Table of Contents
Java is one of the most popular and widely used coding languages nowadays. There are many applications and websites that are functioning on the block of the Java programming language. Java programing language has an abstract type called Interface and we will about the Interface in Java programming language in detail in the given below article.
What is Java Programming Language?
Java is one of the most widely used programming languages across the globe. There are many websites and web applications that are built using the Java programming language. This programming language was developed in the year 1995 and is now owned by the software giant Oracle. It is estimated that there are over 3 billion devices across the world that uses the Java programming language in it. The given below are some of the main uses of the Java programming language in the modern era of technological advancement.
- Mobile applications (especially Android apps)
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Web servers and application servers
- Database connection
The given below are some of the reasons why the Java programming language is widely used across the world.
- Java works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.)
- It is one of the most popular programming languages in the world
- It is easy to learn and simple to use
- It is open-source and free
- It is secure, fast, and powerful
- It has huge community support (tens of millions of developers)
- Java is an object-oriented language that gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs
- As Java is close to C++ and C#, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to Java or vice versa
What are Interfaces in Java?
Java is one of the most loved and widely used programming languages across the globe. This Abstract in Java programming language can be said as the abstract type used to specify the behavior of a class. An interface in Java is a blueprint of a class. A Java interface contains static constants and abstract methods.
The interface in java is a mechanism to achieve abstraction. There can be only abstract methods in the Java interface, not the method body. It is used to achieve abstraction and multiple inheritance in Java. In other words, you can say that interfaces can have abstract methods and variables. It cannot have a method body. Java Interface also represents the IS-A relationship.
Like a class, an interface can have methods and variables, but the methods declared in an interface are by default abstract (only method signature, nobody).
- Interfaces specify what a class must do and not how. It is the blueprint of the class.
- An Interface is about capabilities like a Player may be an interface and any class implementing Player must be able to (or must implement) move(). So it specifies a set of methods that the class has to implement.
- If a class implements an interface and does not provide method bodies for all functions specified in the interface, then the class must be declared abstract.
- A Java library example is Comparator Interface. If a class implements this interface, then it can be used to sort a collection.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.