Indian History is a part of the syllabus for many exams and so people constantly search for ways to learn this seemingly boring concept. A Quiz is a fun way to learn and so here we have a quiz based on Medieval Indian History.
1. Which among the following rulers of the Chola Empire conquered the Maldives during his regime?
Correct Answer: A [Raja Raja Chola I]
Raja Raja Chola I, popularly known as Raja Raja the Great, is one of the greatest emperors of the Tamil Chola Empire of India who ruled between 985 and 1014 CE.
2. Ibn Battuta, the famous Muslim explorer who came to India during the regime of Mohammad Bin Tughlaq, belonged to which country?
Correct Answer: B [Morocco]
Ibn Battuta was a Muslim Moroccan explorer. He is known for his extensive travels, accounts of which were published in the Rihla. Battuta is considered one of the greatest travellers of all time. He came to India during the regime of Muhammad bin Tughlaq.
3. Who among the following was the Sultan at Delhi when the Vijayanagar empire was founded?
4. Which among the following Mughal Emperor was also known as Roshan Akhtar?
Correct Answer: B [ Muhammad Shah]
Muhammad Shah Rangile is also known as Roshan Akhtar, was the Mughal emperor between 1719 and 1748. During his time, Nadir Shah attacked and looted Delhi and took the Peacock Throne with himself.
5. The real name of Afzal Khan, the commander of Adil Shahi dynasty of Bijapur was __?
Correct Answer: A [Abdullah Bhatari]
Afzal Khan was a medieval Indian commander who served the Adil Shahi dynasty of Bijapur and fought against Shivaji. He was killed at a meeting with Shivaji and his army was defeated in the Battle of Pratapgad 1656.
Are you enjoying the quiz? You could try out the Entri App today to start all your preparations. It’s quick and easy!
6. Which among the following is a correct meaning of office of Qazi-ul-Quzat under the Mughals?
Correct Answer: C [Supreme Authority in Justice]
The chief judge of the empire Qazi-ul-Quzat was the supreme authority of injustice. Since it was difficult for the emperor to do-away with justice in all the cases, he appointed Qazi-ul-Quzat to do them justice as per the Muslim Law.
7. During the invasion of Mohammed Bin Kasim, many Hindus in Sindh were forcibly converted to Islam. They were reconverted to Hinduism by the authority of __?
Correct Answer: A [Devala Smriti]
During the invasion of Mohammed Bin Kasim in ad 712, many Hindus in Sindh were converted to Islam through questionable means. All of them were reconverted to Hinduism on the authority of Deval Smriti written by Deval Rishi. Deval Smriti writes down rules for reconversion into Hindu fold of the Hindus forcibly converted into Islam if someone showed his or her desire to be reconverted to Hinduism with due atonement.
8. The irrigation tax was charged on the farmers for the first time by which among the following Sultans?
Correct Answer: D [Firoz Tughlaq]
9. Which among the following was the work of Sultan Feroz Shah Tughlaq?
Correct Answer: A [Fautuhat-i-Ferozshahi]
Fautuhat-i-Ferozshahi was authored by Sultan Feroz Shah Tughlaq himself. He was a Turkic Muslim ruler of the Tughlaq Dynasty, who reigned over the Sultanate of Delhi from 1351 to 1388 A.D.
10. Who among the following Sultans of Delhi assumed the title Sikandar-i-Sani?
Correct Answer: B [Alauddin Khalji]
Alauddin Khilji was a militarist and imperialist to the core. He was very ambitious. Alauddin, whose original name was Ali Gurshap, assumed the title Sikandar-i-Sani (Alexander the Second) and proclaimed Delhi as Dar-ul-Khilafa (Seat of the Caliphate).
To continue your learning, go to the Entri App. Its easy, quick and effective. Keep Learning and Have a nice day! 🙂
Discussion about this post