Table of Contents
As Yoga trainer is among one of the highest-paying professions in the modern world, both in India and internationally. Interestingly, you may start making money from yoga without starting a business. Yoga has helped thousands of individuals all around the world heal naturally. For many people, learning yoga has now become essential. Through its preventative, promotional, and curative elements to support the healthcare system, the concepts and practices of many schools of yoga have made significant contributions to the welfare of mankind.
The extensive studies and research in the field of yoga have demonstrated that the yoga system has proven to be quite successful in the management and treatment of a variety of psycho-emotional illnesses, including lifestyle disorders.
Yoga Trainer Job Opportunities Abroad
Yoga Trainer is one of noble career that contributes to both your physical well-being and the health of others. Being a successful yoga teacher merely requires having organised understanding of the practise, together with appropriate instruction and consistent practise. People in this great career have plenty of opportunities.
You could better comprehend the commercial side of teaching yoga with the aid of Yoga Teacher Training. Therefore, you can enrol in a Yoga Teacher Certification Programme even if you have a diploma and a masters degree in Yoga.
You will get many work opportunities with private Yoga training societies, hotels, schools, hospitals or other Government agencies as well as practice individually as a:
- Yoga Coach
- Yoga Instructor
- Trainer – Yoga and Wellness
- Yoga Therapist
- Yoga Teacher
Roles of a Yoga Trainer
- A yoga trainer is knowledgeable and skilled enough in the practise of yoga to teach others who are new to it.Yoga instructors perform many roles since they must set a good example for their students. As a guide, a mentor, and a class supporter, the yoga instructor is crucial in determining how people in his class learn.
- Despite having diverse goals, when people enrol in yoga lessons, they share some needs, such as good physical and mental health and emotional balance. In order to accomplish these goals, teachers typically base their lesson plans on the principles they have learned and are trained in.
- In order to meet the needs of the integrated personality, which involves the mind and body as a whole through the identification with human nature, the yoga teacher must possess a number of vital qualities.
- Yoga instructors are needed in all educational institutions, hospitals, gyms, health care centres, companies and housing societies.
Yoga Trainer as a Career
- Mostly professionals who have been sharing their knowledge of the science of meditation and yoga are called yogis or Yoga Teachers.
- With the rise in reputation of holistic and alternative medical care, a lot of weight is being given to yoga teachers and so it has resulted in becoming a great career choice.
- Yoga is an ancient art, and a natural way of remaining fit and healthy.
- It also helps in improving mental health.
- Curing health-related problems naturally is taught as part of the programme.
- An integral part of Yoga is practicing physical exercises (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayam).
- Fitness is the call of today’s world, raising the need for a yoga instructor or teacher on the global platform.
Career Scope- Opportunities
Based on the Yoga training you have received, you can opt for the field of research, training or works as a Yoga therapist. You can find work in resorts, gyms, schools, health centres, housing societies and large organizations. Television channels also hire Yoga trainers, and renowned personalities prefer to hire personal Yoga instructors. Self-employment is an option many opt for as well. A great stress buster, Yoga is gaining ground among the ever-increasing number of foreign tourists who seek peaceful holidays, adding to the demand for Yoga specialists. There is no dearth of scope for the people in this noble profession.
- Research Officer- Yoga and Naturopathy
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor
- Assistant Ayurvedic Doctor
- Clinical Psychologist
- Yoga Therpaist
- Yoga Instructor
- Yoga Teacher
- Therapists and Naturopaths
- Trainer/ Instructor Health Club
Yoga Trainer Salary Abroad
In abroad, they can get a good salary package in this field. As a reputed instructor in this field with masters or Ph.D degree earning can be touched up to 1 lakh per month. Earning will also depend upon the location, sector, company, education, etc. The highest paying jobs are in educational support services, followed by religious organizations.
Salaries for yoga teachers depend on whether they are self-employed or work for a gym, school, studio or other fitness organization. Their salary also often depends on the type of students in addition to their education, experience and certification.
- In the United States, the salary of a Yoga teacher touches an average of $24.96 per hour, which in Indian currency is Rs. 2,048, while the salary of a Yoga teacher in Europe varies from Euro 30 to Euro 70, making anywhere, from a national average annual sum of $60K or Euro 70K equivalent to Rs.49,23,750 in Indian currency.
- To reach the astounding figure, you would have to teach 26 yoga classes and sessions per week for a whole year at the rate of $50 per class, tantamounting to Rs.4,102.82 Indian rupees.
- In India, a Yoga teacher’s monthly salary ranges between Rs.0.3 lakhs to Rs.0.9 lakhs creating an average annual salary of Rs.3.0 lakhs. Salary estimates are based on 664 latest salaries received from Yoga instructors.
Apart from the academic qualifications, it is also necessary that you have some of the following skills which include:
- Good Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Skills to motivate others to believe in yoga
- Strong Determination
- Have a will power to practice the most difficult “asanas” or yogic positions
On a professional level, you can usually specialize in any one of the following patterns:
- Yoga exercises for physical fitness
- Spiritual yoga
- Yoga therapy
- Yoga especially designed for kids
- Yoga designed to benefit of seniors
- Yoga for the couples
- Corporate yoga
- Prenatal and/or postnatal yoga
- Private lessons of yoga
- Retreats or workshops
Yoga teachers should have excellent customer service skills to bring in new students and build a rapport with current ones. They may use empathy to best connect with the needs of their students and patience when teaching new poses to beginners.
These professionals are required to lead their classes by example, performing the poses alongside their students. They should give positive yet constructive feedback as their students refine their practice. Yoga teachers often employ motivation techniques as well to encourage students to challenge themselves and find their inner strength.
