UGC NET 2020 exam will be conducted by the recruitment commission in the month of June and December. The exam is held to fill vacancies for the position of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professors only. The exam will be conducted in MCQ format in online mode in various centers across the nation. As the number of applicants for the exam is high, it is obvious that the competition level will be tough. Here are some last-minute preparation tips and guidelines to crack UGC NET exam.
UGC NET 2022 Main Topics to Cover
UGC conducts the National Eligibility Test as two papers. Candidates who are appearing for the examination should score good marks in both papers to score a good rank in the final rank list.
Paper I syllabus
Paper I is on General Research Aptitude and Teaching skills. These are the topic that has to be covered for this section.
UGC NET Paper-I Unit wise Subjects
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding & reflective), characteristics along with basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent & adult learners (academic, social, emotional & cognitive), individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment as well as Institution
- Methods of teaching in universities of higher learning: Teacher centered against. learner-centered methods; offline against online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern as well as ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements & types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit System as in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations which take place in evaluation systems
Unit-II: In case of Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, & characteristics, positivism as well as a post-positivist approach to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps for conducting a research
- Thesis & article writing: Format as well as styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in the research field
- Ethical research
- A passage of text shall be given. Questions shall be asked from the passage from where it is to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types & characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal & non-verbal, inter-cultural & group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers in case of effective communication
- Mass-media & society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes & relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time and distance, ratio, proportion & percentage, profit & loss, interest & discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood & figure, formal with informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations as well as denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition
- Evaluating & distinguishing deductive & inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple & multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) & Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure with kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition & classification of data
- Quantitative & qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart & line-chart) along with mapping of the required data
- Data interpretation
- Data & governance
- Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations & terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio & Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in terms of higher education
- ICT & Governance
Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment
- Development & environment: Millennium development with Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities & their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional & global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste(solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change & its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural & energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear & Forests
- Natural hazards & disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning & education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning & research in post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional & non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical along skill-based education.
- Value education & environmental education
- Policies, governance, as well as administration
In the paper II portion of the UGC NET examination, candidates can select an atopic as their elective from a total of 84 subjects. The details regarding the complete list of electives are available from the UGC Official website. Here are some of the most important portions as well as topics that are usually covered in Paper II of the UGC NET examination 2021.
|Names of the Subject||Important Topics of the UGC NET Paper-II 2021|
|Commerce||Accounting along with Auditing|
|Banking & Financial Institutions|
|Income-tax with Corporate tax Planning|
|Business Statistics & Research Method|
|Legal Aspects of Business for understanding business|
|English||Fiction as well as Short Stories|
|Cultural Studies Topic|
|Non-Fictional Prose Topic|
|Literary Theory Post World War II – Summary|
|Literary Criticism Topic|
|Computer Science||Theory of Computation & Compilers|
|Data Structures with Algorithms|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|DBMS (Database Management System)|
|System Software and Operating System|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour Topic|
|Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis|
|Financial Management as well as Concept and Functions|
|Growth and Development with Economics|
|Public Economics Topic|
|Education||Curriculum Studies Topic|
|Research in Education Topic|
|Teacher Education Topic|
|Learner & Learning Process|
|History, Politics & Economics of Educational|
|Library Science||Research Methods Topic|
|Library Automation topic|
|Financial Management in Libraries Topic|
|Right to Information Act (RTI) Topic|
|Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes – DDC, UDC as well as CC|
|Political Science||Comparative Politics Analysis Topic|
|Political Institutions in India Topic|
|Governance & Public Policy in India|
|Public Administration Topic|
|HRM(Human Resource Management)||Collective Bargaining Topic|
|Job Analysis Topic|
|Labour Welfare Topic|
|Labour Legislation Topic|
|Trade Unions Topic|
|Law||Constitutional & Administrative Law|
|Public International Law & IHL (International Humanitarian Law)|
|Family Law Topic|
|Environment & Human Rights Law|
UGC NET Study Material 2022
Paper 1 test of UGC NET consist of teaching and reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, research aptitude, and general awareness of the candidate. This paper has 50 questions for 100 marks.
|Title of the Book||Name of Author(s)||Publisher and Edition|
|Trueman’s UGC NETor SET General Paper I||M. Gagan, Sajit Kumar||Danika Publishing Company|
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF (Paper 1 )||KVS Madaan||Pearson Education, Third Edition|
|2019 Latest Syllabus of NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – (Paper 1 )||Harpreet Kaur||Oxford University Press, First Edition,|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF of (Paper 1 )||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publications, Eleventh Edition|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF of (Paper 1 )||Dr. Usha Rani Jain||JBC Press, First Edition|
|CBSE UGC-NET – Teaching and Research Aptitude||Dr. M.S. Ansari & RPH Editorial Board||Ramesh Publishing House,|
The Paper II of UGC NET Examination will have 100 questions and scoring every good mark, candidate can use the study materials given below.
