllabus: UPSC CDS Syllabus 2024
The syllabus for the written exam and the personality test is:
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Spelling test
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting the Error
- Para jumbles
- Cloze test
- History of India
- Geography of India and the world
- Basic facts about the Indian Constitution
- Physics, chemistry, and biology – basic facts
- Current Affairs
- Number systems
- Basic mathematical Operations
- Elementary Number Theory
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two-stages of screening. Only the successful candidates from stage:01 will get their chance in stage:02 tests.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Pay Scale: UPSC CDS Salary 2024
|Captain (Level 10 B)||6,13,00 -1,93,900|
|Lieutenant (Level 10)||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A )||1,21,200 – 2,12400|
|Major (Level 11)||6,94,00 – 2,07,200|
|Brigadier (Level 13A )||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Colonel Level 13||1,30,600 – 2, 15, 900|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15)||1, 82, 200 – 2,24,100|
|Major General (Level 14)||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17)||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|HAG+Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400||2,24,400|
|COAS (Level 18)||2,50,000 (fixed)|
|Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier||Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed|
UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers
Click here to download the UPSC CDS question papers from previous years: