Tamil Nadu PSC has released the TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam date postponement notice (17/2021) in regard to the pandemic. The Group 1 Mains Exam was scheduled to conduct from 28-30th of May 2021. The prelims exam was held on 3rd January and the result was published on 09th February. Candidates who have qualified in the prelim’s exam can apply for the mains exam. Those who qualify for the Mains Exam will be shortlisted for the Interview. Check TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Date 2021.
Along with the Combined Civil Service Examination –I (main written examination), the Combined Engineering Subordinate Services and Rashtriya Indian military college (Dehradun, January- 2022 term)-Entrance Exam has also postponed (to be held in June 2021).
Check the Group I Mains Exam Date postponement Notice
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2021
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Date: Mains Exam Date 2021
|Board||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Group 1|
|Date of Examination Prelims||03-01-2021|
|Prelims Exam Result||09-02-2021|
|Date of Mains Examination||Postponed till further notice
28, 29, and 30 May 2021
|Mains Exam Result||To be announced later|
Detailed Schedule for TNPSC Group 1 Exam
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern
|Subject||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies – Descriptive type (Degree standard)||250 marks for each paper||3 hours each|
|Interview & Record||100|
Minimum Qualifying Marks for TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs – 255
- Others – 350
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Syllabus
Group – I Services (Main Examination) (Degree Standard)
Paper – I – General studies
Unit- I: Modern History of India And Indian Culture
- The advent of European invasion ‐ Expansion and consolidation of British rule – Early uprising against British rule ‐ 1857 Revolt – Indian National Congress ‐ Growth of militant movements ‐ Different modes of agitations – Emergence of national leaders ‐ Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore, Netaji, Moulana Abdul Kalam Azad, Ambedkar, and Patel ‐ Era of different Acts & Pacts ‐ Second World War & final phase struggle ‐ Communalism led to partition.
- Effect of British rule on socio‐economic factors ‐ National renaissance – Socio-religious reform movements.
- India since independence ‐ Characteristics of Indian culture ‐ Unity in diversity ‐ Race, Language, Religion Custom ‐ India: a secular state ‐ Organizations for fine arts, dance, drama, and music.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle ‐ Bharathiar, VOC, Subramania Siva, Rajaji, Periyar, and others – Political parties and Welfare schemes.
- Latest diary of events: National and International ‐ National symbols- Eminent personalities & places in the news ‐ Sports & Games ‐ Books & Authors ‐ Awards & Honours ‐ Cultural panorama ‐ Latest historical events – Latest terminology ‐ Appointments ‐ who is who?
Unit- II: Social Issues In India And Tamil Nadu
- Population Explosion ‐ Unemployment issues in India & Tamil Nadu ‐ Child Abuse & Child Labour – Poverty – Rural and Urban Sanitation – Illiteracy.
- Women Empowerment ‐ Role of the Government in Women Empowerment – Social injustice to Women ‐ Domestic violence, Dowry menace, Sexual assault – Role of women and women’s organizations’ Social changes in India – Urbanization and its impact on the society – Problems and remedies ‐ Impact of violence on Society – Religious violence, Terrorism, and Communal violence ‐ Regional Disparities ‐ Problems of Minorities ‐ Human Rights issues.
- Education – Linkage between Education and Social Development ‐ Community Development Programmes ‐ Employment Guarantee Schemes ‐ Self Employment and Entrepreneurship Development ‐ Role of N.G. Os in Social Welfare – Government Policy on Health.
- Welfare Schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Central and State governments and their performance.
- Current Affairs
Unit-III: General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
- Conversion of information to data ‐ collection, compilation, and presentation of data ‐ Tables, Graphs, Diagrams ‐ Parametric representation of data ‐ Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Percentage ‐ Highest Common Factor (HCF) ‐ Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) ‐ Ratio and Proportion ‐ Simple interest ‐ Compound interest ‐ Area ‐ Volume‐ Time and Work – Probability.
