Railway Recruitment Board will be announcing the number of vacancies for the post of RRB Senior Section Engineer 2021. Candidates looking for the application details are on the right page. This article gives you information regarding RRB SSE Recruitment 2021. Aspirants who are waiting to build a perfect career in the railway department can use this golden opportunity for a secure life. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post online.
Online Applications are invited by RRB from eligible candidates only. Candidates can visit the official website of RRB to apply online. In this article, we shall provide you with the information on RRC /RRB Recruitment, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fee, etc. Continue reading the below article for more details.
RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board. Aspirants whose goal is to attain a Central Govt Job can use this chance for their dreams to come true. Candidates who met the eligibility criteria, mentioned below, can apply for this job post. Applications will be accepted by the board until the last date as per the notification. The link to the application form is available on this page as well as on the Official RRB website. Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) conducts a Computer-based online test for the candidates. Candidates will be selected for the post based on their performance in the written exam.
RRB SSE Notification 2021
Government of India, Ministry of Railways, Railway Recruitment Board conducts recruitment for SSE posts. So, Aspirants looking for a job in the Railway department can apply for these jobs. Job seekers should apply to gain a Central Government Job. The applications are to be filled by the aspirants before the last date.
RRB SSE Important Dates
|Organization||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Number of Vacancies||4500+ (Tentative)|
|Name of the Post||Senior Section Engineers (SSE)|
|Application Starting Date||To be updated soon|
|Last Date to fill the Application||To be updated soon|
|Job Category||Railway Jobs|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Application Mode||Apply Online|
RRB SSE 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
RRB SSE Age Limit
- The minimum age limit to apply for SSE posts is between 20-34 years.
- Age relaxation for the candidates will be permitted based on the Central Government Rules.
- Age relaxation varies for every category. 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for Ex-Servicemen.
Senior Section Engineer – P-Way, Bridge, Drawing (Civil) & Design & Estimation, Research Engineer, TMS
- Four years Bachelor’s Degree in (a) Civil Engineering or a combination of any sub stream of Basic streams of Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution
Section Engineer – Mechanical (Workshop), Carriage & Wagon, Dsl Mechanical, Dsl Electrical, J&T (Jig & Tools), Drawing & Design – Mechanical
Four years Bachelor’s Degree in
- (a) Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Manufacturing / Mechatronics / Industrial / Machining / Instrumentation & Control/ Tools & Machining /Tools & Die making / Automobile / Production Engineering, or
- (b) a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Manufacturing / Mechatronics / Industrial / Machining / Instrumentation & Control / Tools & Machining / Tools &Die Making / Automobile / Production Engineering from a Recognized University/ Institute.
Section Engineer – Electrical/ Electrical (GS), Electrical – TRD, Electrical – TRS, (Electrical) / Workshop, Drawing/ Design& Drawing – Electrical, Signal, Telecommunication, (S&T) Workshop, Drawing/S&T
Four years Bachelor’s Degree in
- (a) Electrical / Electronics / Information Technology / Communication Engineering / M. Sc Electronics, or
- (b) a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical / Electronics / Information Technology / Communication Engineering from a recognized University / Institute
Section Engineer – Track Machine
- Four years Degree in (a) Civil/ Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronics/Instrumentation & Control Engineering from a recognized university / Institution
RRC Senior Section Engineer Vacancy and Salary
This year it is expected to have 4500+ vacancies in different departments for the SSE posts. In the previous notification, released in 2015, there were 1074 vacancies under Civil, Mechanical and Electrical departments’ posts:
- Senior Section Engineer – P-Way – 222
- Senior Section Engineer Bridge – 28
- Senior Section Engineer – Works – 51
- Senior Section Engineer Drawing (Civil) & Design & Estimation – 23
- Senior Section Engineer – TMS – 01
- Senior Section Engineer (Mechanical) (Workshop) – 85
- Senior Section Engineer Mechanical – 125
- Senior Section Engineer Carriage & Wagon – 118
- Senior Section Engineer / Dsl Mechanical – 14
- Senior Section Engineer / Dsl Electrical – 10
- Senior Section Engineer (Drawing & Design) Mechanical – 11
- Senior Section Engineer – Electrical/ Electrical (GS) – 105
- Senior Section Engineer – Electrical – TRD – 85
- Senior Section Engineer – Electrical – TRS – 40
- Senior Section Engineer – Electrical) / Workshop, Drawing/ Design& Drawing – Electrical – 13
- Senior Section Engineer – Signal – 56
- Senior Section Engineer – Telecommunication – 46
- Senior Section Engineer – (S&T) Workshop -2
- Senior Section Engineer – Drawing/S&T – 1
- Senior Section Engineer – Track Machine – 36
- Senior Section Engineer / PCO/ Shop Floor – 02
The Pay Band and Grade Pay for the post of Senior Section Engineer, SSE is Rs. 9300-34800, with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-.
RRC Senior Section Engineer Selection Process 2021
RRB Board follows a strategy for the selection of the students. The selection will include the following stages.
- Online Exam (Computer Based Test) –Selection will be merit-based and will be on the basis of an online (Computer Based) examination. There will be a negative marking in the CBT examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question.The exam duration will be 120 minutes.Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification in the main list.
|Subjects||Number of Questions/ Marks||Duration|
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
The appointment of selected candidates will be done only after they pass the requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates will also be done.
RRB SSE Recruitment 2021 – Steps to Appy Online
The candidate can follow the steps given below to apply for the post online.
- Log on to the official website of RRB by typing indianrailways.gov.inin the browser.
- Click on the “RRB Senior Section Engineer (SSE) Application 2021, Apply Now” link on the homepage.
- Click on the New Registration link
- Enter all your personal details.
- A website will register you with a new registration ID and password.
- Login with the ID and password.
- Fill the form with all the educational qualification details.
- Upload the required documents, Photos, and Signatures.
- Make the fee payment through Internet banking/Credit Card/Debit Card, etc.
- After the payment process is completed.
- Click on Submit Button.
- Take a printout of the application.
RRB Senior Section Engineer- Online Application Fee
The application fee depends on the category. Given in the table are the fee details mentioned for each category.
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs 100/-|
|ST/SC/Female/PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
For more information and updates about the RRB recruitment notifications keep visiting this page as well as the Official Website of the RRB. The notification is expected to be released by August/ September 2021. All further updates will be available on our page.