The National Testing Agency (NTA) published the online application form of NEET 2021 on July 13 2021. The application form has been released at 5.00 pm on their official website. Aspiring candidates can fill the form at the NEET application website neet.nta.nic.in. As per the latest news on NEET 2021 application form, the brochure PDF will also be released on the official web portal. Every year, an estimate of more than 15 lakh candidates register for NTA NEET. Last year only, the NTA received 15,97,435 NEET application forms. This article discusses the NEET application form 2021 release date, how to fill the application form, documents required, application fees, and related details.
Only those candidates who fulfil the NEET eligibility criteria can apply and fill the NEET application form 2021. However, the last date to fill up the form is August 6 2021 till 11:50 PM. According to the latest update on NEET 2021, the application fee for NEET 2021 is the same as the last year. The NEET (UG) – 2021 exam date is now fixed to be conducted on September 12 2021. To appear for the NEET exam, eligible aspirants must submit the application form on or before the last date of neet 2021 registration.
NEET 2021 Application Form Updated Dates
|Release of NTA NEET Information Brochure||July 13, 2021 – Started|
|Start date for NTA NEET 2021 application form||July 13, 2021, 5:00 PM|
|Last date to fill NEET online form||August 6, 2021, till 11:50 PM|
|Last date to submit NEET registration fees||August 7, 2021, up to 11:50 PM|
|NEET 2021 Correction window||August 8, 2021|
|Last date of the correction window||August 12, 2021|
|NEET admit card release date||3 days before the exam|
|NEET 2021 exam date||September 12, 2021|
Steps to Fill the NEET Application Form 2021
- Registration of NEET 2021
- Filling in the application form of NEET 2021
- Uploading of scanned images and documents
- NEET application fee payment online
- Downloading and Printing of the confirmation page
NEET Application Form 2021 – Documents Required
The candidates must make sure that their documents are up to date and no corrections are required. While filling the NEET 2021 application form, aspirants must ensure that they have a reliable and compatible internet connection. The documents required while filling the application form are listed hereunder.
- Credible Mobile Number
- A valid Email Address
- Class 10 and Class 12 details (Mark list, certificate, roll number, school address, and other details)
- Father’s and Mother’s name(correct spelling)
- Last four digits of the Aadhaar number
- Class 12 Roll number issued by the Board or Election Card (EPIC) No.
- Ration card number, Passport Number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number
- Scanned images of a passport-size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, Class 10 pass certificate and postcard size photograph
- Credit/Debit card number, Net Banking and UPI payment gateway details (for online payment)
NEET Application Form – Documents to Keep Ready
|Candidates’ Category||Types of permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all States||Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Passport Number, Aadhaar card number (last 4 digits)|
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO||Passport Number|
Documents Required for NEET 2021 Application Form
While submitting the photographs, signature, left thumb impression etc, there are a few specifications that the candidate must follow. If it doesn’t meet the specifications, the application form will reject it. Therefore make sure that all the documents which are being uploaded meet the required specifications. The table below provides all the details.
NEET Document Specifications
|Documents||Specifications||Size and Format||Specification for tool|
||Size – 10 Kb to 200 Kb
Format – JPG
|2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Postcard size picture||
||4″x6″ (Size 50 kb – 300 kb),||4.25 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
||Size – 4 Kb to 30 Kb
Format – JPG
|2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Left-hand thumb impression||
||Size: 10 kb to 50 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Class 10 passing certificate||
||Size- 100 KB to 400 KB||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
NTA NEET 2021 Application Fee
The application fee mentioned below is tentative
- For General category: 1500/-
- For EWS / OBC: 1400/-
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH: 800/-
- Candidates can pay the Examination Fee through E Challan Offline Mode or pay through Online Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking Fee Mode.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before applying or registering for the NEET 2021, aspirants are advised to check if they meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for NEET 2021 can be checked from the table given below.
|Nationality||Candidates eligible for NEET 2021 include:
|Age Limit for NEET 2021||Aspirants must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission as of 31 December 2021.|
|Minimum Qualification||Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as main subjects from a recognized board.|
|Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination||
|Number of permitted attempts||No restrictions on the maximum attempt limit|
Eligibility Code for NTA NEET 2021 UG
- NEET UG Code 01: A contender who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12 Standard in 2021 who is waiting for the result may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS if he/she does not clear the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of the first round of Counseling.
- NEET UG Code 02: The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a 12 years study, the last two years of such study encompassing Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology ( including practical tests in these subjects) and Maths or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as put forth by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as proposed by the National Committee on Education.
- NEET UG Code 03: The Intermediate/Pre-degree Exam in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (which includes practical test ) and also English as the main subject.
- NEET UG Code 04: The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Exam or the Pre-University or a similar examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- NEET UG Code 05: The first year of the three year degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology which includes practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and the candidate has cleared the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology with English at a level not less than the main course.
- NEET UG Code 06: B.Sc.Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc.Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and also that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- NEET UG Code 07: Any other examination which is in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology; Which includes a practical test in these subjects) is found to be equal to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English. Provided that to be eligible for the competitive entrance examination, the candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above or appearing in the qualifying examination in 2016. Also provided that to be eligible for competitive Entrance Test the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have acquired a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and in addition must have come in the merit list of All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test(AIPMT)for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
All the very best for the aspiring candidates from the Entri Team.
|NEET Examination Information Links|
|NEET Notification||NEET Mock Test|
|NEET Syllabus||NEET Video Course|
|NEET Exam date||NEET Study Materials|
|NEET Answer key||NEET Interview Questions|
|NEET Vacancy||NEET Job Profile|
|NEET Admit Card||NEET Salary|
|NEET Study Plan||NEET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|NEET Previous Question Papers||NEET Result|
|NEET Best Books||NEET Cutoff|
|NEET Eligibility Criteria||NEET Exam Analysis|
|NEET Selection Process|