- Information technology ‐ Basic terms, Communications ‐ Application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) ‐ Decision making and problem-solving ‐ Basics in Computers / Computer terminology.
Paper-II – General studies
Unit – I: Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends Across the World Affecting India
- Constitution of India: Historical background – Making of the Indian Constitution – Preamble – Salient features of the Indian Constitution – Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties – Directive Principles of State Policy – Schedules to the Indian Constitution. Union Executive: President, Vice – President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Attorney General of India.
- Central Legislature: Parliament: Lok – Sabha and Rajya – Sabha – Composition, Powers, Functions and Legislative procedures.
- Union Judiciary: Structure, Powers and Functions of the Supreme Court – Judicial Review – Latest Verdicts.
- State Executive: Governor, Chief Minister – Speaker and Council of Ministers, Advocate General of the State. Legislative Assembly – Organization, Powers, and Functions.
- State Judiciary: Organization, Powers and Functions of High Courts, District Courts and Subordinate Courts.
- Local Government: Historical Development – Features and working of and 74th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1992. Union Territories: Evolution of States and Union Territories – Administration of Union Territories.
- Federalism in India: center-state Relations – center-state Administrative Relations – Centre – State Legislative Relations and center-state Financial Relations.
- Civil Services in India: Historical background – Classification of Civil Services – Recruitment & Training of Civil Servants.
- State Services: Classification of State Services and Recruitment. Official Language: Constitutional provision – Official Language Act, VIII Schedule to the Constitution. Amendments: Major Amendments to the Indian Constitution.
- Special Status to Jammu & Kashmir: Art 370. Political Parties: National & Regional parties, Pressure Groups, Interest Groups, Public Opinion, Mass Media, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and their role. Issue Areas in Indian Administration: Corruption in India – Anti – Corruption Measures – CVC – Lok Adalats – Ombudsman – RTI Act – Minister – Secretary Relationship – Generalist Vs. Specialist controversy.
- Constitutional and Non-Constitutional Bodies – Composition, Powers, and Functions.
- Profile of States – Defence, National Security, and Terrorism – World
- Organizations – Pacts and Summits. India’s Foreign Policy: Foreign Affairs with Special emphasis on India’s relations with neighboring countries and in the region – Security and defense-related issues – Nuclear Policy – Issues and conflicts. The Indian Diaspora and its contribution to India and to the World. Current Affairs
Unit – II: Role and Impact Of Science And Technology In The Development Of India
- Science and Technology – Role, Achievements, and Developments – Their applications and effects in everyday life ‐ Energy ‐ Conventional and Non-conventional – Self-sufficiency ‐ Oil exploration ‐ Defence Research Organizations and other science and technology institutions – Ocean Research and Development – Role and Functions.
- Advancements in the fields of I.T., Space, Computers, Robotics, Nano-Technology ‐ Mobile Communication – Remote sensing and its benefits.
- Health and hygiene ‐ Human diseases – Prevention and remedies ‐ Communicable diseases and non‐communicable diseases – Genetic Engineering – Organ transplantation – Stem cell Technology – Medical Tourism – Advancements in Horticulture & Agriculture. Achievements of Indians in the fields of Science and Technology.
- Latest inventions in science & technology.
Practice the latest mock tests.
Unit – III: Tamil Society – Its Culture and Heritage
Candidates may answer the questions in this unit EITHER in Tamil OR in English.
1) Tamil Society: Origin and expansion.
2) Art and Culture: Literature, Music, Film, Drama, Architecture, Sculpture, Paintings, and Folk Arts.
3) Socio-economic history of Tamil Nadu from the Sangam age to date.
4) Growth of Rationalist, Dravidian movements in Tamil Nadu – Their role in the socio–economic development of Tamil Nadu.
5) Social and cultural life of contemporary Tamils: Caste, Religion, Women, Politics, Education, Economy, Trade and relationship with other countries. 6) Tamil and other Disciplines: Mass Media, computers, etc.
