Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted under the supervision of the Tamil Nadu Recruitment Board and is one of the most-awaited and anticipated government examinations in the state. This examination is conducted every year by the commission for recruiting eligible candidates as teachers to various government institutions in the state. The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to obtain different cut-offs and have to follow the different syllabus for both stages. For making the preparation much more strategic and to get the complete information regarding the examination, it is important to know the details regarding TNTET Notification 2021. Here in this article interested candidates who are preparing for the examination can understand the TNTET Notification 2021.
TNTET 2021: Overview
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Name of Organization||Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) Tamil Nadu|
|Exam Level||State Level Examination|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Fees||General- Rs 500
SC/ST- Rs 250
TNTET exam is very much awaited now and it is rumored that the commission will be publishing the official notification very soon. As the commission published the TNTET Recruitment Notification 2021 the details regarding the examination will be updated here.
TNTET Exam Dates 2021
Here are the important dates that candidates have to take into consideration for the TNTET 2021.
|Date of Notification||To be announced later|
|Date of starting of online application||To be announced later|
|Last Date of Online Application||To be announced later|
|Date of publishing of admit card||To be announced later|
|TNTET 2021 Written Exam Paper-I||To be announced later|
|TNTET 2021 Written Exam Paper-II||To be announced later|
|Date of publishing of answer key||To be announced later|
|Date of the final result||To be announced later|
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2021
For the candidate to apply for the Tamil Nadu TET examination, they must possess certain qualifications. Candidates who do not possess the necessary qualifications can’t make the application for TNTET Examination 2021. The given below are the eligibility criteria that must be met by every candidate.
Candidates applying for the examination must be between the age of 18 years to 40 years.
- Higher Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), or
- Higher Secondary or its equivalent with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Higher Secondary or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), or
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), or
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), or
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Special Education)
TNTET Exam Pattern 2021
The Tamil Nadu TET examination is conducted under the supervision of the Tamil Nadu Recruitment Board and comprises various stages. Candidates who are appearing for the examination must have separate cut-offs for each stage of the examination. Here is the breakdown of the TNTET exam pattern.
TNTET Paper 1 Exam Pattern 2021
|Paper I||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Child Development and Pedagogy
(relevant to the age group of 6 – 11 years)
|Language I (Tamil/ Telugu/ Malayalam/ Kannada/ Urdu)||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
TNTET Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2021
|Paper-II||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Child Development and Pedagogy-relevant to the age group of 11-14 years (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language- Tamil/ Telugu/ Malayalam/ Kannada/ Urdu (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
|Mathematics or Science/ Social Science
/ Any one of the two mentioned above
How to Apply for TNTET 2021?
The official notification inviting applications from the candidates for the Tamil Nadu TET examination is not yet published. It’s anticipated that the commission will soon publish the official notification. Candidates can make the application for the TET examination once the commission publishes the official notification. The application will be in online method and given below are the steps that each candidate can follow so as to apply for Tamil Nadu TET examination 2021.
- Log in to the official website of TRB @trb.tn.nic.in
- Candidates who are applying for the examination should make the application for both the examination separately.
- On the official website, click on the link that says TNTET examination 2021.
- Fill out the application form by providing the necessary details that are asked in the tabs.
- Upload the scanned recent color passport size photograph and signature. The online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected by the commission.
- Double-check on the detail before paying the fees of the examination.
- For paying the fees, the candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway and make the payments online.
- After successfully paying the fees click on submit.
- After submitting the application, candidates can take the printout of the same and use it for future reference.
TNTET Application Fee
Candidates who are applying for the TNTET examination have to pay an application fee at the time of submitting the application. The application fees of the examination can be paid in online mode through the payment gateway. Here are the details regarding the application fees for various categories.
|SC, SCA, ST, and Person with Disability||Rs 250|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.