The Central Armed Protection Force under the Home Ministry is created to defend the Internal National Security across India. The Staff Selection Commission through open recruitment hires eligible graduates to Grade C non-gazetted Sub-Inspector positions through the SSC CPO recruitment cycle. Through this recruitment, the commission selects both male and female candidates across five uniform services under the CAPF. With two stages of written test followed by physical endurance test and physical measurement test, the CAPF has a vigorous selection process. Let’s check the details of the SSC CAPF notification in detail.
SSC CAPF Notification 2021
Under the Indian Home Ministry, there are 05 Uniform Armed Forces, which are collectively called as Central Armed Protection Force or the CAPF. The 05 forces included in the Central Armed Police Forces are:
- Assam Rifles (AR)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- National Security Guard (NSG), and
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
The central recruitment agency, Staff Selection Commission conducts the recruitment towards the CAPF caders through SSC CPO or the Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization Recruitment. Along with the CAPF through this recruitment, the commission hires eligible candidates to the Delhi Police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) too.
The important dates for the SSC CAPF 2021 recruitment are:
|SSC CAPF Notification 2021 Date
|SSC CAPF 2021 Online Application Period||August 2021 to September 2021|
|Online application last date||September 2021|
|Last date for online fee payment||September 2021|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||September 2021|
|Stage:01 Objective CBT||November 2021|
|Stage: III Descriptive Exam||January 2022|
- Since the SSC CAPF notification is yet to be available, these dates are tentative only. We will update the table once the official notice is available on the SSC website.
SSC CAPF: Eligibility Criteria
- Education Qualification: Applicants should have completed a degree or Graduation in any Discipline or its equivalent from any UGC recognized university.
- Age Limit: The examinee’s age shall be between 20 years to 25 years as of January 01, 2021. Candidates shall be born between January 02, 1996, and January 01, 2001. The age limit relaxations according to the government norms are applicable. The upper age limit relaxation criteria are as follows:
|Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes||5 years|
|Other Backward Communities||3 years|
|Ex-servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date of the SSC CAPF 2021.|
|Any women who are divorced, widows, and judicially separated from their spouse and who are not re-married||Up to 35 years of age|
|Women candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes communities, and are divorced, widows, and judicially separated from their spouse and who are not re-married||Up to 40 years of age|
|Unreserved Departmental applicants who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|Departmental candidates belonging to OBC who have rendered not less than three years of continuous and regular service as on closing date||Up to 33 years of age|
|Departmental examinees belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes communities who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the last date||Up to 35 years of age|
|SL NO||Category of Candidates||Height
(in cm) Unexpanded
(in cm) Expanded
|1||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|02||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim.
|03||For all candidates belonging to
|04||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|05||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh,
Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,
Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim
|06||For all female candidates belonging to
Delhi Police SI: Medical Standards
- Eyesight: Candidates should have a minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The applicants minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any corrections.
- The applicants with knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes are ineligible.
- Examinees should possess high colour vision.
- All applicants must be in good bodily and mental health and free from any forms of physical defects.
- Any tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army is permitted. The tattoo that is less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body will get a pass.
SSC CAPF Selection Process
The SSC CAPF Sub Inspector 2021 recruitment’s selection process involves:
- Prelims Exam
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Descriptive Test
- Medical Examination, and
- Document Verification
The SSC CAPF Preliminary Exam pattern is:
|Paper||Subject/ Topic||Mode of Exam||Exam Duration||Maximum Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|01||General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability||Computer based-Objective type (CBT)||02 hours||50||50|
|II||General Knowledge and Current Awareness||50||50|
|IV||Reading Comprehension, and English language||50||50|
|Total Marks: 200 marks|
- Delhi Police SI Descriptive Paper
|Subject||Test Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English language and Comprehension||Objective||2 hours||200||200 Marks|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Since the PET will not carry any scores, it will be of a qualifying nature only. The CAPF Physical Endurance Test criteria for both male and female candidates are:
For male candidates only
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Shot put (7.25 Kg)- 4.5 meters in 3 chance
- Long Jump- 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 1.2 meters in 3 chances
For female candidates only
- 100-meter race in 18 seconds
- Long Jump- 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump- 0.9 meters in 3 chances
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
SSC CAPF Notification: Vacancy
Since the CAPF 2021 recruitment notification is yet to be available, the below-given vacancy details are based on the previous year recruitment.
SSC CAPF Online Application 2021
The Staff Selection Commission receives the online applications for the Central Armed Police Force’s Sub Inspector position through their official website only.
- To start your SSC CAPF 2021 SI application, aspirants must register themselves in the Staff Selection Commission One Time Registration. To register yourselves with the online application portal, click on the Register Now link given in Login Section on the commission’s website: Click Here.
- After successful completion of the One Time Registration, the commission will send the Registration Number and a Password to your given mobile number and Email ID.
- Now one can log in to the SSC Official website to start any application through this Registration Number and password combinations: Click Here
- Click on the “CAPF” menu, available under the Apply menu on the Home page. On the newly opened tab, one can find the “Sub-Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces and Delhi Police Examination, 2021” link. Click on the same to start your online application.
- Complete the unfilled details, and click on the declaration given, fill up the Captcha code, and click on the “I agree” checkbox.
- Preview the SSC CAPF 2021 application and verify the given details and submit the Application.
- While there are no application fees for Ur reserved Male and Female candidates, the Male candidates belonging to the OBC and General category should pay Rs. 100 towards the application fees.
- Aspirants can pay the application fee through Net Banking, BHIM UPI or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Download Entri, and study on the go. You can get instant access to hundreds of mock tests, video classes, live sessions, previous year question papers, current affairs updates, study materials, etc. Aspirants can now find mock tests, previous year question papers, discussion groups, live sessions, etc to boost your SSC CAPF preparations.