This is your one stop destination for detailed information on how one should go about preparing for the SSC MTS Exam and ace the preparation for cracking the SSC MTS examination. Every year the SSC (State Selection Commission) recruits MTS (Multi Tasking staff) to the non technical positions in the Central government. Once you successively clear the exams, one is hired to the CCAS cadre (Group ‘C’ Employee).
SSC MTS Exam Pattern:
There are 2 parts to this exam.
Tier 1: The Online Objective Exam
Tier 2: The Descriptive paper
|TIER 1: Objective Exam|
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||90 mins|
|TIER 2: Descriptive Paper|
|Subject||Max. Marks||Total time|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in 8th Schedule of Constitution||50||30 mins|
The cumulative score of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 examinations will be taken into consideration for the final selection of candidate through SSC MTS 2019 Exam
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
It would include questions of non-verbal type. This will include questions on:
Similarities and differences
Problem solving, analysis, judgment
Figurative Pattern – folding and completion
Semantic Series, Number Series, Figurative Series, Embedded figures
Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy
This paper will include questions on problems relating to:
Computation of Whole Numbers
Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers
Fundamental Arithmetical operations
Ratio and Proportion
Mixtures and Allegation
Profit and Loss
Use of Tables and Graphs
Time and Distance
Ratio and Time
Time and Work
General English Language:
Here the candidate will be tested on his/ her understanding of the basics of English as a language which would include vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability would be tested.
Fill in the Blanks
Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms
Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words
Idioms and Phrases
One Word Substitution
Improvement of Sentences
Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
Conversion into Direct/ Indirect Narration
- Indian constitution
- Appointments, People in news
- Indian Freedom Struggle
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
How to Crack SSC MTS Exam?
Follow these steps to prepare for SSC MTS exam and crack the exam successfully :
Familiarise with the Exam Syllabus and Pattern : Prior to taking any exam, it is imperative that the candidate familiarises oneself with the syllabus of the exam and what is expected of him and also the exam pattern.
• Formulate the Study Plan: A careful analysis of what are one’s strengths and weak points need to be done. Making the perfect study plan includes what to study first, how much you need to spend on a particular topic, how much time you need to spend daily. Only then can one plan on what are the things that need more time.
• Understanding the concepts IS VERY IMPORTANT: He/ She should first focus on strengthening the skills in each section.
• General Knowledge remains good in various SSC Exams. It is therefore very important for students to prepare well for the General Knowledge Section of SSC Exams as only then one can expect a good score and selection in SSC Exams.
• Reasoning Ability: This section tests the judgment and other skills related to presence of mind and analytical ability of a candidate. This is where solving more papers becomes helpful
• Time management is crucial. The questions for the online exams will be set both in English and Hindi. As there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each writing answer, speed as well as accuracy is critical, for those who want to clear the exams.
• Taking Mock Exams: Like all other exams, solving previous years question papers is essential. Do mock exams on this exam keeping time in mind. This exercise helps one in identifying the weak areas. Working on the problematic areas help better your chances to crack the exam. A mock test telly you about your level of preparation, indicates areas which need attention, helps you plan new strategy to overcome your weak ones
• Acing your English: English plays a vital role in any exam and it is the most scoring section in the paper. It will also help preparing for any interview process. So brushing and strengthening the grammar is vital to clear any exam.
• Keeping one up to date: Every candidate aspiring to crack any exam should stay updated with the daily news events and current affairs. Reading the editorial sections is really essential, it helps you to improve your language
• Every exam has a style and a code of its own. It goes without saying that regular practice is the key word. The more you practice, the fewer errors you make.
The trick in handling any exam is finding out what questions are often asked, concentrating on how they are asked, identifying the crucial points and using effective time management and cracking the exam.
Once you crack that vital code and plan the right strategy you are all set to crack any exam.