Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). This year the commission has invited applications for years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. The Group 4 posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. The TNPSC Group 4 2019 selection is through a single-stage written examination. TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector, Village Administrative Officer etc are selecting through the same recruitment test.
TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector
Through Group-04 Combined Civil Service Examinations TNPSC will recruit Junior Assistants- both Security and Non-Security positions and Bill Collector Grade01 positions. These positions will be under either Tamil Nadu Judicial Services or the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Services. Junior Assistants’ are supposed to work under the secretaries and the Judges. The Junior Assistants’ main duty is to assist the day to day clerical works. The Junior Assistants can also attend the department tests after 06 years of service for further promotions. Candidates to be selected for appointment as Junior Assistant (Security) and Collector Grade-I in Town Panchayat/ Agriculture/ Treasuries and Accounts should pay the security amount as may be prescribed by the appointing authority concerned at the time of appointment. The educational and age eligibility for these positions are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed the S.S.L.C public examination(Matric Level) or its equivalent with eligibility for admission higher studies.
- Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature.
|01||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribes and Destitute Widows of all castes||18 years||35 years|
|02||Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and Backward Classes (Muslims)||18 years||32 years|
|03||Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs||
|04||For the persons who are trained in the Survey in ITI in Tamil Nadu, in respect of posts of Field Surveyor and Draftsman only||35 years|
- Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable.
- No maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes who possess the Educational Qualification which is higher than the Minimum General Educational Qualification.
Junior Assistant and Bill Collector 2019 Important Dates
For the 2019 recruitment the number of Vacancies for :
- Junior Assistant Security: 104 positions
- Junior Assistant Non-Security: 2688 positions
- Bill Collector Grade 01- 34
Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Selection Process includes single stage written examination followed by the document verification. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
|Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
|Single Paper(S.S.L.C Standard) General Studies(75 nos) + Aptitude and Mental Ability Test(25 nos) + General Tamil/ General English(100 nos) = 200 Questions||
Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Syllabus
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Latest events
- National symbols
- Profile of States- Eminent persons & places in the news
- Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
- Problems in conduct of public elections,
- Political parties and political system in India,
- Public awareness & General administration,
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-Water resources – rivers in India
- Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife
- Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
- Geographical landmarks, Current socio-economic problems, Latest inventions on science & technology
History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule- VIII
- Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms.
The candidates can find the detailed syllabus for the examination: TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Syllabus.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data
- Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work.
- Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
- Phrases & Meanings
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Prefix, Suffix
- Articles & Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Question tags, Tenses, Voice
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle, Homophones
- Sentence correction
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems. ( Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116 )
- Biography of MahatmaGandhi, Nehru, Bose, Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala, Dr.Salim Ali, Rani of Jhansi, Mandela, Lincoln
- Shakespeare’s Writings – Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116 )
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s (The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant )
- Dr.Karl Paulnack ( Music – The Hope Raiser ) etc
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Syllabus
Click here to download free pdf of Junior Assistant and Bill Collector previous year question papers.
- TNPSC Group 04 2016: TNPSC Group 04 2016
- TNPSC Group 04 2014: TNPSC 2014
- TNPSC Group 04 2013: TNPSC 2013
- TNPSC Group 04 2011: TNPSC Group 04 2011
TNPSC Junior Assistant and Bill Collector Salary and Promotions
For TNPSC Group-04 Salary is in the pay band of Rs. 19500 – Rs. 62000/. The in-hand salary of Junior Assistant and Bill Collector in TNPSC service is in between Rs.18,000/ and Rs.19,000/, depending upon the posting area. Selected candidates will get different allowances like House Rent Allowance(HRA), Dearness Allowance(DA), etc.
- Dearness Allowance(DA) – 5% of Basic pay (Revised in every 6 months)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Depends on the city you work
- City Allowance – Depends on the city you work ( For Chennai it is Rs.360/)
The deductions from the gross salary are:
- Contributory pension Scheme – 10% of your (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)
- Family Benefit fund – Rs.60
- New Health Insurance Scheme – Rs.180
The Junior Assistants’ are recruited either for the Judicial department or towards the Ministerial Service. They are supposed to work under the secretaries and the Judges. The Junior Assistants’ main duty is to assist the day to day clerical works. The Junior Assistants can also attend the department tests after 06 years of service. After the required 06 years of uninterrupted service, they will get promotion as the Assistants.
TNPSC Application Procedure
Those who are interested to apply towards the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) jobs need to follow the below steps.
- Open the TNPSC official website – TNPSC Online Portal
- On your right-hand side, you can find the ‘Student’s Corner‘. Under the ‘Student’s Corner,’ you can find the ‘One Time Registration‘.
- Click on the ‘One Time Registration‘. TNPSC Application Portal tab will open before you.
- On the TNPSC Application Portal window, you can find the One Time Registration option. Click on the New User.
- When you click on the New User, a new window will pop up asking you to create a Login ID
- Once you created the Login Id, another tab will get open asking for your details.
- Make sure you have a valid email id and mobile number. A digital copy of your photograph and signature is also required. Make sure to enter the correct details about your SSLC examination certificate. If you have more than one SSLC certificate, enter the details about the latest one.
- If candidates have any doubts regarding the registration, you can email the helpdesk, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- At the end of the registration, process candidates need to pay Rs. 150/ against the registration.
- You can either pay the fees through the debit card and net banking or through the challan. If you are opting for the challan( State Bank of India or Post Office) you need to wait for 2-days before paying the fees.
- Registration is valid for 5 years.
For more details about the One Time Registration(OTR), interested candidates can visit here How to Apply towards TNPSC Posts?
- Once you have completed the One Time Registration, you can start applying for the posts.
- Other than the registration fees paid for One Time Registration, candidates need to pay the application fee for each and every application separately.
- The application fees will be specified in the notification.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.