Table of Contents
UGC NET is the exam that examines the eligibility of Indian Nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ both in Indian Universities and Colleges. The UGC NET General Aptitude test is performed every year and the students practicing for this exam must have complete knowledge about the topics asked in UGC NET Paper 1.
Information and Communication Technology Syllabus for UGC NET Exam
Topics that are covered as per the syllabus for UGC NET Exam Paper 1 :
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology
- ICT General Acronyms.
- Search Engines and Web Browser.
One of the most significant parts of the UGC NET General Aptitude section is Information and Communication Technology.
Many questions are asked from the previous year’s papers. The questions are also based mainly on the topic of Search Engines and Web Browsers.
UGC NET Information and Technology Notes
Here in this article, we have provided a complete list of the most commonly used and important Abbreviations, acronyms, and the difference between search engines and web Browsers that are related to exams.
ICT Abbreviations and Terminology
One of the most essential parts of the UGC NET General Aptitude section is Common Abbreviations in Information and Communication Technology.
The most concise form of a word or phrase or the group of words is called an Abbreviation.
List of Common Computer Abbreviations in ICT UGC NET Paper 1.
Here are delivering the list of important ICT general abbreviations and terminology listed in UGC NET Information and Communication Technology Notes:
|S.No.||Abbreviation||Full-Form of ICT Abbreviation|
|1.||AGP||Accelerated Graphic Port|
|3||EPROM||Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory|
|4.||BIOS||Basic Input and Output System|
|5.||HDD||Hard Disk Drive|
|6.||PCI||Peripheral Component Interconnect|
|7.||UNIVAC||Universal Automatic Computer|
|8.||GUI||Graphic User Interface|
|9.||USB||Universal Serial Board|
|10.||VGA||Visual Graphic Adaptor|
|11.||MAN||Metropolitan Area Network|
|12.||ASCII||American Standard Code for Information Interchange|
|13.||WAN||Wide Area Network|
|14.||EBCDIC||Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code|
|15.||LAN||Local Area Network|
|16.||EEPROM/EAPROM||Electrical Erasable /Alterable Programmable Read-Only Memory|
|17.||CPU||Central Processing Unit|
|19.||ALU||Arithmetic and Logical Unit|
|20.||DVD||Digital Versatile Disc|
|23.||VDU||Visual Display Unit|
|24.||RAM||Random Access Memory|
|25.||ICT||Information Communication Technology|
|26.||PROM||Programmable Read-Only Memory|
|27.||URL||Universal Resource Locator|
|28.||IDE||Integrated Drive Electronics|
|31.||ATX||Advanced Technology Extended|
|32.||SIM||Subscriber Identification Module|
|34.||ISP||Internet Service Provider|
|36.||DBMS||Database Management System|
|37.||SQL||Structured Query Language|
|39.||SDT||Serial Query Language|
|40.||CAN||Campus Area Network|
|41.||SIMMs||Single Inline Memory Module|
|42.||PAN||Personal Area Network|
|43.||DIMMs||Dual Inline Memory Module|
|44.||CMOS||Complimentary Metaoxide Semi-Conductor|
|45.||ENIAC||Electronic Number Integrator and Calculator|
|47.||EDSAC||Electronic Dialog Storage Automatic Computer|
|48.||MAC||Media Access Control|
|50.||LSIC||Large Scale Integrated Circuit|
|52.||GIGO||Garbage In Garbage Out|
|53.||PHP||PHP Hypertext Preprocessor|
|55.||PDT||Parallel Data Transmission|
|56.||PDA||Personal Digital Assistant|
|57.||USSD||Unstructured Supplementary Service Data|
|58.||WWW||World Wide Web|
|59.||COBOL||Common Basic Oriented Language|
|60.||CCNP||Cisco Certified Network Professionals|
|61.||BASIC||Beginner All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code|
|62.||CEH||Certified Ethical Hacking|
|63.||TCP||Transmission Control Protocol|
|64.||CSS||Cascading Style Sheet|
|65.||CISCO||Computer Information System Company|
|67.||XML||Extensible Markup Language|
|68.||HTML||Hypertext Markup Language|
|69.||CCNA||Cisco Certified Network Associate|
|70.||RFI||Remote File Inclusion|
|71.||HTTP||Hypertext Markup Language|
|72.||DDOS||Distribution Denial of Service|
|73.||VPN||Virtual Private Network|
|74.||SEO||Search Engine Optimization|
Important Internet Network-Based Abbreviations in Information and Communication Technology UGC NET
Here is the list of necessary abbreviations based on internet networks which are commonly asked in this section of UGC NET Paper 1.
