Every year, the SSC CPO(Central Police Organisation) Exam is conducted to recruit potential candidates to the post of Sub-Inspector (Executive) in Delhi Police, Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), and ASI (Assistant Sub Inspector) in CISF (Central Industrial Security Force). SSC CPO is a wonderful opportunity for those who want to serve the police and the paramilitary forces. We bring you here the SSC CPO Tier 2 Previous Year Question Paper for all those preparing for the SSC CPO Exam.
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF): Additional Information
- CAPF is a Paramilitary force and comes under the Home Ministry. India has five central armed forces namely BSF, CISF, CRPF, TBF and SSB comes under the CAPF.
- Here BSF Stands for Border Security Force, CISF stands for Central Industrial Security force, ITBF stands for Indo-Tibetan border force, while SSB stands for Sahashtra Seema Bal and comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF): Additional Information
- CISF is a Paramilitary force that comes directly under the Home Ministry.
- The CISF provides security cover to 300 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
- CISF protects Industrial sectors like atomic power plants, space installations, mines, oil fields and refineries, major ports, heavy engineering, steel plants, barrages, fertiliser units, airports, and hydroelectric/thermal power plants owned and controlled by PSUs and currency note presses producing Indian currency</li>
CISF also provides consultancy services to private industries as well as other organisations within the Indian government.
- Another unique thing that the CISF has is a Fire Wing which helps during fire accidents in Industries where CISF is on guard.
- CISF is just a unique organisation in paramilitary forces for India, which works for seaways, airways and some of the major installations in India.
SSC CPO Exam: Important Dates
|Dates for submission of online applications||17th September 2019 to 16th October 2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-1)||11th December 2019 to 13th December 2019|
|Date of PET & PST||To be notified later|
|Date of Paper-2||To be notified later|
SSC CPO Exam: Schedule and Pattern
- There are 4 Stages for SSC CPO Exam Pattern in which 2 of them will conduct as the online exam- Paper-I, PET/ PST, Paper-II, and Medical Examination.
- SSC CPO Paper 1 is Objective Multiple Choice Question paper. A total number of questions in Paper-I is 200 questions for 1 mark each with a time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Paper-II includes English Language and Comprehension(Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Error Recognition). There are 200 questions for 1 mark each for the time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- PET/PST Test is conducted to check the endurance (medical and physical strength) of candidate
- It will observe the negative marking of 0.25
SSC CPO Exam Tier 2 Exam: Important Information
- Only those candidates who qualified SSC CPO Tier I Exam and the SSC CPO Physical Test are eligible to appear in CPO Tier 2 Exam. This exam consists of only one paper based on an English subject.
- The exam is conducted in online mode.
- A total of 200 questions were asked.
- The time duration of the exam was 2 hours.
- On clearing the PET, PST round, candidates will have to undergo document verification and medical examination after which a final selection list will be released
SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus
- English Language and Comprehension
- Error Recognition
- Fill in the Blanks
- GrammarSentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words
SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper 2- A preview
Candidates can have a peek preview of some of the previous question papers. For more, download Entri today to help ace your exam preparation.
Topicwise weight-age of questions from previous SSC CPO Tier 2 Exam
|Topic||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Spotting the Errors||20||Moderate|
|(Synonyms/ Antonyms)||7||Easy (from previous year paper)|
|Idioms & Phrases||12||Easy|
|One word substitution||8||Easy|
|Active & Passive Voice||28||Easy|
|Direct – Indirect Speech||27||Easy|
|Cloze Test||25|| 2 Cloze Test– 10 questions
1 Cloze Test – 5 questions
|Reading Comprehension||25||5 Passages – 5 questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||5||Moderate|
You are now almost near the finishing line. As you see having a strong foundation in English would help you ace this exam. Download Entri today to access some tips in English that will help in the exam. Entri is there to help you in every phase of the exam.