Table of Contents
Are you preparing for the GATE 2024 Exam? We are concerned about your future just as much. Thus, we aim to provide you with detailed information regarding the upcoming GATE 2024 Registration.
GATE 2024 Registration Dates announced. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2024 will be held in the first and second week of February 2024. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) will issue the official notification for GATE 2024 recruitment notice on 1st week of September 2023. The application process will commence from 1st week of September to 2nd week of October 2023. Read below to learn everything in detail about GATE 2024. Read below to learn more about GATE 2024.
GATE 2024 An Overview
The GATE 2024 exam will be led by various IIT’s such as IIT Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Delhi, Roorkee, Madras, Guwahati and Indian Institute of Science (IISC). GATE 2024 is an Computer Based Test (CBT) which is conducted for 29 Subjects. The Examination tests the comprehensive knowledge of various Undergraduate Subjects of Engineering, Science, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Read the below section to get more detailed information regarding GATE 2024.
|GATE 2024 Exam|
|Organization Name||To be Notified|
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Recruits For||PSUs and Masters Program|
|Online Application Starts||1st Week of September 2023|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Location||All Over India|
GATE 2024 Check Important Dates
The GATE 2024 Information Brochure will be released on the official website of IIT Kanpur on 1st week of September 2023. The candidates can go through the below-mentioned table to know more about the proposed dates.
|Events Regarding GATE 2024 Exam||Scheduled Dates For GATE 2024 Exam|
|GATE 2024 Official Notification Release Date||1st Week of September 2023|
|GATE 2024 Registration Starts (without late fees)||1st Week of September 2023|
|GATE 2024 Registration Ends (without late fees)||2nd Week of October 2023|
|GATE 2024 Registration Ends (With Late Fee)||2nd Week of October 2023|
|GATE 2024 Correction of Applied Forms||November/December 2023|
|GATE 2024 Admit Card Release Date||February/ January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam Dates||February 2024|
|GATE 2024 Response Sheet||February 2024|
|GATE 2024 Answer Key Release Date||February 2024|
|GATE 2024 Challenge Answer Key||February 2024|
|GATE 2024 Final Result Released Date||February 2024|
|GATE 2024 Score Card Availability||March 2024|
|GATE 2024 Counseling Date||1st week of May 2024|
Important Guidelines for GATE 2024
- The online application form should be submitted on or before 2nd Week of October 2023.
- The candidates can pay the exam fee before October 2023.
- The GATE exam will be conducted online. The tentative exam dates will be February 2024. Before the submission of the application form, the candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for exam 2024.
- If any candidates are not eligible for the exam, the application form will be immediately rejected. In this year, GATE has introduced two more new papers namely Geomatics Engineering, Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering. thus, the total number of GATE papers turned out to be 29.
- The candidates who wish to apply for more than one paper are asked to fill in only one application form. Those candidates are not supposed to fill in two application forms separately.
- If a single candidate is filling and submitting more than one application form, only the first application form will be selected. The rest of the applications will be immediately rejected. The application fees are non-refundable. For the candidates appearing for the posts like Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (S&T) and Senior Research Officer (Crypto) is conducted based on the GATE score instead of direct recruitment.
- For the papers like CE, CS, EC, EE and ME the exam will be conducted in multiple sessions. The candidates can choose and apply for the single session only.
- The scorecard of the exam should be saved for future reference after the declaration of the results.
- The candidates belonging to the EWS and General category should score 90% marks for the qualification. The candidates can also find the proposed gate exam eligibility criteria below.
GATE 2024 – Eligibility criteria
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or has already completed any government-approved degree programme in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts is eligible to appear GATE 2024.
GATE 2024 – Application Fee
|Gender/Category||Regular Period||Extended Period|
|Female/SC/ST/PwD||Rs 850/-||Rs 1350/-|
|Other Candidates||Rs 1700||Rs 2200|
Note: For two papers the amount fee is twice that of a single paper
GATE 2024 Exam Pattern – Check Here!
Understanding the syllabus and exam pattern is the first step in getting ready for the GATE 2024 exam. Having a clear idea about the exam pattern makes it easier to attend the exam. Now let’s check the GATE 2024 Exam Pattern.
- The GATE 2024 Exam will take up a total of 3 hours in total
- The GATE 2024 Exam will have 65 questions in total.
- There will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs), multiple-selection questions (MSQs), and questions with numerical answers (NATs). In the GATE 2024 Exam, each question will be worth 1 and 2 points, for a total of 100 points.
- For each wrong MCQ response, one-third (1/3) of the total marks will also be deducted.
- No negative marking for NAT and MSQ.
GATE 2024 Exam – Sum Up
- A candidate is allowed to appear for one or a maximum of two subjects only,
- It has to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers.
- The final allotment of two subjects will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
|Events Regarding GATE 2024||Details of GATE 2024|
|Name of the exam||GATE|
|Name of the conducting body||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)|
|Number of Papers||29|
|Total number of questions in each paper||65|
|Total Marks for each paper||100|
|Validity of GATE Scorecard||3 Years|