Table of Contents
The Assistant Commercial Tax Officer posts are Executive posts under State governments. The selection of candidates for these posts is also done by the State Government. Usually, the Public Service Commission conducts written tests and interviews for choosing the apt candidate. So, the Roles and Responsibilities of Assistant Commercial Tax Officer are detailed in this article.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission had published the notification on 31/12/2018. Whereas, the Telangana PSC called for the same two years back. So, the aspirants can start their preparations expecting the notification soon.
Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
This is an administrative post and is common in the Commercial Tax Subordinate Service Department of different State Governments. ACTO is the first-level field officer. Also, ACTO is the procurator for tax reforms bridging between the tax department and the trade community.
It varies according to state governments. In most cases 18-42 years(44 years). The candidates eligible under reserved categories will get relaxation in the upper age limit according to the underlaid government rules.
Candidate should possess a B.A or B.Sc Degree granted by any University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, Provincial Act or State Act or Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission or any other equivalent qualifications. In some State PSCs, any graduate degree is only required.
Knowledge of the official regional language of the state/region is an additional requirement.
Payscale is between Rs. 28,940/- – Rs.78,910/-.
Selection will be based on the academic records of the candidate. Mostly an objective preliminary written exam is conducted by the State Public Civil Exams Commission. Then a conventional mains exam, followed by personal interview. Direct recruitment is also done in some cases.
Roles and Responsibilities of Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- They should periodically inspect the wards at least once a fortnight and point out the environmental deficiencies which come to their notice.
- Monitors the periodical filing of return( monthly, quarterly, annually, final) by dealers and collection of tax, the maintenance of various registers and records related to dealers, and for the approval and issue of statutory forms.
- ACTO maintains individual files for the wards, wherein, inspection report and the action taken report on subsequent visits are to be retained.
- A similar file of inspections is retained by each CTOs. Whenever CCT and Addl. CCT visits, the records of previous inspection and compliance can be checked.
- They ensure that the records are properly stacked so that the files do not get misplaced on various occasions and are returned to the record room as soon as requisite verifications are completed.
- It is also expected that the ACs shall regularly monitor the enforcement and provide necessary guidance and clarification to the inspection teams whenever asked for.
- To accompany the inspection teams in order to see that the inspections are done in a responsible and organized manner.
- They are responsible for the compilation of monthly demand, collection and balance statement
- Ensure submission of monthly reports and enforcement reports to the Head Office as per the laid down procedure.
- At present, the task relating to the preparation of the VAT Audit list and follow up action is to be done on priority.
- Should cross-check from the respective wards that the disposal of Audit paras is done promptly.
- The recovery is another important aspect of the functioning of wards. If it is not done in time and the recovery certificate is not regularly issued, recoveries would remain unattended. Due attention must be given to this activity.
- To hold periodical meetings of the concerned ward officers for monitoring performance on these points.
How Entri will help you?
Entri App is one of the best platforms to ensure your success in government competitive exams. You can avail the subject-wise quick notes, mock tests, current affairs accordingly with related State Government PSCs’. Practice mock tests and check the scorecard and evaluate your study strategy. Entri comes up with the latest notification updates of most State and Central Government Exams. A single platform for multiple exam preparation. you can easily download and also subscribe to YouTube channel for video classes.