- FTP –File Transport Protocol is also called FTP that drags a file between computers using the Internet Service.
- HTML –The Information is created by the Hypertext Markup Language, so it can be repositioned to the Internet.
- HTTP –Hypertext Transfer Protocol or HTTP is the group of instructions for the software that is operated to control the movements of Files on the Internet.
- IP –The IP also called Internet Protocol is the procedure of trading the data or information between the set of Computers on the Single Network or the sequence of the Interconnected Network.
- ISP –Internet Service Provider is the Organization that supplies the Internet Service to connect the device to the Internet Services.
- LAN –The Local Area Network is the set of Computer and Devices Services supplied in the geographical region of an individual.
List of Important Computer Acronyms for UGC NET Information and Communication Technology
The UGC NET Paper 1 is an essential part of the exam and the common Information Communication Technology Abbreviations from the Computer Basic and Terminology are commonly asked in this section from UGC NET Information and Communication Technology.
- BIOS –The Basic Input and Output System that handles the computer, it informs us about the functions to be conducted on the System. The Instructions are implanted on a chip connected to the Motherboard.
- BYTE –Byte is called the Storage unit of data.
- CPU –CPU is considered as the Brain of a Computer. It is also called the Central Processing Unit of the Computer.
- MAC –The common abbreviation used for a kind of personal Computer Macintosh created by the Apple Computer Company.
- OS –OS is the Operating System of the Computer and it is the major program that operates on the computer and starts automatically when the computer is turned on.
- PC –The Personal Computer is given the standard abbreviation named PC. All the Computers are IBM Compatible.
- PDF –When the File is to be kept in the Portable Document Format, the word PDF is used.
- RAM –The Space that can be used only one time is called Random Access Memory. The Working Speed of the Computer System relies on the RAM.
- ROM –The Instructions for the Computer is from the ROM or Read-Only Memory and ROM is non-volatile and cannot be altered.
- VGA –The System that is utilized for depicting the graphics is known as Video Graphics Array or VGA. It was designed by IBM.
- WYSIWYG –It is generally known as WIZZIWIG which indicates What You See Is What You Get. The primary intention of this abbreviation is Printer will print what you see on your system.
Search Engine and Web Browser
Search Engine – You can search the different kinds of information on the Internet by operating the search engine. It is a software program that searches for websites based on the keywords which the user types in. It then runs through their databases of information to locate the information you are looking for.
Here you can access the Names of Search Engine listed in UGC NET Information and Communication Technology Notes,
- Search Encrypt
- Start page
Web Browser – A web browser permits people to access, recover and view information on the Internet. The user can type in the address of the website or webpage to visit that page. The “browsed” information can be in the formation of text content on a web page, an image, video, audio, etc.
Here you can access the Names of web browsers listed in UGC NET Information and Communication Technology Notes,
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Slim jet Browser
- UC Browser
- Sea Monkey
Differences Between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Web Browser is a software application you ought to install on your computer or devices; for example, downloading Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- But you don’t need to install the Search engine. It’s a software program which is already placed there on the Internet. Example: Google.
- A web browser delivers different kinds of facilities like Bookmark, Download, History, etc. But you will not discover such facilities on Search Engine.
- A Web Browser allows you to access information on the Internet. On the other hand, Search Engine supplies you the facility to locate the right website that connects to the words you type in.
In this article, we have served all the abbreviations which are commonly asked in the UGC NET Paper 1 from the ICT section.
Here are the detailed notes on Information and Communication Technology UGC NET Paper 1 Exam. The Entri Learning App also provides more essential notes on UGC NET Exam for better preparation and study for the aspiring candidates.