Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) recruits the Food Safety Officers towards the state service through a common recruitment test. The new recruited TSPSC FSO will get their postings either in the Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM) or in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC). We are bringing you the TSPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus and exam pattern according to the latest notifications.
Attempt previous year question papers to ace your TSPSC 2020 preparation
TSPSC FSO Exam Pattern
|Written Examination (Objective Type)||Number of Questions||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks||Exam Language|
|General Studies and General Abilities||150||2 hours 30 minutes||150||English and Telugu|
|Concerned Subject (Degree Level) Common for all||150||2 hours 30 minutes||150||English|
Attempt free mock test to ace your TSPSC 2020 preparation
TSPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus
TSPSC FSO: General Studies and General Abilities
- Current Affairs – Regional, National and International
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- The economy of India and Telangana
- Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
- Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
- Policies of Telangana State
- History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement
- History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, and Data Interpretation
- Basic English Language
Attempt free Current Affairs test
Paper-2: Concerned Subject (Common for All)
TSPSC FSO: Food Chemistry
- Carbohydrates -Structure and functional properties of mono, di and lipopolysaccharides including starch, cellulose, pectic substances, and dietary fibre;
- Proteins – Classification and structure of proteins in food.
- Lipids-Classification and structure of lipids,
- Rancidity of fats, Polymerization, and polymorphism;
- Pigments-Carotenoids, chlorophylls, anthocyanins, tannins, and myoglobin;
- Food flavours-Terpenes, esters, ketones, and quinones;
- Enzymes-Enzymatic and non-enzymatic browning in different foods.
Food Microbiology, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Characteristics of microorganisms-Morphology, structure, and detection of bacteria, yeast, and mold in food, Spores, and vegetative cells;
- Microbial growth in food- Intrinsic and extrinsic factors, Growth and death kinetics, serial dilution method for quantification;
- Food spoilage- Contributing factors, Spoilage bacteria, Microbial spoilage of milk and milk products, meat and meat products;
- Foodborne disease- Toxins produced by staphylococcus, Clostridium and Aspergillus;
- Bacterial pathogens- Salmonella, Bacillus, Listeria, Pseudomonas, Candida, Escherichia coli, Shigella, Campylobacter;
- Food Hazards of natural origin – seafood toxins, biogenic amines, alkaloids, phenolic compounds, protease inhibitors, and phytates.
- Types of hazards, biological, chemical, physical hazards, the importance of safe foods.
- Principles and methods of food preservation.
- Hygiene and sanitation in the food sector – pest control measures, Garbage and Sewage disposal, Water – Sources, purification, Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Hygienic Practices (GHP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Attempt free mock tests PSC 2020 preparations
Food Processing technology
- Food processing- structure, composition, nutritional significance and types of processing methods for various categories of foods: Cereals (Rice-milling, parboiling, Barley- Pearling, malting, brewing, Corn- wet and dry milling, Wheat-milling, pulses (milling, germination, cooking, roasting, frying, canning, and fermentation), and oilseeds (extraction and refining), Fruits and vegetables (canning, drying, and dehydration, concentration, freezing, IQF, thawing, and fermentation);
- Plantation crops (primary and secondary processing of Tea, Coffee, and Cocoa), Spices (Oleoresin and essential oil extraction),
- Meat, fish and poultry (antemortem inspection, slaughtering, and dressing, post mortem examination, canning, curing, smoking, freezing, dehydration and fermentation), eggs (quality inspection and dehydration)
- Milk (receiving, separation, clarification, pasteurization, standardization, homogenization, sterilization, UHT and fermentation).
- Unit operations of food processing – grading, sorting, peeling and size reduction.
- Product development – Consumer trends and their impact on new product development; stages- to conceive ideas, evaluation of ideas, developing ideas into products, test marketing, and commercialization; criteria for selection of raw materials, sensory evaluation, objective evaluation, standardization.
- Types and functions of packaging materials including smart packaging and biodegradable materials used in foods.
- Packaging material as a threat, impact on health and control measures.
- Surveys – types, sampling procedures for conducting surveys and for quality control.
Attempt free mock test to ace your Telangana PSC 2020 preparation
Food Laws and Organizations
- Laws and Regulations – Brief review of regulatory status in India before the advent of FSSAI: FPO, MMPO, MFPO, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Paradigm shift from PFA to FSSAI;
- Overview of Food Safety Standards Act 2006, Food Safety Standards Rules and Regulations, 2011 (Licensing and registration of food businesses, Food product standards and Additives, Packaging and labelling, Contaminants, toxins, and residues, Laboratory and sample analysis, Prohibition and Restriction on sales), Organizational hierarchy, Powers, and duties of Food business Operator, Food Safety Officer, Designated Officer, Food Analyst; Food recall and Traceability, Other Acts:
- Essential commodities Act, Legal Metrology Act, AGMARK Codex Alimentarius – development and issue of standards, Committees under Codex, role in maintaining harmony in food standards.
- National Organizations – Bureau of Indian Standards, ICMR, ICAR, NABL, Council for social welfare, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – delivery Health Services in India. Export and Quality Control through Export Inspection Council (EIC), APEDA and MPEDA.
- International Organizations FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), WHO (World Health Organization), ISO, WTO, APLAC, ILAC.
TSPSC FSO: Public and Occupational Health and Nutrition
- Public Health: Definition of Public Health and Associated Terms, Current Concerns in Public Health:
- Global and Local, Core functions and scope of public health, History of public health and evolution of Public Health, Concept of health and disease, Natural history of the disease, Levels of prevention, Concept of health and disease, Natural history of the disease, Determinants of Health, Infectious Disease and Germ Theory, Introduction to public health ethics, Globalization and Health, Governance in Health, International Health Regulations, Indian Health Systems.
- Occupational Health – health of workers in industries safety measures occupational diseases.
- Nutrition Assessment of nutritional status, Balanced diet, food sources of nutrients, essential vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids, their deficiency diseases and toxicity, PER, Recommended dietary allowances for various nutrients, Antinutrients, clinical and diet surveys.
- Programs on Nutrition in India (mid-day meals at schools, Anganwadi systems, ICDS, NIDDCP, NNAPP, WIFS, National Food Security Mission, SABLA, FSSAI initiatives on food fortification, FFRC, FFWP, NPPNB due to VAD, NGCP).
Click here to download Telangana PSC Food Safety Officer (TSPSC FSO) Syllabus Free pdf:
TSPSC FOOD SAFETY OFFICER Syllabus
Attempt free mock test to ace your TSPSC FOOD SAFETY OFFICER 2020 preparation
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post