Ancient Indian History is one of the topics included in the General Studies/ GK topics of various competitive examinations. In this article let us discuss some multiple-choice questions based on the topic. Also, the sub-topics to be covered under this topic. Attempt the free online quiz and test your knowledge about Ancient Indian History.
Get notes on various topics for all competitive exams.
Top Weekly Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams.
Ancient Indian History
Topics to be Covered
History is prepared from the written evidence available. From the archeological shreds of evidence available the pre-history can be deciphered.
- The Palaeolithic Age
- The Mesolithic Age
- The Neolithic Age
- The Chalcolithic Culture
- Advent of Aryans
- Economic and Social life of Aryans
- Economic and Social Life in “Later Vedic Period”
- Material and Social Life of Aryans in India
- Later Vedic Age
- List of Archaeological Sites of Indus Valley Civilisation
- List of Vedic Literature
- Sacred Hindu Scriptures
- List of Rig Vedic Gods
- Archaeological Finding and Evidence of Prehistoric and Indus Valley Civilisation
- Vedic Age: polity, society, and position of women
- Rig Veda, Sam Veda, Yajur Veda, Atharva Veda, Brahmans, Aranyakas, Upanishads, Puranas.
- Epics: Ramayana, Mahabharata.
- Plays by Kalidas.
Megasthenese, Deimachus, Deonisius.
Practice more subject-wise quizzes for Bank Exams.
Fa-Hein, Hiuen Tsang, I-tsing,Hwuili.
Pre- Mauryans Age
- The Age of Satavahanas
- Foreign Invasions during Pre Mauryan Age
- Magadhan Empire
- Janapadas and Mahajanapadas
Age of Mauryas
- Ashoka the Great
- Mauryan Dynasty
- Economy, Social Life, Art and Architecture in Mauryan Age
- The Mauryan Empire: Administration
- Mauryan Empire: Its Decline and Significance
- Kanishka, Kushan Dynasty, Palas, Pratiharas, Rashtrakutas, Sunga, Kanva and Chedi Dynasty
Gupta Empire and Post Gupta Period
- Chola, Chera, Pandya Dynasties, Slave Dynasty, Chola Empire
- Ancient Indian Scholars and their Patrons
- Ancient Historical monuments in India and their builders
- Poets in the Courts of the Kings in Ancient India
- Important Facts of Ancient India: Science & Technology
- Ancient Indian Dynasties and their contributions
- Religions and Religious Practices of Ancient India
Get free Mock tests for SSC-CGL 2020 Exams.
Free Online Quiz: Ancient Indian History
1. Which among the following place was declared tax free and proclaimed only 1/8th part as taxable according to Asoka’s inscriptions?
2. Ashokan inscriptions were first deciphered by
D) James Prinsep
Know more about new recruitments in State PSCs.
3. ‘Nishka’, an ornament in the Vedic period was used in later times to denote a
A) Agricultural Tool
4. The time period of Indus Civilization / Harappan Civilization?
A) 2500 BC – 1750 BC
B) 2600 BC – 1750 BC
C) 2500 BC – 1650 BC
D) 2400 BC – 1650BC
5. Gayatrimantra is included in
Practice State-wise GK quiz: Gujarat, Assam, Sikkim, Maharashtra.
6. The first metal to be extensively used in India was
7. The Satapatha Brahmana and Taitriya Brahmana are the Brahmana texts of
Practice full-length Mock tests for SBI PO 2020.
8. The granary discovered at Harappa was located
A) Lower town
B) near the river Ravi
C) within the citadel at Mohenjodaro
D) at the western gate of the city
9. By whom Bimbisara was succeeded
A) Chandragupta Maurya
10. Which was the capital of Sungas in modern Madhya Pradesh?
Improve your Vocabulary-Practice Here.
11. During which age Manusmriti was written?
12. Devichandraguptam, a literary source provides information about the Guptas, was written by
13. Which were the features of Indus Valley Civilization?
A) Urban civilization and Foreign trade
B) Planned cities, uniformity in the planning of cities and big buildings
C) Traders and the barter system
D) All the above
14. Name the site of Indus Valley Civilization situated in Gujarat on Bhogava river near Gulf of Cambay
A) Chanhu- daro
B) Kali bangan
D) Dhola vira
15. What was the Rig-vedic name of the river Jhelum?
16. Name the last Mauryan ruler, who was killed by his own Commander-in-Chief
IBPS Clerk VS IBPS PO- Know more.
17. Which was the capital of Mahajanapada, Gandhara, the region between Kabul and Rawalpindi in the north-western province
18. Varahmihira and Kalidasa, among the nine famous scholars, called as the ‘Navaratnas’ attended the court of
A) Kumargupta I
C) Chandragupta I
D) Chandragupta II
Download Entri and practice more quizzes on Indian History.
19. Who among the following were teachers of Gautama Buddha before his enlightenment?
1) Makkhali Gosala
2) Alara Kalama
3) Nigantha Nataputta
4) Udraka Ramputra
A) 1 & 2
B) 4 & 4
C) 3 & 4
D) 2 & 3
20. Who was the founder of the Satavahana dynasty?
A) Satakarni I
D) Gautamiputra Satakarni
Attempt Tripura GK Online Quiz!!
Free Online Quiz-Ancient Indian History
|2. D||3. D||
|6. C||7. B||
|10. A||11. A||
|14. C||15. A||
|18. D||19. B||
Get the latest updates of Bank/SSC/State-PSC’s/RRB Exams.
Entri wishes all the very best to all the readers!!
Discussion about this post