Paper – III ‐ General studies
Unit-I: Geography of India With Special Reference to Tamil Nadu
- Location – Physical features – Major Rivers – Weather & Climate – Monsoon, Rainfall ‐ Natural resources: – Soil, Water, Forest, Minerals and Wildlife – Agricultural pattern – Livestock – Fisheries – Industries; Major industries – Growth and Development – Social- Cultural geography – Population: Growth, Density, and Distribution – Racial, linguistic and major tribes.
- Oceanography – Bottom relief features of the Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea, and the Bay of Bengal. Basics of Geospatial Technology: Geographical Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS).
- Map: Geographical landmarks – India and its neighbors.
- Current Affairs
Unit II: Environment, Biodiversity and Disaster Management
- Ecology: Structure and function of Ecosystem – Ecological succession – Biodiversity conservation: Types – Biodiversity Hot Spots in India – Biodiversity: Significance and Threats – In situ and Ex-situ conservation measures – Roles of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) & Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- Environmental Pollution and Management: Air, Water, Soil, Thermal, and Noise pollution and control strategies – Solid and Hazardous waste management – Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA): Steps in EIA process – Environmental Clearance – Environmental Auditing.
- Climate Change: Global Environmental Issues and Management – Changes in monsoon pattern in Tamil Nadu and India – Environmental consequences of climate change and mitigation measures – Clean and Green Energy – Environmental Sustainability. Environmental Laws, Policies & Treaties in India and Global scenario – Natural calamities and Disaster Management – Environmental Health and Sanitation.
- Current Affairs
Unit III: Indian Economy – Current Economic Trends and Impact of Global Economy on India
- Features of Indian Economy – Demographical profile of India – National Income – Capital formation – NEP (New Economic Policy) – NITI AYOG – National Development Council. Agriculture – Role of Agriculture – Land reforms – New Agricultural Strategy – Green Revolution – Price Policy, Public Distribution System (PDS), Subsidy, Food Security– Agricultural Marketing, Crop Insurance, Labour – Rural credit & indebtedness – WTO & Agriculture. Industry – Growth ‐ Policy – Role of public sector and disinvestment – Privatization and Liberalization – Public-Private Partnership (PPP) – SEZs. – MSMEs. – Make in India.
- Infrastructure in India – Transport System – Energy – Power – Communication – Social Infrastructure – Science & Technology – R&D.
- Banking & Finance – Banking, Money & Finance – Central Bank – Commercial Bank – NBFIs. – Stock Market – Financial Reforms – Financial Stability – Monetary Policy – RBI & Autonomy.
- Public Finance – Sources of Revenue – Tax & Non-Tax Revenue – Canons of taxation – GST – Public expenditure – Public debt – Finance Commission – Fiscal Policy.
- Issues in Indian Economy – Poverty & inequality – Poverty alleviation programs – MGNREGA – New Welfare programs for rural poverty – Unemployment – Inflation – Inflation targeting – Sustainable economic growth – Gender issues.
- India’s Foreign Trade – BOP, EX-IM Policy, FOREX Market, FDI; Globalization & its impact – Global economic crisis & impact on the Indian economy.
- International Agencies – IMF (International Monetary Fund) World Bank – BRICS – SAARC – ASEAN. Tamil Nadu Economy & Issues – Gross State Domestic Product – Trends in State’s economic growth – Demographic profile of Tamil Nadu – Agriculture – Industry & entrepreneurship development in Tamil Nadu – Infrastructure – Power, Transportation systems – Social Infrastructure – SHGs. & Rural Women empowerment – Rural poverty & unemployment – Environmental issues – Regional economic disparities – Local Government – Recent government welfare programs.
- Current Affairs
So, all these regarding TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Date. Subscribe to Entri for TNPSC GROUP 1 exam courses. Practice and learn daily and monthly current affairs, GK updates, Daily rank-booster, and subject-based mock tests. Attempt the latest mock tests to ace your preparations. Visit the Entri app page for all the latest updates regarding Tamil Nadu PSC Notification updates 2021.
Discussion about this post