RPF SI exam is conducted by the Ministry of Railways for selecting the eligible candidates for the post of Sub-Inspectors (SI) under Level 6 of 7th CPC in Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) to the 21 zones of Indian Railways. RPF SI 2022 notification is assumed to be released soon. The Ministry of Railways conducts exams to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Sub-Inspectors (SI). SI recruitment is done for Group A, B, C, D, E & F under the SI post. Eligible candidates can apply through the online mode between the notified dates. This will a great opportunity for candidates aspiring to join the railway protection force. For every exam, the syllabus and the exam pattern will be crucial and aspirants should know the duration, maximum marks, cut off, etc. Read the article completely to know more about the RPF SI 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
RPF SI 2022 – Exam Overview
|RPF SI Overview||Description|
|Name of the Post||RPF SI (Railway Protection Force – Sub-Inspectors)|
|Job Location||Various zones of Indian Railways|
|Official notification||It Will be released soon|
|Level of exam||National
conducted by the Ministry of Railways
|Groups||Group A, B, C, D, E & F|
RPF SI 2022 Recruitment Process
The recruitment process involves three phases. The date, time, venue for these selection procedures will be announced by the CRC in due course.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Document Verification (DV)
RPF SI 2022 Exam Pattern
Phase 1 – The Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam Pattern
- The standard of examination will be of graduation level.
- Candidates appearing will have a chance to choose a language for Computer Based Test (CBT) from the following list of languages- Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri, and Punjabi.
- Negative marks of 1/3 marks, will be deducted for every wrong answer from the total marks assigned for the question and no marks will be subtracted for unanswered questions.
|Subject||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|General Awareness||50||120||90 minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||35|
Phase 1 Cut off Marks
- Candidates belonging to the General Category should get a 35% for the computer-based test to qualify in the exam.
- And, it is necessary to get 30% marks for the SC and ST categories for qualifying the CBT.
Phase – 2- Physical Efficiency Test(PET) & Physical Measurement (PMT)
The second stage is the physical test. For that, only the candidates scoring above the cut-off marks in the Computer Based Test(CBT) will be called for PET and PMT. It is compulsory for candidates to pass the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for them to be shortlisted for the final document verification.
The criteria for PET is as given below:
|Category (Exe)||Run – 1600 meters||Run – 800 meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Male Sub-Inspector||6 min 30 secs||–||12 ft||3 ft 9 inch|
|Female Sub-Inspector||–||4 mins||9 ft||3 ft|
Important Note for PMT & PET
- Candidates note that the PET/PMT is qualifying in nature, that is no marks will be awarded for this phase of selection. And the selected candidates must qualify in all tests mentioned to be eligible for consideration.
- There will be only one chance given for the 1600/800 meters event for each candidate. For all the remaining events like Long Jump and High jump, they will be given up to 2 chances each.
- Candidates belonging to the Ex-servicemen category will be exempted from PET. However, they will have to undergo PMT.
- All those who qualify in 1600 meters/800 meters will be measured for eligibility with respect to height and chest. Chest measurement will be exercised only for male candidates. If a male candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below the eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.
- Male candidates without the minimum height will not be considered for measurement of the chest and shall be treated as disqualified.
- A candidate who does not have minimum height, chest (unexpanded/expanded) shall be treated as having failed in PMT.
- For redressal of grievances related to Height and Chest measurements, candidates can contact the grievance redressal cell.
Phase 3 – Document Verification
Candidates qualified in the above 2 phases will have to attend the document verification. The above procedure was purely provisional, and now candidates have to submit all the certificates, in original, to prove the eligibility – Age proof certificate (10th/ matriculation), caste certificate, domicile certificate, NOC, photographs, Ex-servicemen certificates, etc.
RPF SI 2022 Syllabus
Questions from this General Awareness will be aimed at testing the candidate’s basic general knowledge of the environment around him/her and its application to society.
It tests the knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person.
Candidates can expect questions relating to Indian History, Art and Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science, including inventions, dates and important days, themes, awards, and honors, etc.
- Number systems, decimal, whole numbers, and fractions
- Relationships between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Simple and compound interest
- Profit and loss, discount
- Table and graphs
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities, and differences
- Spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving analysis
- Judgment, decision making
- Visual memory
- Discriminating observation, relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Blood relations
Hope you have benefited from this article regarding the exam pattern and syllabus for the Railway Protection Force Sub-inspector posts. Start preparing for the RPF 2022 examinations, to get a secured job with the largest employer.
RPF SI 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQ’s
When will be the RPF SI Phase 1 exam held?
The exam date for the RPF SI is yet to be released. Stay tuned to this page for all updates.
What are the subjects included for the RPF computer based test 2021?
General Awareness, Arithematic, General Intelligence and Reasoning
What is the time duration of the RPF SI CBT?
The examination will be 90 minutes.
What is the total marks awarded for the RPF CBT 2021?
For the phase 1 of RPF SI 2021, there will be 120 marks.
Is there negative marks for the wrong answers?
Yes, 1/3rd marks will be reduced for each wrong answers.
|RPF SI Exam Information Links|
|RPF SI Notification||RPF SI Mock Test|
|RPF SI Exam Date||RPF SI Video Course|
|RPF SI Application Form||RPF SI Study Materials|
|RPF SI Vacancy||RPF SI Interview Questions|
|RPF SI Admit Card||RPF SI Job Profile|
|RPF SI Study Plan||RPF SI Salary|
|RPF SI Previous Question Papers||RPF SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RPF SI Best Books||RPF SI Result|
|RPF SI Eligibility Criteria||RPF SI Cutoff|
|RPF SI Selection Process||RPF SI Exam Analysis|
|RPF SI Answer Key|