Table of Contents
+International Happiness day recognizes that happiness is a fundamental human aspiration, and calls upon countries to approach public policies in ways that advance the comfort of every human being. It is celebrated on March 20 annually. In this article, we will discuss the International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme, History, Celebration. By choosing a special day for happiness, the UN aims to attract world attention to the idea that economic growth must be wide-ranging, equitable, and balanced, such that it promotes sustainable development, and reduces poverty. In addition, the UN acknowledges that in order to attain global happiness, economic development must co-occur with social and environmental well-being.
International Happiness Day 2023
The International Day of Happiness aims to celebrate and promote world happiness as a primary human goal. It identifies the importance of a more inclusive, equitable and balanced approach to economic growth, one that encourages sustainable development, poverty annihilation, well-being and happiness of all people.
International Happiness Day 2023 – Theme
Theme of International Day of Happiness 2023 is, Keep Calm, Stay Wise, Be Kind
Keep Calm – Keeping calm in every situation is key to happiness
Stay Wise – In tough situations, wise steps leads to success in life
Be Kind – Be kind to others in their needs, it will lead to happiness in your life
History of Happiness Day 2023
International Day of Happiness has a vast global history regarding its creation and founding. At the UN Conference on Happiness in 2012, the United Nations or UN officially announced the International Day of Happiness. The day was first celebrated on March 20, 2013, in an effort to emphasize the importance of global happiness and its impact on world development and peace. This day was introduced by Advisor Jayme Illien, CEO of the UN New Economic Paradigm Project and founder of “happytalism”. It directly integrates solving the climate crisis into it’s economic & political-philosophical and modular approach as well as into daily life.
The UN General Assembly agreed with this initiative and proclaimed this day as International Day of Happiness back in July of 2012. According to the UN, this day recognizes the importance of happiness as being an essential part of universal goals and aspirations when it comes to public policy. Happiness can bring an inclusive, balanced approach to economic growth and can promote sustainable development, reduce, and bring about well-being for humanity as a whole.
The decision to declare this day as a holiday was first brought about by Bhutan. Bhutan is a country that adopted the thought of Gross National Happiness over Gross National Product. Today, the holiday is celebrated and hosted by a variety of organizations, including Happinessday.org, Action for Happiness, and the United Nations. Through these websites, people share their stories about what makes them happy, how their happiness contributes to their impact on the global economy, etc.
International Happiness Day 2023 Celebration
The campaign theme for International Day of Happiness 2022 is ‘Keep Calm. Stay Wise. Be Kind’. To celebrate, UNIDOHappiness, the UN secretariat for the International Day Of Happiness, is inviting 7.8 billion people and all 206 nations to take the “Ten Steps to Global Happiness” challenge.
The 10 Steps are given below:
- Tell everyone.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Pledge to create more happiness in the world.
- Celebrate a happiness month event.
- Share your happiness with the world.
- Promote the resolutions.
- Host an event to spread happiness to your peers
- Advance global goals.
- Badge in on all your channels.
- Come back on Earth Day.
On a personal level, happiness can make any day better and can add great value to our life. However, what if happiness was applied on an international scale? International Day of Happiness looks forward to viewing happiness on a universal scale, encouraging everyone to spread happiness big and small and make radical changes to the way the nation views the world.
International Happiness Day 2023 Quotes
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.” — Goldie Hawn
- “If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.” — Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
- “A well-spent day brings happy sleep.” — Leonardo da Vinci
- “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” — Woody Allen
- “Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door.” — Brooke Shields
- “Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” — Valerie Bertinelli
International Happiness Day 2023 Quiz
1. If Oxytocin is known as the ‘cuddle hormone’ that releases when bonding with another person or animal, and serotonin is believed to control one’s overall mood, which chemical release in the brain is often referred to as the ‘happiness drug’ or the ‘feel good hormone’?
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.