Railway has announced 13,487 vacancies across various RRB’s for the post of Junior Engineer. Eligible candidates can apply for these posts on or before January 31, 2019. For securing their positions in the final merit list candidates have to pass through two stages of Computer-Based Tests(CBT).
For both stage 01 and Part A for stage 02 examination is common for all the candidates and shares the same syllabus.
For stage 01 tests, there will be 100 questions from Mathematics (30 questions), Reasoning (25 questions), General Awareness (15 questions) and General Science(30 questions). For all the sections NCERT textbooks from class 06 to 10 should be used as the foundation before going for any other textbooks.
For the Mathematics, session candidates can use the NCERT textbooks to understand the basic concepts and after that, they can start practising using any other quantitative aptitude textbook available in the market.
Books for Mathematics Session: NCERT textbooks, Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examination by R.S Agarwal, SSC Mathematics, Kiran Publications etc..
For the general reasoning session ‘A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning’ by R.S Agarwal would be enough for practising and understanding the basic tricks. Candidates should go through the previous ear question papers to analyse the question models before starting the preparation.
For the General Awareness session, NCERT textbooks, newspapers and any Yearbook will be more than enough for scoring. Candidates can refer ‘Lucent’s General Knowledge’ for advanced reading.
For the General Science session, NCERT textbooks up to class 10 should be followed religiously for cracking this session.
For the technical session, candidates have to refer any standard textbooks which are available in the market for examinations like SSC JE, since the questions will be of similar nature.
- Guide to RRB Junior Engineer – Mechanical by Disha Experts
- RRB Junior Engineer Exam Mechanical Engineering by Dr Chandresh Agrawal
- RRB Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination – Mechanical Engineering GPK Publications
- Indian Railways Junior Engineer MECHANICAL Recruitment Exam -Arihant Experts
- Guide to RRB Junior Engineer – Civil by Disha Experts
- RRB Railway Recruitment Board Civil Engineering Practice Work Book – Kiran Prakashan
- Practice Sets Indian Railways Junior Engineer Recruitment Exam CIVIL – Arihant Publications
- Guide to RRB Junior Engineer – Electrical by Disha Experts
- RRB Junior Engineer Exam Electrica – Dr Chandresh Agrawal
- Indian Railways Junior Engineer Electrical Recruitment Exam – Arihant Experts
- Guide to RRB Junior Engineer – Electrical Engineering 1st Edition – Disha Experts
- Indian Railways Junior Engineer Electronics Recruitment Exam – Arihant Experts
- RRB: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Examination Guide For Junior Engineer – G K P
- RRB Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Exam Practice Work Book: For Section Engineer & Junior Engineer –Kiran Prakashan
Computer Science Engineering
- RRB Technical Exam IT & CS – Dr Chandresh Agrawal
- RRB It Information Technology & Computer Science For Junior Engineer & Section Engineer Exam – Kiran
- A Handbook on Computer Science & IT – Illustrated Formulae & Key Theory Concepts – Made Easy Editorial Board
- Objective Computer Science & Information Technology by G.K. Mithal
Regular practice is the only key to success. Candidates has to practice daily and should practice ever topic for success. Candidates can use the ‘Entri’ app for practising daily on their desired topics and for the daily update of general knowledge. Mock tests and previous question papers will definitely help to boost the preparation level. Candidates can find a number of mock tests and previous year question papers in the ‘ Entri’ app itself.
The previous year question paper will help you to understand the pattern of the questions.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!