Table of Contents
The learners who are preparing for any of the upcoming exams should know about the importance of web browsers. The web browser is a software application that can help in providing all the necessary information. The web browser can help the users to get access to the information from the World Wide Web. The web browser is responsible for fetching the information that we are asked for from webs servers and will be immediately displayed on the screen of the user via the webpage. Those candidates who are preparing for the government exams should learn all the necessary details related to the web browser.
History of Web Browser
The Web browsers are effortlessly attainable and convenient for use. It can be employed on appliances like mobile phones, computers, laptops, etc. The web browsers can be used easily and the evolutionary changes made the web browser available for everyone to use. The first web browser designed was World Wide Web in 1990 by Tim Berners Lee. It was a much older version of the world wide web that we are handling today. Later, the “Mosaic” web browser was developed in 1993. It was famous for its features. It had the feature of counting visions and an ingenious graphic interface. This was regarded as “the world’s first popular browser” and was accepted by people across the globe. In 1994, Marc Andreessen worked hard for the release of “Netscape Navigator”. In 1995, Microsoft launched Internet Explorer. This was one of the popular web browsers of that time. The Mozilla Firefox was later introduced in 2002 which was as qualified as Internet Explorer. In 2003, Apple launched a web browser and was called “Safari” which was meant to be used in Apple devices only. In 2008, Google unleashed “Chrome” which took over the platform of web browsers, and within the 3 years, it gained more popularity than any of the web browsers.
Functions of Web Browser
The world is now depending upon the Internet and browsers so we need to know the basic functions of the web browser.
- Recover information from the World Wide Web
- The information can be made functional for users
- Possible to visit any website
- Enter URL in the browser, the webserver brooks us to website
- plugins are open on the web browser
- Easy Internet surfing facilitated.
- Can handle the data smoothly
- Use the hyperlinks to get data online
- Browsers operate the internal cache
- The Internal Cache will be stored and thus saves our time and effort
- Numerous web pages can be outstretched at the same time
- Many useful choices and options are available which can make the use easy and comfortable
Types of Web Browser
There are different types of webs browsers available for the individual users. It is the personal choice to prefer any web browser. Here is the list of the web browsers and the basic function and features together for the learners to understand.
World Wide Web
- first web browser
- Established in 1990
- subsequently named “Nexus”
- Posses very basic components
- Deemed as least interactive in stints of illustrated interface
- No bookmark feature
- established in 1993
- second web browser
- the more reasonable graphical interface
- Pictures, readers and representations could all be integrated smoothly
- Designed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- The team of creation was led by Marc Andreessen
- Called the “the world’s first popular browser
- Discharged in 1994
- Played the part of a dominant browser in the 1990s
- More additional interpretations were established by Netscape
- Consist of a progressive licensing scheme
- permitted unrestrained use for non-commercial goals
- founded in 1995 by Microsoft
- In 2003, it has reached nearly 95% off use claim
- Most famous browsers
- Near to 10 renditions of Internet Explorer were unleashed by Microsoft
- Each of them was revamped
- Incorporated in Microsoft Windows operating system
- substituted with “Microsoft Edge” In 2015
- Presented in 2002
- Invented by Mozilla Foundation
- During 2003-04 it became the dominant browser
- Location-aware browsing was assembled
- established in 2008
- Founded by Google
- Regarded as the cross-platform web browser
- Multiple features
- ad-blocking feature
- Incognito mode where personal searching is unrestricted where cookies or record is neither saved nor poped out
- Most satisfactory user interface
Web Browser – Types, Function, MCQ Notes PDF Download
Sample MCQ questions and Answer on a Web browser
Name the web browsers which is also known as Nexus?
- Internet Explorer
Which is engine is used by Mozilla Firefox?
Name the web browser known as “the world’s first popular browser”?
- Netscape Navigator
- MSIE (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
Name the first web browsers to introduce a graphical interface?
First web browser created in which year?
Many of the competitive exams are around the corner. It is important to find the best source of study materials to start your preparation. Use the materials and lectures available at Entri APP to grab your dream job!