Are you preparing for any competitive exams like PSC,SSC,RRB or Banking? Then it is important to stay updated and aware of the daily news happening around the world. Current affair is an important topic coming on all competitive exams like Kerala PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc. Aspirants should learn current affairs on a
Weekly Current Affairs Updated for Kerala PSC,TNPSC,KPSC,SSC,RRB and Banking (February 10 – February 16,2019 ) :
1.Hindi language is included as the third official language in court system in Abu Dhabi
- Hindi language is included as the third official language in the Abu Dhabi court system with a motive to improve access to justice for foreign workers.
- .Authorities have created bilingual language guides to explain complex legal terms in an effort to help people understand court process.
2. Kerala government’s ASCEND 2019
- The initiative would make the state a top investment destination and empower entrepreneurs to launch their enterprises in a speedy and hassle-free manner.
- Billed as a premier business event, the day-long meet would display landmark administrative and policy reforms that have considerably improved ease of doing business in Kerala and raised its profile among industry leaders and young entrepreneurs for setting up shop.
3. 61st Annual Grammy Awards
- The 61st Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony to recognize the best recording, compositions and artists of the eligibility year (1st October 2017 to 30th September 2018) was held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, USA.
- Childish Gambino and Kacey Musgraves won the most awards (4 each). On 8th February 2019, Dolly Parton was conferred with the ”MusiCares Person of the Year”.
- For the first time both “Song of the Year” and “Record of the year” was awarded to a rap song, “This is America”
4. 72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award (BAFTA)
- 72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards ceremony, popularly referred to as BAFTA Awards 2018 was held on 10th February 2019 in London, United Kingdom.
- The ceremony was hosted by English actress Joanna Lumley. Netflix drama ‘Roma’ won the best film prize along with director, Alfonso Cuaron and co-stars Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz won in their respective categories.
- With seven BAFTAs, The Favourite by the director Yorgos Lanthimos emerged as the top winner on the awards night.
5. Andrew Harris of Australia won the title in Chennai Open ATP Challenger tennis tournament.
- France’s Corentin Moutet beat Andrew Harris of Australia to win the title in Chennai Open ATP Challenger tennis tournament.
- It was the second Challenger title for Moutet, who received USD 7,200 and 80 ATP points. The runner up Andrew received USD 4,240 and 48 ATP points.
- India’s campaign was ended when top seed Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Sasikumar Mukund bowed out after losing their respective Singles semi-final matches.
6. P. Bhaskaran Award 2019 for Sheela
- Sheela Devi, known mononymously as Sheela, is an Indian film actress who works predominantly in Malayalam cinema. Paired with Prem Nazir, they hold the Guinness World Record for acting in the largest number of films together as heroine and hero.
- P. Bhaskaran Award winners :
2018 -MK Arjunan (Music Director)
2017 -Sreekumaran Thampi
2016 – ONV Kurup (posthumously awarded)
2015 – Director KS Radhakrishnan Sethumadhavan
2014 – MS Viswanathan
2013 – Jagathy Sreekumar
2012 – V Dakshinamoorthy
7. Sanjay Subrahmanyam won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize 2019
- Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize in the category ‘Past time dimension’ for his work in macro-history.
- He shared the USD 1 million award in the ‘Past time dimension’ category with Prof Kenneth Pomeranz of the University of Chicago.Mr Subrahmanyam is a recipient of the Infosys Prize for humanities and holds the Irving and Jean Stone Endowed Chair in Social Sciences at the University of California.
8. Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY) in Bihar
- Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar announced an Universal Old Age Pension scheme, named Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY), irrespective for all caste, community, religion, except for those who are retired from government organizations.
- The scheme facilitates the amount of Rs. 400 monthly pension for all in the state above the age of 60 who are not getting pension from the government.
9. President appointed Sushil Chandra as new Election Commissioner
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Sushil Chandra, the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), to be designated as the new Election Commissioner on 14th February, 2019.
- Mr. Sushil Chandra is an IIT graduate and a 1980 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) official of Income Tax Cadre, was recently retired from CBDT.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!