The much-awaited entrance tests in India NEET 2020 get new exam date from the HRD ministry. NEET exams are postponed again due to pandemic. HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal announced that NEET 2020 will be held on September 2020.
NEET 2020 New Exam Date
HRD Minister announced that NEET and JEE Main exams are again postponed due to rise in Corona virus cases in India. NEET 2020 would see more than 16 lakh students appearing for the medical entrance examination. With the large number of students and considering the safety of aspirants, the decision was taken to postpone the exams till September 2020. The exam will be conducted on September 13, 2020.
Overview of NEET 2020
|Name of the examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Language options available||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Subjects/ Sections||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
NEET 2020 Important Dates
|Release of NEET 2020 application form||02-Dec-2019 (4pm)|
|Deadline to register for NEET 2020||06-Jan-2020 (11:50pm)|
|Correction window||15-Jan-2020 to 31-Jan-2020|
|Application window reopened for registered candidates||03-Feb-2020 to 09-Feb-2020|
|Correction window (Extended)||01-Apr-2020 to 03-May-2020|
|NEET 2020 admit card||To be announced soon|
|NEET 2020 exam||September 13, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced soon|
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
The preparation phase of any examination can be broken down into two parts: preparation tips and the best books. To excel in any examination a candidate needs to brew a perfect combination of these two.
Best books for NEET 2020
Choosing the right book to start the preparation is the key to success. Candidates should ask their mentors and seniors about the reference books used by them. In the table given below, we have listed a few NEET books 2020, suggested by toppers and experts.
||Organic Chemistry by Morrison
Objective Chemistry by R.K. Gupta
Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
Boyd for Organic Chemistry
ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
|40 Days Biology for NEET by S. Chakravarty
Pradeep’s Publication Biology
Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET by M.P Tyagi
Objective Botany by Ansari
GR Bathla publications for Biology
Objective Biology by Dinesh
NEET 2020 application fee
|Category||Application fee (In Rs)|
|General EWS/ OBC||1400|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||800|
NEET Exam Pattern 2020
There will be 180 objective type questions. The duration of exam will be 3 hours. For every correct response candidates will be awarded 4 marks & 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response. Check the exam pattern for NEET 2020 below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
Dedication and hard work are essential for a candidate to be successful in NEET 2020. Since it is the only medical entrance test for undergraduate courses, NEET 2020 is a tough nut to crack. Here, the success of a candidate largely depends on the NEET preparation strategy of the individual. Here are a few NEET preparation tips suggested by experts and toppers:
- Understand the subject and its concepts
- Complete the syllabus from NCERT books before shifting to reference books
- Refer to the NEET question papers of previous years
- Take NEET mock tests regularly
- Focus on the Biology section
- As per the NEET exam pattern, Biology has the maximum weightage of marks so you need to be very good in biology but at the same time do not neglect physics and chemistry.
- Full-Length Mock tests will help you know where you stand and which are the places you are going wrong.
- One way effort will not work. To have a good NEET Score you have to focus on all the three subjects. Along with an excellent performance in Biology, you also score good marks in Chemistry and physics.
- Practice tests, mock tests, and NEET previous year question papers will help you a lot. Take topic wise practice tests to bring in clarity in the concept studied.
- Solve at least 10 years of previous year question papers to have a very good knowledge of the actual NEET exam.
NEET 2020 Cut Off
NEET cut off 2020 is the minimum score needed to qualify for NEET 2020. The cut off will be released on the official website along with the NEET result. The officials will decide the NEET cut off based on various factors such as student, the difficulty level of the exam, etc. Check the previous year NEET cut off below to have an idea regarding the NEET cut off 2020:
|Category||NEET Cut off 2019|
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|