BPSC Sub Divisional Officer Job Profile: Career Growth Allowances, and Promotions
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) conducts exams for various officer level posts every year. It is one of the most prestigious examination. Domicile of Bihar is an added advantage for this exam. People seeking to work in the administrative departments appear for this exam. BPSC Sub Divisional Officer post comes with great responsibility, added status in the society and handsome salary. In this blog we will check the Job Profile of Sub Divisional Officer along wth Career Growth, Perks and Allowances.
Here are the concise steps on how to fill up the BPSC form and move forward;
- The Official website contains all the latest recruitment notification and job openings related to BPSC jobs.
- Candidates who are eligible as per the rules of the recruitment should apply for the posts.
- The candidates have to go through a three-step process: screening test, main exam and interview to qualify for the vacancies.
- The Commission will hold the 3 step process and prepare the final merit list in which the candidates are allotted the posts as per their performance in the exam.
- Salary structure follows the 7th pay commission.
- A BPSC Sub Divisional Officer is responsible for managing the administrative staff in his area.
- Candidate working as a Sub Divisional Officer can be called to attend meetings anytime as there is no defined work timings.
- He/she has to make crucial decisions depending upon how critical is the case, hence his call is the final call in any matter of importance.
- A Sub Divisional Officer can be posted in rural or remote areas, depending upon which he will have to take the necessary actions and maintain law and justice in the area.
- SDM Officers are also responsible for operating preventive sections of Code of Criminal Conduct.
- A candidate appointed as Sub Divisional Officer is empowered to conduct enquiries into custodial deaths including deaths in Police Lock-Up, Jails, Women Homes, etc.
- If required they also conduct enquiries on cases of unnatural death of women within 7 years of marriage.
- This department constitutes of Officers who are expected to be eyes and ears of Government and conduct enquiries on major cases such as major fire breakouts, riots, natural disasters, etc.
The sub-divisional officer is being chosen by the candidates who top the BPSC exam. One major reason behind are the perks and Salary, let’s look at the revised salary of Sub-Divisional Officer after 7th Pay commission.
Before the 7th pay commission, the pay scale was 9,300-34,800 with Grade Pay 5,400. After the 7th Pay Commission, the basic pay is Rs53,000.
|Post Nature||Class-II / Gazetted|
|6th CPC Pay Scale||9,300 – 34,800|
|Position as per Revised Pay Matrix||L-9|
|7th CPC Basic Pay (1st January 2019)||53,100|
|HRA||3,186 / 4,248 / 8,496|
|City Transport Allowance||1,000 – 3,000|
|Total Salary Per Month||Rs. 61,472 – 71,968|
If you are going to compare the Bihar State SDO (Sub-divisional Officer) the gross payment amount is lower than the other provinces in India. The other states offer Rs 56,100/- entry pay for the SDM, Deputy Collector, and DSP equivalent rank officers whereas the Bihar state offering only Rs 53,100/- per month.
Perks and Allowances
- Dearness allowance.
- House rent allowance.
- Travel Allowance.
- Medical facilities including spouse and children.
- If you are posted to a risky area then you will be given a Risky Area Allowance.
To choose the correct exam you need to understand the level of promotions. We have given below the list of promotion a Sub- Divisional Officer undergoes in ascending order;
- Sub-Divisional Officer(SDO or SDM)
- Additional Collector
- Deputy Development Commissioner(DDC)
- Under Secretary
- Deputy Secretary
- Joint Secretary
- Additional Secretary
- Special Secretary
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.