Table of Contents
Public Sector Undertakings or PSUs are the Government of India or State Government-owned organisations that run like private companies and share profits with the respective Governments. PSU Recruitment through GATE has been conducted every year to fill up various technical posts in these organisations based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
These PSUs will likely commence their recruitment through GATE 2020 soon after the registration for GATE 2020, commenced from September 3, 2019. Aspiring candidates will be required to check the vacancies listed by different PSUs through GATE. Moreover, As per their eligibility, candidates should apply for the respective jobs. Scores obtained by the candidates in GATE 2020 will be the basis of getting shortlisted for a vacancy in any PSUs.
Another important thing, candidates are required to keep in their mind is that though most of the PSUs offer direct recruitment based on GATE scores, for some companies, candidates may have to appear in additional tests, interviews or group discussions. Some of the well-known companies which are also expected to conduct PSU recruitment through GATE 2020 are ONGC, DRDO, and Power Grid among others.
GATE 2020 online registration process was done from September 3, 2019 to September 28. The exam was conducted on February 1, 2, 8, and 9.
Types of PSUs
PSUs in India are classified into three types based on various parameters such as Indian Stock Exchange, global presence, annual revenue and income generated.
- Maharatna PSUs (BHEL, GAIL, IOCL, SAIL and more)
- Navratna PSUs (BEL, Oil Indian Limited, Power Grid and more)
- Mini-ratna PSUs (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, PEC Limited, THDC India Limited and more)
Maharatna Companies Recruiting Through Gate
- 1.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
2. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3. Coal India Limited
4. GAIL (India) Limited
5. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
6. Indian Oil Corporation Limited
7. NTPC Limited
8. Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
9. Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
10. Steel Authority of India Limited
Navratna Companies Recruiting Through Gate
- Bharat Electronics Limited
2. Container Corporation of India Limited
3. Engineers India Limited
4. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
6. National Aluminium Company Limited
7. NBCC (India) Limited
8. NMDC Limited
9. NLC India Limited
10. Oil India Limited
11. Power Finance Corporation Limited
12. RashtriyaIspat Nigam Limited
13. Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
14. Shipping Corporation of India Limited
Miniratna Category – I Companies Recruiting Through Gate
- Airports Authority of India
2. Antrix Corporation Limited
3. BalmerLawrie& Co. Limited
4. Bharat Coking Coal Limited
5. Bharat Dynamics Limited
6. BEML Limited
7. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
8. Bridge & Roof Company (India) Limited
9. Central Warehousing Corporation
10. Central Coalfields Limited
11. Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Limited
12. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
Banking Companies Recruiting through Gate
1. Bank of Maharashtra PO.
6.J & K Bank
The exam conducting authority for GATE 2020 is the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Candidates must go through all the eligibility conditions prescribed by the authorities before applying for PSU recruitment through GATE. While qualifying GATE is one of the eligibility conditions, there are various other requirements such as age limit, pass percentage of CGPA obtained during graduation, and others specified by the PSUs for recruitment of candidates.
PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. While possessing a valid GATE score is a major criteria, various PSUs may specify certain requirements which need to be met by the candidates. Criteria such as age limit, pass percentage of CGPA obtained during graduation and more will also be checked by some PSUs.
Procedure to Apply for PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020
The application process for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020 will be available separately as per the dates which will be announced by the individual companies. The candidates will have to fill the required details with correct information and upload a scanned image of their photograph and signature. The application fee also has to be filled by the candidates, if required. Since most of the companies ask for GATE registration number, the candidates can upload it using the information present in the GATE 2020 admit card .
The following table mentions all of the PSUs offering recruitment on the basis of GATE scores. The dates and links to relevant articles will be made available as it is released by the companies. Candidates can check the tentative dates to know when the application is expected to start for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020.
Why is PSU Recruitment through GATE Popular?
PSU recruitment on the basis of GATE scores has been soaring in popularity among eligible candidates due to a variety of factors:
- Being a computer based test, GATE scores are often seen as unbiased in nature. Since it is seen as a reliable exam, the scores are used for recruitment process so that no one feels unfair.
- PSUs offer stable jobs with good pay. The secure job can be for a lifetime for the candidates. However at PSUs, more than ability, seniority is awarded.
- There are a lot of perks involved with PSU recruitment. The selected candidates are given health care facilities, house allowances and more. Additional perks (foreign trips, extended leaves and more) may depend on the supervisor so the candidates are advised to keep a positive equation with him/her.
- If the candidates enjoy a dynamic environment then PSUs might seem like not a really good idea since it is very slow in implementing new policies and innovative changes. However, this can also lead to the candidates starting off and persuading the companies for a change.
GATE Cutoff for PSUs
Candidates can check the previous years cutoff to know what are the GATE cutoff scores for PSUs to be secured for recruitment. Using the previous years cutoff, the candidates can set a target and accordingly prepare for the examination.