The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC GD Constable recruitment official notification by 17th July 2021. The commission conducts the GD Constable recruitment to select candidates towards the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve The Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Assam Rifles.
Interested candidates can apply online from 17 July to 30th August 2021 for the post of Constables (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA, SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2021. Check all the further notification details from the article.
SSC GD Constable Notification 2021: Overview
|Name of the recruitment exam||SSC GD or Staff Selection Commission General Duty 2021|
|Conducting body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Post name||Constable Executive (Males and Females)|
|Selection stages||Computer-Based Test (CBE), Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Exam (Detailed Medical Exam (DME), Review Medical Exam)|
|Exam frequency||Not fixed [based on the number of vacancies intimated by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) or Delhi Police to SSC|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
According to the SSC exam calendar 2021, the online registration process for SSC General Duty constable recruitment will continue till 30 August 2021. The commission is yet to announce the Stage-1 preliminary exam of the SSC GD constable recruitment. SSC GD Constable 2018-19 notification had 60210 vacancies for Constable (GD) Post in CAPFs Departments, and the 2021 notification holds 25271 vacant positions for this year’s recruitment.
Important Dates for GD Constable 2021
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment||Dates and Details|
|SSC Notification Released on||17 July 2021|
|Starting date for the Online application submission||17 July 2021|
|Last date to submit the online application||30 August 2021|
|Online payment last date||2 September 2021|
|Offline payment through challan generation last date||4 September 2021|
|Offline payment through challan last date||7 September 2021|
|Computer-based Tier I exam date||To be announced later|
Notification PDF for SSC GD Constable
Forces under Recruitment of GD Constable
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Assam Rifles
Vacancy Posts for SSC GD Recruitment
Post-wise Grand Total Vacancy
Category-wise vacancy list for Male Candidates
Category-wise vacancy list for Female Candidates
Eligibility Criteria for the GD Constable
Citizenship or Nationality
The candidate must be a citizen of India
Candidates between 18 to 23 years as of 01 August 2021 can apply for the post. Only candidates born between 02 August 1998 and later than 01 August 2003 can apply.
|SSC GD Category||Upper Age Relaxation in years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC 3 years||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen 3 years||3 years|
|Unreserved category – Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat
|OBC Category – Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat||8 years|
|SC/ST CATEGORY – Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat||10 years|
Educational Qualification for candidates as of 01 August 2021
Interested candidates should have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
The pay scale for the SSC General Duty constable post is under Level-3 and the salary will be Rs 21700-69100/-.
How to Apply Online for SSC GD Recruitment 2021
One Time Registration
- Click on Register Now link provided in login on the official website
- Enter the Basic details, Additional and contact details and mark the Declaration
Note: The Basic Details can be changed twice only. So, enter details carefully.
Fill the Online Application
- Click ‘Apply for the post of ‘Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination 2021’
- Upload scanned, prescribed dimension color passport size photograph and Signature
- Candidates now can Preview and verify the information entered.
- After that proceed to make the fee payment before final submission.
- After submit. candidate should take a printout of the application form for future records.
Application for all categories: Rs 100/-
Note: Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
Online fee Remittance through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through offline in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan
Last date and time for remitting Application Fees Dates
- Online fee payment: 02 September 2021 (23:30)
- Generation of offline Challan: 04 September 2021 (23:30)
- Challan (during working hours of Bank): 07 September 2021
|SSC Region||States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region|
|Central Region (CR)||Bihar and Uttar
|Eastern Region (ER)||Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim, and West Bengal|
|Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)||Lakshadweep, Karnataka, and Kerala|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)||Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|North Eastern Region (NER)||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura|
|Northern Region (NR)||Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand|
|North Western Sub-Region (NWR)||Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab|
|Southern Region (SR)/||Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana.|
|Western Region (WR)||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra|
The SSC GD Constable selection process involves the following stages:
- Compute-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Exam Pattern for the Tier I Compute-Based Examination
- Mode of Exam will be Objective Multiple-Choice type.
- The medium of computer-based examination will be English and Hindi only.
- Also, note that there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|2||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|For all other candidates||1.6 kms in 8 ½ minutes||5 kms in 24 minutes|
|For Ladakh Region candidates||800 meters in 4 minutes||1.6 km in 6 ½ minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Height||170 cms||157 cms|
|80 cms||5 cms|
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination to prove age, name, and educational qualification
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority
- Valid NCC Certificate
- Certificate from serving defense personnel
- Undertaking for Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement
- Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims
- Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee
Syllabus for CBT
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type.
Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding.
General Awareness & General Knowledge
Tests’ the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him.
Current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.
Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work.
English/ Hindi Language
To test the basic language abilities and also basic comprehension would be tested.
Cut off CBT
Those candidates scoring the below(without NCC bonus marks) will be recruited to PET/PST:
- EWS/ ESM/ UR – 35%
- SC/ ST/ OBC – 33%
SSC GD Admit Card
SSC GD Constable admits card is issued at least two to three weeks before the exam. The admit card is made available online. Candidates need to download the SSC GD Constable admit card 2020 from the official regional websites of the commission by entering the required login credentials. The admit cards for PET/PST and DME/RME are uploaded by CRPF.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Some of the important exam day guidelines that aspirants must keep in mind are:
- Candidates must bring their SSC GD Constable to admit card to the exam center.
- Candidates must carry photo-identity proof like a Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card. issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc. in the original.
- No Electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates must reach the exam center on time.
- Examinees reaching the exam center late are not allowed to appear in the exam.
Final SSC GD Result
The final SSC GD result along with allocation is released by Staff Selection Commission on its website. The final result released by the commission is based on the performance of candidates in exams like CBE, DME, RME PET, PST, which are only qualifying in nature.
Follow this page for the SSC GD Constable CBT exam date updates and to practice the latest mock test series for the Tier I SSC examination 2021.