Table of Contents
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a digital payment platform called e-RUPI. The platform created by the National Payments Corporation of India in association with the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and National Health Authority, states to be a person and purpose-specific digital payment solution. The PMO said it is likely to be a radical enterprise in the direction of assuring a secure delivery of welfare services.
Key Highlights Of e-RUPI Digital Payment
|Name Of The Article||e-RUPI Digital Payment|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Cashless And Contactless Instrument For Making Digital Payments|
Objective Of e-RUPI Digital Payment
The major objective of the e-RUPI digital payment platform is to offer a contactless and cashless payment system so that citizens can make digital payments without any kind of troubles. With the help of this payment platform, users can make payments in a safe method. This payment platform make use of a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher that will be sent to the mobile of the beneficiary. e-RUPI digital payment platform confirms the punctual payment of the services without the implementation of an agent. Users need not carry any cards or digital payment app or have internet banking access in order to make payments that in turn makes the payment process easy and safe.
List Of Banks That Are Live With e-RUPI
View List Of Live Hospitals On e-RUPI
- First of all go to the official website of national payment Corporation of India
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage click on what we do Option
- Now you have to click on UPI
- After that you have to click on e-RUPI live partners
- After that you have to click on Live Hospitals on e-RUPI
- A PDF file will appear before you
- In this PDF file you can view list of live hospitals on e-RUPI.
|Name of Banks||Issuer||Acquirer||Acquiring App|
|Union Bank of India||Yes||No||NA|
|State bank of India||Yes||Yes||YONO SBI Merchant|
|Punjab national bank||Yes||Yes||PNB Merchant Pay|
|ICICI bank||Yes||Yes||Bharat Pe and PineLabs|
|HDFC bank||Yes||Yes||HDFC Business App|
|Bank of Baroda||Yes||Yes||BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay|
|Axis bank||Yes||Yes||Bharat Pe|
‘E-RUPI’, a new digital payment solution developed on the Unified Payments Interface (the “UPI”), was nearly commenced by the Government of India through a press note on August 02, 2021. This prepaid voucher solution has been originated by the National Payments Corporation of India (the “NPCI”)1 in connection with the Department of Financial Services, the National Health Authority, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (the “Ministry of Health”), and partner banks.
E-RUPI is a one-time use, prepaid e-voucher developed through partner banks taking part in the UPI ecosystem, which can be sent by sponsors (government or private organisations) directly to the mobile phones of the designated receiver in the way of an SMS-string or a QR code. Consecutively, the receivers can reclaim the voucher for a particular reason or activity at selected centers or traders accepting e-RUPI. For example, a government or a private organisation can publish e-RUPI vouchers to its employees that are reclaimable for treatment at a specified hospital. The redemption of the e-RUPI does not need the receiver to possess a card, an internet banking facility, or a digital payment mobile application. In this way, the e-RUPI solution has been designed to help initiatives by government and private organisations that involve one-time benefits, and to this extent, connect sponsors of services or welfare schemes with the receivers and merchants, without the need for any physical interface.
The NPCI has specified that the UPI prepaid voucher may be published in two core categories, that is, person-to-person (P2P) and business to consumer (B2C). Anyway, it has presently published informations only about the scope of the B2C category. We have provided below, an overview of the key features of the e-RUPI solution in the B2C category and its possible uses for the digital payment ecosystem in India.
Benefits of e-RUPI
|Benefits for Consumers||Payment processes is contactless. We only have to follow a two-step redemption process need to have any kind of digital payment app or bank account consumer is not needed to share his or her personal information in order to maintain privacy.|
|Benefits for Hospitals||The voucher is prepaid hence the payment process is fully secure. Voucher can be recovered in few steps. Hospitals need not handle cash, thus worry less and contactless. Payments can be assured. voucher is sanctioned through a verification code which makes the payment process simple and safe.|
|Benefits for Corporates||The well-being of employees can be permitted by the corporates. Voucher distribution is fast, secure, and contactless. Issuer can track the voucher redemption results in reduced cost because the transactions are digital and don’t require any physical publication.|
Some of the benefits of e-Rupi are the following:
1) e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payment.
2) It connects service sponsors and beneficiaries electronically.
3) It assures secure and leak-proof delivery of different welfare services.
4) It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher, which is sent to the mobile of the beneficiaries.
5) The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism helps to reclaim the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the service provider.
6) e-RUPI connects the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
7) It also assures that the payment to the service provider is made only after the transaction is done.
8) Being pre-paid in nature, it ensures on time payment to the service provider without involving any intermediary.
