The JEE Mains are always an exciting and yet difficult examination for the candidates to crack. The National Testing Agency or NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2020is now postponed and will be held in May.
As everyone knows that JEE Main is one of the most prestigious and competitive examinations for Engineering in the country. As Syllabus for JEE Main is vast thus the candidates should prepare extensively for the examination. An important factor that decides the score is that how efficient the candidate is on that day. Candidates can see some of the necessary Guidelines JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates for Pen and Paper – based test and online exam in January and May.
JEE Mains 2020, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA, has put down a set of rules and regulations, which all the candidates must abide during the JEE Mains 2020 exam day. Here are the JEE Mains 2020 Exam Day Instructions – what to wear, what to carry and reporting time, among others.
GET FREE JEE MAIN 2020 Mock Test
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Day Rules
There are various regulations that the candidates will need to abide on the day of the examinations, ranging from the dress code to the stationary and required documents that are needed during the exam. Check out the following JEE Mains 2020 exam day rules like what to bring, what not to bring, required documents to be brought on JEE Mains 2020 exam day and general tips and Guidelines for JEE Mains 2020 exam day.
GET FREE JEE MAIN 2020 Mock Test
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
- Please check carefully your name, paper, date of birth, gender, test center name, city, state code of eligibility and category on the admit card. If you find any mistake you need to get in touch with JEE Main office for necessary correction.
- Note that, JEE Main Admit Card issued to you shall be provisional and shall be subject to your satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- You should carry a copy of the given documents on the day of your JEE Main 2020 and submit the same to the invigilator at the examination center. You have to write your Roll No. On the copy of the documents being submitted in support of class 12th/Qualifying examination.
|Applicability||Documents Required for the Exam Day|
|Candidates who have qualified class 12th/qualifying Examination in 2017 or 2018 and have not opted for improvement of performance in 2020||Copy of your Final Marksheet/marks statement of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination of the year 2018 or 2019|
|Candidates who have qualified class 12th/qualifying Examination in 2018 or 2019, and have opted for improvement of performance in 2020 in all subjects.||Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance in Class 12th/Qualifying Examination 2020.|
|Candidates, who are appearing in class 12th/qualifying examination in 2020.||Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying Examination 2020.|
Download Entri App for JEE MAIN 2020 Mock Test
The examination hall will open 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. A seat indicating Roll no. will be allocated to each candidate. You should find out and occupy your allocated seat only. If you are found to have changed your seat your candidature may be cancelled.
- You will not be allowed to carry any bag inside the examination Centre.
- Smoking and Eating is not permitted in the Examination Hall.
- You are also not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written materials, bits of papers, mobile phone, paper or any other device, except the Admit Card, Identity proof, documents as required inside the examination Hall.
- You would not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of examination. Login and read all the instructions carefully.
- You should show your Admit card on demand. If you do not possess the Admit Card, you would not be permitted to write the examination.
- Pen/Pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination Hall/Room. Candidates must write their name and Roll Number at the top of the sheets and must return the sheets and Admit Card to the invigilator, before leaving the examination Hall/Room.
Here are some of the JEE rules that you need to keep in mind:
- You are requested to follow JEE Mains exam timings.
- The JEE Mains timings are 9:30 am to 12:30 pm for the first shift and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm for the second shift. Hence the exam duration will be three hours.
- The entry to the exam center will be 7:30 am to 9:00 am for the first shift and 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm for the second shift.
- The Admit Card will be checked by the invigilator from 9 am to 9:15 am for the first shift and 2 pm to 2:15 pm for the second shift. You will have to be seated by 9:15 am and 2:15 pm respectively.
- From 9:15 am to 9:25 am and from 2:15 pm to 2:25 pm, the invigilators will give out their instructions according to JEE Main exam time.
Free Practice of JEE MAINS 2020 Mock Test
JEE Main instructions 2020 to be followed while taking the Admit Cards:
- Once the candidates receive their admit cards, they should carefully check their name, paper, date of birth, gender, test center, city, state code, eligibility and category. The JEE Main conducting authority has to be approached if there are any mistakes according to online exam instructions.
- In case you are unable to download your admit card, you have to contact the JEE Main helpline with application and name.
- Admit Cards are only issued provisionally if all the eligibility criteria are met.
- Candidates will also have to carry one passport size photo, the same uploaded on the application form of JEE Main 2020. Any original photo id issued by the Government like PAN Card, driving license, Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card and Aadhar Enrollment number with photo.
- If applicable, then the PwD certificate.
Get Free JEE MAIN 2020 Mock Test
Code of Conduct
Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their Question Paper only. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in thee Examination Room/Hall shall be deemed as misbehavior. If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred for taking examination either permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of offence.
If upon screening at the Examination Centre, Its is discovered that any candidate is actually carrying, within the ‘Kara’ and ‘Kirpan’, a suspect device, he/she may be asked not to take it in the Examination Hall (as directed by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court vide its Order dated 03.05.2018). The decision of NTA on unfair means will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
So, now you know the JEE Main Guidelines. Focus on your revision now. You must take your JEE (Main) preparation seriously even though the exam is conducted twice a year. You should give your best shot in the first attempt itself so that you don’t have to appear in the exam the second time or at least worry about your performance.
Solve important JEE Main questions from the chapters that are important for the exam. Also, take free JEE Main Mock Tests which are of the same level as the actual exam. Analysis to identify the gaps in your preparation. Then work on them to improve.
Discussion about this post