Table of Contents
As per the IGNOU Recruitment 2023 Notification, a total of 60 vacancies for Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor positions have been released by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Interested candidates can check their suitability with the details provided in the below sections.
Eligible candidates must fill out the IGNOU Teaching Online Application Form 2023 before 31st January 2023 or 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News. The hard copy of the printout of the application submitted online along with self-attested copies of necessary certificates, documents should reach the below-mentioned address through registered/ speed post on or before 10th February 2023.
IGNOU Recruitment 2023 Notification
|IGNOU Recruitment 2023 Notification|
|Organization Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Post Name||Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor|
|No.of Posts||60 Posts|
|Application Starting Date||31st December 2022|
|Application Closing Date||31st January 2023 or 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News|
|Offline Application Closing Date||10th February 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online, Offline|
|Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Selection Process||Shortlisting & Interview|
IGNOU Recruitment 2023 Official Notification PDF
The official notification of IGNOU Recruitment 2023 has been given below. Candidate can check the official notification, application process, selection process for IGNOU Recruitment 2023 here in PDF Format. IGNOU Recruitment 2023 official notification PDF can downloaded by clicking to below links.
IGNOU Teaching Vacancies 2023
|S.No||Name of the Post||Number of Posts|
IGNOU Recruitment 2023 – Educational Qualifications & Experience
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline, or
- Master’s Degree/ Graduate/ CA/ M.B.B.S./ M.D./ M.S/ Postgraduate degree candidates can also apply for IGNOU Jobs 2023.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR for Assistant Professor posts.
- A minimum of 3 – 14 years of teaching experience in University/ College in the respective positions is required to fill out the IGNOU Teaching Online Application Form 2023.
Educational Qualification for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
- Eligibility criteria should be as per UGC norms.
For more information about educational Qualification and Experience verify official notification given below
Age Limit for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
- No age limit for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
For more information about Age details verify official notification given below
Salary for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
1. Professor: Paid Rs.144200-Rs.218200 per month.
2. Associate Professor: Pay Rs.131400-Rs.217100 per month.
3. Assistant Professor: Pay Rs.57700-Rs.182400 per month.
For more information about Salary details verify official notification given below
Application Fee for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
|General/ OBC/ EWS candidates||Nil|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Nil|
Selection Process for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
- Final selection will be based on screening, shortlisting and interview.
For more information about selection process verify official notification given below
Important Dates for IGNOU Recruitment 2023
|Last date for Online application||31.01.2023|
IGNOU Assistant Professor Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
IGNOU Recruitment 2023 has released eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor Recruitment. The eligibility criteria for various post has been given below post-wise, and department-wise. The post-wise eligibility criteria have been given below for IGNOU Teaching Recruitment 2023:
For Assistant professor :
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject with at least 55% marks from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar tests accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- A relaxation of 5% at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions
For Associate Professor
- Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for all candidates to be appointed as
Associate Professor through direct recruitment.
- Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks
- Minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and / or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / Industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research papers in refereed journals only / policy papers.
- Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications in Refereed Journals.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University/College, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience guiding candidates for research at the doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology –mediated teaching-learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS).