Table of Contents
‘’Java is simple. But Java is also powerful and safe’’, if you are a movie lover this dialogue would be the first thing that would suddenly pop up in your mind when you hear the word ‘Java’. The famous comedy scene from the popular Malayalam movie ‘Premam’ might has made the ‘word’ Java look too simple, but like the professor in the film says, Java, a ‘programming language’ is powerful too. However knowing more about Java will certainly benefit you if you are planning to build your career in the IT industry. For beginners, learning Java could appear like a little tough process. But through constant practices one can master this programming language easily. However Entri is here to make the learning process easier and interesting.
Java Programming for Beginners 2023
What is Java?
According to Wikipedia, Java, a programming language developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems in 1991, is a “high-level, class- based, object-oriented programming language that is designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible”. In simple terms, Java, previously known as OAK, is used for building websites and desktop applications. Also Java is the language of choice for Android programming.
Click here to know more about Java.
Features of Java.
- Easy to use programming language; once the code is written it can be run on almost any computing platform.
- It is platform independent; programs developed in one machine can be executed in another machine
- Designed for building object oriented applications
- Java is a multithreaded language with automatic memory management
- It facilitates distributed computing as its network-centric.
Uses of Java.
- Java is used for developing Android Apps
- It create Enterprise Software
- It is used for Big Data Analytics
- Java is used for Sever- Side Technologies like Apache, JBoss, GlassFish, etc…
Devices which use Java.
- Smart Card
- Desktop Applications (ex: Acrobat Reader, Media Player, Antivirus etc…)
- Web Applications
- Enterprise Applications (ex: Banking Applications)
Types of Applications created using Java Programming:
- Standalone/Desktop/Window based Applications: are traditional software that are installed on every machine. AWT and Swings are used in Java for creating standalone applications. Ex: Media Player, Antivirus etc…
- Web Application: An application that runs on the server side and creates a dynamic page is called a Web Application. Currently Servlet, JSP, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JSF- technologies are used for creating web applications in Java.
- Enterprise Application: is distributed in nature. It has advantages like high-level security, load balancing and clustering. In Java EJB is used for creating enterprise applications. Ex: Banking Applications.
- Mobile Application: is created for mobile devices. Currently Android and Java ME are used for creating mobile applications.
Some best books to learn Java for beginners.
A book can change your future! Given below are the names of some books that is useful for beginners who are learning Java.
|Name of the Books||Name of the Authors|
|Java For Dummies 7th Edition||Barry Burd|
|Java For Absolute Beginners||Luliana Cosmina|
|Java: A Beginner’s Guide, 7th Edition||Herbert Schildt|
|Head First Java||Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates|
|Think Java: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist||Allen B. Downey & Chris Mayfield|
|Effective Java||Joshua Bloch|
|Core Java Volume 1- Fundamentals||Cay S. Hortsmann|
|Java in Easy Steps: Covers Java 9||Mike McGrath|
|Learn Java in One Day and Learn it Well||Jamie Chan|
|Java in a Nutshell||Ben Evans & David Flanagan|
|Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient||Cay S. Horstmann|
|Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days||Rogers Cadenhead|
Want to Learn Java? Download the Entri App and Start your learning Right Away!Entri wishes you all the very best!