9) Other than usual payments, it can also be used for services under schemes like providing medicines and nutritional guidance under maternal and child welfare schemes, TB eradication programmes, medicines and diagnostics under schemes like Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, fertilizer subsidy, etc.
10) These digital vouchers can also be used by the private sector for its employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programmes.
Features Of E-rupi
1.e-RUPI can be published only by banks that are approved by the Reserve Bank of India (the “RBI”) to publish Prepaid Payment Instruments (“PPI”) and those who are taking part as Payment Service Providers (PSPs) in the UPI ecosystem. Regarding this matter, the publishing banks will be accountable for starting a request to prepare the prepaid voucher on the UPI, and they would have to stick to the RBI’s PPI directions with respect to publishing and operating of the e-RUPI prepaid voucher.
2. The e-RUPI can be provided with the beneficiaries only in a digital format (which means, a QR code or SMS-string), and no print or paper format of the prepaid voucher is allowed.
3. Benefactors who can ask for publication of an e-RUPI voucher may consists of businesses, corporates, state and union government departments. Anyhow, only complete KYC compliant account holders (i.e., sponsors) can commence a request for preparation of the e-RUPI vouchers from their specific accounts.
4. Presently the maximum limit for each e-RUPI voucher has been set at INR 10,000. Additionally, for Covid-19 and such related healthcare services, up to 10 e-RUPI vouchers can be published on a single mobile number. Anyhow, the publication of numerous e-RUPI vouchers on a single mobile number shall be editable based on the scheme necessities.
5. The e-RUPI vouchers will have a determined validity as per the requirement scheme, subject to a maximum validity period of one year from the date of publication.
6. e-RUPI vouchers can be recovered only for the buying of goods or services from the selected merchant categories or at the voucher acceptance points, as may be specified by the publishing bank at the time of publication. Regarding this, acquiring banks will offer the facility or technological capability to the specified merchants to scan and accept the prepaid voucher (either through SMS-string or QR code) for reclaiming.
7. e-RUPI, once published, cannot be transferred , and cannot be used for recovering cash or cash backs.
8. The voucher recovery can be hunted by the publisher.
9. The e-RUPI solution does not need the receiver to have a bank account or a digital payment mobile application (which is one of the main characteristic features of this solution in differentiating to other present forms of digital payment mechanisms). Additionally, the solution can also be used by persons who do not possess smart-phones or in areas which have less or no internet connectivity.
10. The banks and the sponsors of the e-RUPI have to support problem handling, and customer grievance redressal mechanisms for the receivers.
11. The NPCI has collaborated with numerous banks for promoting e-RUPI transactions, that includes Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Indian Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, and Union Bank of India. In such manner, the acquiring applications (that promote the e-RUPI voucher to be reclaimed at the merchant locations) like BharatPe, BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay, Pine Labs, PNB Merchant Pay, and YoNo SBI Merchant Pay. Further, extra banks and acquiring applications are anticipated to join the framework to promote the e-RUPI solution.
12. The Ministry of Finance, Government of India has analyzed that e-RUPI should not be disordered with the Central Bank Digital Currency, which is independently under consideration by the RBI, as the e-RUPI is a person and purpose specified digital e-voucher.
Download e-RUPI Digital Payment Mobile App
- Firstly open Google play store or Apple App Store in your mobile phone.
- Now in the search box you have to type e-RUPI Digital payment.
- After that you have to click on the search button.
- A list of apps will appear before you.
- You have to click on the first option.
- After that you have to click on install.
- e-RUPI digital payment mobile app will be download in your device.
Procedure To Redeem e-RUPI Voucher
- The beneficiary have to show the e-RUPI QR code or SMS at the service provider outlet.
- The salesperson must scan this QR code or SMS.
- Now an OTP will be received through the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary have to to share this OTP with the service provider.
- Service provider have to enter this OTP into the OTP box.
- Now service provider have to click on proceed.
- Payment will be made to the service provider.
Contact The Department
- Visit the official website of national payments Corporation of India
- The homepage will open before you
- On the homepage click on get in touch Option
- Now a new page will appear before you
- On this new page you have to enter the following details:-
- Email ID
- Captcha code
- After that click on submit button
- By following this procedure you can contact the department
View Contact Details Of Offices Of NPCI
- Go to the official website of national payments Corporation of India
- The homepage will open before you
- Now you have to click on get in touch option.
- A new page will open before you
- You have to scroll down
- At the bottom of the page you can view the details of offices of NPCI
Through this article, we have provided you with all the important details regarding e-RUPI digital payment. If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact the department through its helpline number in order to solve your problem. The helpline number is 18001201740.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.