Table of Contents
NEET is the abbreviation for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It was earlier called All India Pre-Medical Test and is an entrance exam for those who wish to study in the medical field. It is an important and well-known exam along with JEE and both handled by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam takes place once a year on contrary with its engineering counterpart and has biology as a core subject. Although there are reports of making it a twice a year event due to the increasing participants.
- The NEET exam is held in 11 different languages: English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu.
- It is an MCQ type exam that has 4 marks for every right answer and a negative one for every incorrect answer. There will be no marks awarded or deducted for unattempt questions
- Due to the high amount of students, the test has become a little bit more difficult and the question has become a bit trickier. this keeps up the competition and makes sure only the best get selected
- Its a 720 mark pen-paper test that takes place over 3 hours.
NEET Answer key
The answer key is what the examiners refer to when they evaluate this given paper. It is released to the public a while after the exam along with the respective question paper and if any mistake found, they can be challenged.
Challenge costs 1000 rupees and if the error found is true, the money is refunded. its a simple process but the board’s way of making sure that not everybody keeps asking for wrong corrections that end up delaying the evaluation.
Some extra information
NEET exam has a dress code. You read that right. Here it is:
NEET 2024 Dress code for males:
- Try wearing simple and casual pants/shirts
- Full-sleeves shirts are not allowed
- Clothes should not have pockets, zips, big buttons, layers etc
- Avoid layering your clothing
- Kurtas and pyjamas should be avoided
- Footwear should be simple. Boots, shoes or any concealing/covered footwear are not permitted
- You can opt for light slippers/sandals
NEET 2024 Dress code for females:
- Wear half-sleeved Kurtis/shirts
- Long and fancy sleeves of any design are not allowed
- Keep it simple. Avoid embroidery, frills, layering with different pieces
- Avoid all jewellery both metallic and non-metallic
- Fancy footwear is not permitted in the exam hall. Avoid boots, heels, stilettos, shoes
- Opt for slippers or open sandals
It’s a little strict but measures have to be taken against cheating.
The NEET exam admit card is currently available for download and will be until may 4th and it’s advised to download and keep a few hard copies as soon as possible. One can never know what the future may hold.
The Corona Virus is a serious health issue and it is advised that everybody stay at home and take care. this some time to spend at home with yourself and your family and reconnect with those you have become distant due to ever digitalising world. Wash your hands and have a nice day 🙂 Keep learning!
|NEET Examination Information Links
|NEET Mock Test
|NEET Video Course
|NEET Exam date
|NEET Study Materials
|NEET Application Form
|NEET Interview Questions
|NEET Job Profile
|NEET Admit Card
|NEET Study Plan
|NEET Preparation Tips and Tricks
|NEET Previous Question Papers
|NEET Best Books
|NEET Eligibility Criteria
|NEET Exam Analysis
|NEET Selection Process