JEE Main 2020, an exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), will be held in two sessions, one each in January and April. The JEE Main 2020 April Exam has been postponed to the last week of May. JEE Main 2020 admit card will be released after April 15.
Previously, National Testing Agency (NTS) has released a Notification stating that JEE Main 2020 has been postponed due to the current situation related to Coronavirus and that the new dates will be declared after March 31.
A vast majority of students are enthused and willing to take the exam as the best of two scores will be considered for final B.Tech & B.Arch admissions. Candidates planning to appear in the first session of JEE Main 2020 should start preparing from now. They should first complete the JEE Main Syllabus and then move towards a sound revision followed by practising previous year papers and taking JEE Main Mock Test.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE Main exam pattern is objective. Since there is a provision of negative marking, it is important for candidates to ensure that they are 100 percent correct while marking answers. Guesswork might not work when solving JEE Main question paper. Here’s a quick go through JEE Main exam pattern.
JEE Main exam pattern will give the candidate’s an overview of the total number of questions, marks distribution, marking scheme and other related details about the exam. In Paper 1, Candidates will be required to answer questions from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The medium for three paper – English, Hindi and Gujrati.
JEE Main 2020 is a Computer-based examination where Paper 1 is for B.E/B.Tech and Paper 2 is for B.Arch/B.Plan. It is to be noted that a section of JEE Main Paper 2 (drawing) will be pen and paper-based.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern – Highlights
The table below covers all the important components of JEE Main Pattern:
|Exam mode||Online (Computer based)||Online (Mathematics and Aptitude) and offline (Drawing test)|
|Number of sections and subjects||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)||3 (Drawing, Mathematics and Aptitude)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes) 60 minutes per section||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of questions||75 (20 + 5 questions per section) Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & questions for which answer is a numerical value, with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||Paper 2:77 questions (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and Drawing: 2)|
|Types of questions||MCQs: 4 options with only 1 correct option||Mathematics and Aptitude: Objective type questions Drawing: Questions to test the candidate’s drawing and sketching skills|
|JEE Main Total Marks||300 marks||400 marks (Drawing section will be of total 100 marks, narking of every question will be given along with it)|
|Language of Paper||English, Hindi and Gujarati (Aspirant’s from Gujarati,Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)||English, Hindi and Gujarati (Aspirant’s from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern for BPlan
|Online (Mathematics and Aptitude) and (Planning Based Questions)|
|Number of sections and subjects||3 (Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning Based Questions)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of questions||100 questions (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and Planning Based Questions: 25)|
|Type of questions||Mathematics and Aptitude|
|Planning Based Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|JEE Main Total Marks||400 marks|
|Language of paper||English, Hindi and Gujarati (Aspirant’s from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)|
Along with hitting the textbooks and following preparation strategies it is important to find the best study martial for JEE Main. Questions like which books to read, short notes to refer to, sample papers and more crop up when it comes to JEE Main 2020 preparation. The JEE Main study material includes textbooks, reference books, mock tests and short notes. Students armed with the knowledge of good JEE Main study material can polish up their preparation to achieve better results as these are apt tools to push towards success JEE.
JEE Main 2020 Changes
- JEE Main April 2020 exam postponed. It will be now held in the last week of May 2020.
- JEE Main application process 2020 has seen some major changes. Also the application fee has been hiked. The offline payment mode (E-Challan) has been discontinued from this year. Candidates applying for April session have to upload their class 12 mark sheet/admit card.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020 has been revised with major changes in the number of questions and making scheme. In JEE Main Paper 1, candidates have to answer only 75 questions (25 each from Physics, Chemistry and Maths) including 5 numerical questions per section which do not carry negative marking. The total marks are now 300 for JEE Main Paper 1 in 2020 while they were 360 earlier.
- JEE Main Paper 2 is now separate for B.Arch and B.Plan aspirants. B. Plan students have to answer questions on planning while B.Arch students have a drawing test (pen and paper-based). Maths and Aptitude are common for both B.Plan and B.Arch. The total marks have increased to 400 for Paper 2 from 390 marks in the past years.
Physics Important Books
|Concepts of Physics -Part I||HC Verma|
|Concepts of Physics -Part II||HC Verma|
|Practice Book Physics for JEE Main and Advanced||DC Pandey|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Physics for JEE (Main and Advanced)-Vol 1 and 2||I.E. Irodov|
Chemistry Important Books
|Organic Chemistry||Robert T. Morrison and Robert N. Boyd|
|Concepts of Organic Chemistry||O.P Tandon|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||R.C. Mukherjee|
|GRB Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
Mathematics Important Books
|IIT Mathematics||M.L. Khanna|
|Degree level Differential Calculus||A Das Gupta|
|Mathematics for Class 11 and 12||R.D. Sharma|
|Objective Mathematics for JEE||R.D. Sharma|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I.A. Maron|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
With more than 12 lakh candidates appearing for the exam, a good strategic preparation plan for JEE Main 2020 is vital for success. It means that candidates have to be clear about the Syllabus to study, be familiar with the exam pattern and finally put all of the study tips into practice. Some vital factors in JEE Main 2020 preparation are listed below.
- Be familiar with the exam Syllabus. By knowing the units and topics to be studied, the preparation process can become much easier.
- Understand the exam pattern since it will make the candidates familiar with the nature of questions asked, marking scheme and more details.
- A study plan should be created so that the candidates can properly plan their preparation for JEE Main 2020. Time for studying, revision and solving of sample papers and Mock tests should be adequately allotted.
- Revision is must: Candidates should make sure to revise every topic many times to keep it fresh in their minds.
- Attempt mock tests and sample papers: This will help the candidates understand their current level of preparedness and allow them to understand their mistakes and rectify them.
|JEE Exam Information Links|
|JEE Notification||JEE Mock Test|
|JEE Syllabus||JEE Video Course|
|JEE Exam date||JEE Answer key|
|JEE Application Form||JEE Interview Questions|
|JEE Vacancy||JEE Job Profile|
|JEE Admit Card||JEE Salary|
|JEE Study Plan||JEE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|JEE Previous Question Papers||JEE Result|
|JEE Best Books||JEE Cutoff|
|JEE Eligibility Criteria||JEE Exam Analysis|
|JEE Selection Process|