Table of Contents
Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle Science which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and science for healthy living. As yoga continues to increase in popularity throughout the world, naturally the number of yoga teachers and training courses rises too.
A yoga trainer is a fitness and wellness professional who leads group classes in yoga. They teach students how to perform the various stretching poses, practice meditation and promote mindfulness in addition to overall wellbeing. These professionals are also often referred to as “yoga instructors” and “yogis.”
Fundamentals Of Yoga
Yoga works on the level of one’s body, mind, emotion and energy. This has given rise to four broad classifications of Yoga: Karma Yoga where we utilise the body; Jnāna Yoga where we utilise the mind; Bhakti Yoga where we utilise the emotion and Kriya Yoga where we utilise the energy.
Every individual is a unique combination of these four factors. Only a guru (teacher) can advocate the appropriate combination of the four fundamental paths as is necessary for each seeker. “All ancient commentaries on Yoga have stressed that it is essential to work under the direction of a guru.”
How To Become A Yoga Teacher
People who wish to take yoga teacher as a career path must follow the most common instructions given below.
- Education – Formal education is not necessary for a yoga trainer. Consider earning a degree that fits your career goals, whether yoga instruction is part of your employment or your sole passion. Some employers may prefer candidates to have a high school diploma or GED or a bachelor’s degree.
- Yoga practice – If you’re interested in becoming a yoga instructor, begin your practice if you have not already. Seek out a gym or studio, and enroll in classes regularly.
- Complete A Training Program – To earn credentials and become qualified for employment, complete a 200-hour training course, preferably certified by the RYS.
- Earn Certificate – Go through the Yoga Alliance to apply for and maintain your internationally recognized certification. Earn the RYT 200, or pursue another training program to earn your RYT 500.
- Experience – A particular number of years and hours of teaching can help you get certified as an E-RYT, possibly increasing your earning potential. The most effective way to refine your yoga teaching is through leading classes and helping students master their practice.
- Specialization – Do training programs for children’s yoga or prenatal yoga to learn the needs of those types of students and certifying as an RCYT or RPYT to further specialize your teaching practice.
Role Of Yoga Trainer
- Design courses & lesson plans.
- Analyze the fitness level & requirements of all participants.
- Demonstrate and perform all yoga exercises to participants.
- Design safe and comprehensive yoga programs for various participants.
- Monitor participant performance and recommend different yoga exercise.
Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
1. Yoga Philosophy
Origin of Yoga
Different Paths of Yoga
Obstacles in Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga (8 Limbs)
- Hatha Yoga
2. HUMAN ANATOMY-PHYSIOLOGY AND YOGA
Joints and Range of Motion
- Physiology of Asana
Physiology of Pranayama
Stress and Homeostasis
Physiology of Meditation
Lesson Planning, Practical and Written Assessment
3. MANTRA RECITATION CURRICULUM
Mantra is a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation. The reverberating sound harmonious the body and mind.
4. ASANA AND PRANAYAMA PRACTICE SESSIONS
- Dynamic Postures
- Standing Postures
- Inverted Postures
Adho mukha vrkshasana
- Twisting Postures
Ardh matsyendra asana
Parivritti janu sirshasana
- Back bend postures
- Forward Bend Postures
Ardh padam Paschimotanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Balancing Postures
Bak Dhayan Asana
- Relaxation Postures
- Pranayama Practices
- Dhyana Practices
- Yog Nidra Practices
Q: How many years of experience do I need to join the Yoga TTC course?
Ans : The Yoga Teacher Training course is suitable for everyone as we are committed to teaching you from the root to all the aspects of Yoga, so the experience is unnecessary.
Q: Is yoga a Hindu practice?
Q: Is yoga trainer a good career?
Ans: Yoga is among one of the highest-paying professions in the modern world, both in India and internationally. yoga instructors are needed in all educational institutions, hospitals, gyms, health care centres, companies and housing societies.
Q: Which country demands yoga teacher?
Ans: The demand is huge from China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore also. In these countries, there are so many yoga studios hiring Indian yoga teachers on monthly basis salary.
Q: Do you need to go to the gym if you’re doing a yoga workout?
Q: Can the practice of yoga help in alleviating incurable diseases?
Q: What should be the duration of a yoga practice session?
|Top 10 benefits of becoming a Yoga Teacher||Yoga trainer job opportunities abroad|
|Top 10 Mantras Every Yoga Teacher Should Use||Types of Yoga Teachers|
|4 Paths of Yoga – Karma, Jnana, Bhakti & Raja Yoga||Yoga Ethics and Principles|