Delhi Police Recruitment 2023: The Staff Selection Commission officially announced the recruitment for the position of Constable with the Delhi Police on September 1, 2023. The detailed notification for the 2023 Delhi Police Constable Vacancy can be found in a PDF format. For your convenience, you can apply for the Delhi Police Recruitment 2023 by visiting the official website at ssc.nic.in. The deadline for submitting online applications for the 2023 Delhi Police Constable Recruitment is September 30, 2023. Check all the further notification details from the article.
SSC GD Constable Notification 2023: Overview
|Delhi Police Recruitment 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Delhi Police Constable 2023|
|Vacancy||7547 (5,056 Male and 2,491 Female)|
|Online Registration dates||01 September 2023 to 30 September 2023|
|Selection Process||Online Test, PE & MT|
|Job Location||Delhi NCR|
According to the SSC exam calendar 2021, the online registration process for SSC General Duty constable recruitment will continue till 30 August 2021. The commission is yet to announce the Stage-1 preliminary exam of the SSC GD constable recruitment. SSC GD Constable 2018-19 notification had 60210 vacancies for Constable (GD) Post in CAPFs Departments, and the 2021 notification holds 25271 vacant positions for this year’s recruitment.
Important Dates for GD Constable 2023
Delhi Police Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Delhi Police Constable Important Dates|
|Delhi Police Notification Release Date||01 September 2023|
|Online Registration Starts From||01 September 2023|
|Online Registration Ends on||30 September 2023|
|Last date for Online Fee Pay||30 September 2023|
|Delhi Police Admit Card||To be notified|
|Delhi Police Constable Exam Date
|14th,16th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th
November 2023 & 1st, 4th, 5th December 2023
|Delhi Police Constable Answer Key||To be notified|
|Delhi Police Constable Result||To be notified|
|PE & MT Dates||To be notified|
|Delhi Police Constable Final Result||To be notified|
Notification PDF for SSC GD Constable
Delhi Police Constable Online Form Link
With the publication of the official announcement, the online application procedure for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment began. The direct application link for this recruitment campaign is provided below for the convenience of applicants. The application link for the position of constable is only open until September 30, 2023.
Forces under Recruitment of GD Constable
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Assam Rifles
Delhi Police Constable Vacancy Details
The total number of Delhi Police Constable Vacancy 2023 released by the commission is 7547 for male and female candidates. The below table shows the vacancy distribution across various posts for Delhi Police Constable 2023. The Delhi Police Constable 2023 Vacancy details are updated below.
|Constable (Exe.) Male (Open)||3053||542||287||872||302||5056|
|Constable (Exe.) Female||1502||268||142||429||150||2491|
Eligibility Criteria for the GD Constable
Citizenship or Nationality
The candidate must be a citizen of India
The category-wise age limit to apply for Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 is as follows.
|General and EWS candidates||18 to 25 years|
|OBC category||18 to 27 years|
|SC / ST candidates||18 to 30 years|
Educational Qualification for candidates
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 from a recognized Board will be able to apply for the aforesaid posts.
- Relaxable up to 11th pass only for:-
i) Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
ii) Sons of serving, deceased, and retired police personnel including Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
Delhi Police Bharti 2023 Selection Process
Delhi Police Recruitment 2023 candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the following rounds:
- Computer-Based Examination: 100 Marks
- Physical Endurance & Measurement Tests(PE&MT): Qualifying in Nature
|SSC Region||States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region|
|Central Region (CR)||Bihar and Uttar
|Eastern Region (ER)||Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim, and West Bengal|
|Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)||Lakshadweep, Karnataka, and Kerala|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)||Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|North Eastern Region (NER)||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura|
|Northern Region (NR)||Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand|
|North Western Sub-Region (NWR)||Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab|
|Southern Region (SR)/||Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana.|
|Western Region (WR)||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra|
The SSC GD Constable selection process involves the following stages:
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Exam Pattern for the Tier I Compute-Based Examination
- Mode of Exam will be Objective Multiple-Choice type.
- The medium of computer-based examination will be English and Hindi only.
- Also, note that there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|2||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|For all other candidates||1.6 kms in 8 ½ minutes||5 kms in 24 minutes|
|For Ladakh Region candidates||800 meters in 4 minutes||1.6 km in 6 ½ minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Height||170 cms||157 cms|
|80 cms||5 cms|
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination to prove age, name, and educational qualification
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority
- Valid NCC Certificate
- Certificate from serving defense personnel
- Undertaking for Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement
- Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims
- Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee
Syllabus for CBT
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type.
Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding.
General Awareness & General Knowledge
Tests’ the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him.
Current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.
Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work.
English/ Hindi Language
To test the basic language abilities and also basic comprehension would be tested.
Cut off CBT
Those candidates scoring the below(without NCC bonus marks) will be recruited to PET/PST:
- EWS/ ESM/ UR – 35%
- SC/ ST/ OBC – 33%
SSC GD Constable 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
Some of the important exam day guidelines that aspirants must keep in mind are:
- Candidates must bring their SSC GD Constable to admit card to the exam center.
- Candidates must carry photo-identity proof like a Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card. issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc. in the original.
- No Electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates must reach the exam center on time.
- Examinees reaching the exam center late are not allowed to appear in the exam.
Final SSC GD Result
The final SSC GD result along with allocation is released by Staff Selection Commission on its website. The final result released by the commission is based on the performance of candidates in exams like CBE, DME, RME PET, PST, which are only qualifying in nature.
Follow this page for the SSC GD Constable CBT exam date updates and to practice the latest mock test series for the Tier I SSC examination 2023.