Yoga teachers perform poses while in class as well as outside of class to challenge and perfect their own practice. Physical stamina and flexibility allow these fitness professionals to consistently perform pose combinations, some more advanced than others. They may also help students while balancing or complete partnered practice, so strength can also assist them in these tasks as well.
Active listening skills
To best fit the needs of their students, yoga teachers should listen to understand the types of benefits students want to gain from their practice. They often employ active listening skills to pause and think about what their students say before finding the best response and taking the most effective action.
Public speaking skills
These professionals can lead small or large groups of students and must be comfortable speaking in front of people. They should also be able to annunciate often while performing poses and walking around a space to observe and assist students. They should also be sure to move eye contact around the space from student to student to better engage them.
Duties of Yoga Trainer
- Design courses & lesson plans.
- Analyze the fitness level & requirements of all participants.
- Demonstrate and perform all yoga exercises to participants.
- Design safe and comprehensive yoga programs for various participants.
- Monitor participant performance and recommend different yoga exercise.
Best Places to Find Yoga Trainer Jobs
Yoga teaching when compared to other professions is less lucrative but it is the mental satisfaction attached with the profession that draws the attention of individuals. But also know that if good in your field there is an option of doing better as this field has been taken to the liking of many and people have realised the importance of yoga.
You can find yoga instructor jobs all around the world, especially in countries like the UK, USA and Australia. Some of the most popular yoga destinations to apply include:
- Bali, Indonesia
- Sri Lanka
- Sayulita and Tulum in Mexico
- The Amalfi Coast in Italy
- Hoi An in Vietnam
Yoga Trainer Work Environment
Depending on their yoga practice and preferences, these professionals teach a variety of students at different practice levels, including children, young adults, athletes, geriatric practitioners and pregnant practitioners. Their job is inherently physical, so standing, stretching, walking and other physical activities are common.
These fitness professionals can work in a variety of environments, including:
Gym or fitness club
These organizations frequently hold yoga and other group fitness classes, making them an accessible opportunity for yoga teachers. These professionals may bring their own form of practice or apply it to teach classes focused on their specialty. Those who want to work with a variety of practice levels may appreciate these opportunities.
Many schools elementary, middle and high schools, both public and private, and colleges – offer yoga as a fitness elective or part of their physical education curriculum. Yoga teachers who want to work with beginner-level students may benefit from these job opportunities.
These professionals may share class schedules with fellow yogis, rent studio space to teach or open their own studio to serve the clientele. Some yoga studios specialize in one or a few types of practice, while others may provide open teaching opportunities. Here, these professionals may find more opportunities to teach intermediate or advanced practitioners.
As part of their fitness programming, some community centers may employ a yoga teacher to lead classes for community members, often providing classes for certain age groups rather than those with yoga practice preferences. Those interested in working with more beginner-level students may also find these opportunities fulfilling.
Some yoga teachers may teach classes at one or a few of these organizations. Yoga teachers may work full or part time, depending on the needs of their employer or whether they set their own schedules.
How to become a Yoga Trainer
Here are the most common steps to take when considering this career path:
1. Consider Education.
Though formal education is not often necessary, some employers may prefer candidates to have a high school diploma or GED or a bachelor’s degree. Consider earning a degree that fits your career goals, whether yoga instruction is part of your employment or your sole passion.
2. Practice Yoga
Yoga teachers must be interested in the practice and teachings of yoga and are often most effective when they have been practicing for a few years. If you’re interested in becoming a yoga instructor, begin your practice if you have not already. Seek out a gym or studio, and enroll in classes regularly.
3. Complete a Training Program
These programs offer in-depth teachings and practice that challenge current practitioners and enable them to share their expertise with others. To earn credentials and become qualified for employment, complete a 200-hour training course, preferably certified by the RYS.
4. Earn Certification
You can go through the Yoga Alliance to apply for and maintain your internationally recognized certification. Earn the RYT 200, or pursue another training program to earn your RYT 500.
5. Gain Experience
The most effective way to refine your yoga teaching is through leading classes and helping students master their practice. A certain number of years and hours of teaching can help you get certified as an E-RYT, possibly increasing your earning potential.
6. Specialize your teaching
Consider also completing training programs for children’s yoga or prenatal yoga to learn the needs of those types of students and certifying as an RCYT or RPYT to further specialize your teaching practice.
Q. How much does a yoga instructor make abroad?
Ans: Depending on where you live, you could charge in the region of £5-£15 (UK) / $10-$20 (USA) per class.
Q. Is yoga trainer a good career?
Ans: Yoga is among one of the highest-paying professions in the modern world, both in India and internationally. yoga instructors are needed in all educational institutions, hospitals, gyms, health care centres, companies and housing societies.
Q. Which country is best for yoga career?
Ans: New York City has a reputation as the center of the world, and in regards to yoga, the largest salaries, and the most job opportunities. If you can bear the high cost of living in the Big Apple, you could easily land a job at one of its yoga studios.
Q. Which yoga certification is valid internationally?
Ans: After successful completion of our 200-hour Yoga teacher training in India or 200-hour Yoga teacher training in Europe you will receive a 200-hour Yoga teacher training certification which is recognized by Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Federation, International Yoga Association, CRKBO.
Q. Which country demands yoga teacher?
Ans: But after that the demand is huge from China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore also. In these countries, there are so many yoga studios hiring Indian yoga teachers on monthly basis salary.
Q. What is the future of yoga instructor?
Ans: You will get many work opportunities with private Yoga training societies, hotels, schools, hospitals or other Government agencies as well as practice individually as a: Yoga Coach. Yoga Instructor. Trainer – Yoga and Wellness.
Q. Is yoga instructor a good career?
Ans: Yoga is among one of the highest-paying professions in the modern world, both in India and internationally.