Table of Contents
National Pet Day celebrated on April 11th helps us commit the day to those pets who don’t always receive the fellowship and attention they deserve. While loving our pets is something we do every day, the occasion promote helping out orphaned pets. Not only will it enhance our moods, it will also improve their health and enhance their opportunities for adoption. Sometimes their human companions aren’t healthy. Making sure their furry companions are receiving the best of care will help your relieve worry and stress.
Everyone loves pets. They’re some of the most amazing friends’ anyone can have and they make living each day just a little bit better.However, for the animals who don’t have homes, many people don’t realize the benefits they acquire of adopting a pet. Even those animals who are old or weak can turn into some of the best gifts in life.National Pet Day honors and celebrate the joy that pets bring into peoples lives and inspire people to help decrease the number of animals in shelters. Bringing humans and animals together assist in making the world a better place.
The History of National Pet Day
National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by an Animal Welfare Advocate and Pet Lifestyle Expert named Colleen Paige to honor pets and the joy they bring into our homes. Nobody really knows precisely which animal the very first pet was. But, one animal, the wolf, lived with early human beings for hundreds of years. 12,000 years ago, cats and dogs were buried in their human owners graves. It seems that even early humans had shown a deep affection to their furry friends.
In the 1600s , the European royalty began owning toy dog breeds. And in modern day Spain, pet bird markets were popular among the mass in southern cities such as Seville well into the 1960s.
Now, groups such as the American Kennel Club have enhanced our love for our pets. With celebrations similar to the annual Westminster Dog Show, We, human beings has grown our affection for our non-human companions. Pets are attached emotionally to our own species, and National Love Your Pet Day gives us a reason to honor and love them even more.
The Most Popular Pets
Given below is the popularity of every pet:
1. Horse (0.7%)
2. Tarantula (1%) .
3. Lizard (e.g. iguana, chameleon, gecko, etc.) (1%)
4. Guinea pig (1%)
5. Hamster/gerbil/mouse (2%)
6. Snake (2%)
7. Bird (e.g. parakeet, cockatiel, parrot, etc.) (5%)
8. Fish (9%)
9. Cat (30%)
10. Dog (45%)
Animal and Pet Facts
Given below are some amazing facts about animals and pets.
- The single rarest animal in the world is the vaquita which is a type of marine animal.
- The most expensive legal pet is the Thoroughbred Horse that costs $16,000,000.
- The most liked pets are dogs and cats.
- The largest dog in the world in 2021 was an English Mastiff.
- Turritopsis dohrnii, also known as the immortal jellyfish is actually immortal.
- The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
- Leeches have 32 brains.
- Mosquitoes kills 1,000,000 humans per year.
- Even dogs have depression.
- An ostrich’s kicks are so powerful that they can kill a lion.
How is National Pet Day celebrated?
Most of us have pets may it be a cat, dog, fish or even a tiger or a horse. To celebrate, just take some time out of your day, or some money out of your pouch, and do or buy something pleasant either for your own pets or for some of the animals which are in shelters and rescues . Some of the things which you can do:
- Buy your pet a new toy or treat.
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter.
- Volunteer at a local shelter.
- Host an amazing National Pet Day party for your pets.
- Give money or Buy some toys, food or blankets for an animal welfare organization.
- Help someone purchase pet food or other items for their pets.
- Take photos of your pet and share them through social media using the hashtag #NationalPetDay.
- Help deal against puppy and kitten mills.
National Pet Days Around The World
Every country celebrates Pet day just on different days. Given below are the dates some countries celebrate pet day on.
|February 22||Cat Day||Japan||Japan celebrates its feline friends.|
|March 13||National Elephant Day||Thailand||The native elephants of this region are celebrated on this day.|
|January 17||Zirgu Diena||Latvia||Latvia celebrates Horses on this day.|
|February 2||Hedgehog Day||Italy||Similar to Groundhog Day, Italy has its own Hedgehog Day.|
|February 11||Day of help to forest animals||Poland||The importance of forest animals and the impact of the changing environment is observed on this day.|
Top 5 Interesting Facts About Pets and Their Owners
Given below are some facts about pets and their owners.
- 4%of Americans says they probably post too many photos of their pet on social media.
- 9%of Americans let their pet eat table scraps
- 10%of Americans consider their pet to be their best friend.
- 10%of Americans talk to their pet in a special voice.
- 12%of Americans let their pet sleep in bed with them
National Pet Day Dates
The dates when the National Pets Day will be celebrated for the next 4 years are listed below.
National Pet Day 2022 Quiz
1. Who founded the National Pet Day?
a) American Kennel Club
b) Colleen Paige
c) Dr. James C. Furman
d) Richard Furman
2. When was the National Pet Day founded?
3. When is the National Pet Day celebrated?
a) December 25
b) March 24
c) April 11
d) June 20
4. Which animal is the most popular pet?
5. The most expensive legal pet is ___________ .
a) The Thoroughbred Horse
c) White Tiger
Our R&D team provides the best material and books for the complete preparation of all government exams. We provide PDFs of the previous year’s question papers with solutions and detailed analysis. All you need to do is download the Entri app and start practicing.