|Subject Name||List Of Prescribed UGC NET Books|
|Economics / Co-operation / Demography / Rural Economics /Development Planning/Development Eco./Business Economics/Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics||Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Author Srinivas ShirurUGC NET/JRF/SET Economics (Paper-II) -Upkar Prakashan|
|Political Science||Trueman’s UGC NET Political Science by K.A. Babu, Sajit Kumar. UGC Net Political Science by Rukmini Bhattacharjee|
|UGC NET Books for Psychology||Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharsh and UGC Net Psychology 2018 by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu|
|Sociology||Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain (Author)|
|History||Trueman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh (Author)|
|Anthropology||Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M. Tripathi (Author)|
|Commerce||Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani (Author)|
|Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by GaganManocha (Author)|
|Social Work||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal (Author)|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||CBSE UGC-NET-JRF (Defense And Strategic Studies)|
|Home Science||Trueman’s UGC-NET Home Science by Anju Khosla|
|Public Administration||UGC Net Public Administration 2018 by Deepak Swain Trueman’s UGC NET Public Administration by Sajit Kumar|
|Population Studies||Principles of Population Studies by Bhende, Himalayan Publishing House|
|Music||UGC NET Music Exam Guide by Gunjan Saxena and Nisha Rawa|
|Management||Trueman’s UGC-NET Management by M. Shivani (Author)UGC NET Management by Mohit Aggarwal|
|Bengali||Bengali NETor SET by Balaram Bapari|
|Hindi||Board of Authors’s Trueman’s UGC NET Hindi Sahitya|
|UGC NET Books for Kannada||Samagra Kannada Sahitya Kaipidi – Useful For NET (UGC), K-SET by Lokesha Masavanaghatta|
|Malayalam||UGC NET Malayalam Pareeksha Sahayi by Sasidharan A.P. (Author)|
|Odia||UGC NET Odia PAPER-II & III|
|Punjabi||U.G.C. NET PUNJABI by Universal|
|Sanskrit||UGC NET/JRF/SLET Sanskrit Prashan Patra-II Avum III (Hindi) by Priyanka Tiwari. Arihant Experts (Publisher)|
|Telugu||UGC NET & SET (Telugu Literature) by GanjiShashidar, Pothula Venkateshwar Reddy (Author)|
|Urdu||UGC-NET JRF & Assistant Professor Khazeen-E-Adab Urdu by M.Arshad Ansari and M. S. Ansari|
|English||UGC NET or SET English Literature by Arihant Experts|
|Linguistics||UGC NETor SET Linguistics Guide by Ringu Ann Baby|
|Assamese||UGC/CBSE NET Set Guide By Assam Publishing Company (Assamese) ASHIM CHUTIA -Author|
|Gujarati||UGC NET/GCET-Commerce Paper (in Gujarati) by Mukesh M Bavaliya (Author)|
|Adult Education/Continuing Education/ Andragogy/Non-Formal Education||A brief Book on Extension Education by Author Shruti Madan Singh. New Vishal Publications|
|UGC NET Books for Physical Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Physical Education by Akhilesh Tripathi and A.K. Srivastava|
|UGC NET Books for Labour Welfare, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, Labour and Social Welfare, Human Resource Management||Trueman’s UGC NET HRM or Human Resource Management & Labour Welfare by Reetu DograUGC-NET – Labour Welfare & Industrial Relations / Labour & Social Welfare or Human Resource Management Exam Guide|
|Law||Trueman’s UGC NET Law by Suman ChauhanUGC-NET: Law (Paper-II) Exam Guide by Aproov Bhardwaj|
|Information Science & Library||Trueman’s UGC NET Library and Information Science by S. Thakur|
|Buddhist, Gandhian, Jain & Peace Studies||UGC NET Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies by Deepak Kumar (Author)|
|Comparative Study of Religions||Comparative Study of Religions by C.R. JainComparative Study of Religions by Y. Masih (Author)|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||Trueman’s UGC NET Mass Communication & Journalism by Sameer K. Mishra and UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Atul Udaipuria and Nitesh Kumar Singh (Arihant Experts)|
|Museology and Conservation||Museology, Archaeology, and Conservation – A review Edited by Vibha Upadhaya|
|UGC NET Books for Archaeology||UGC NET/JRF Archaeology and Philosophy Paper by Mohan Lal|
|Criminology||(UGC-NET/JRF) Criminology Solved Question Paper by Mr. Nitish Kumar Soni Dr. Mridul Srivastava and Dr. Anup Yadava (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Tribal and Regional Language Or Literature||Folklore and Its Motifs in Tribal Literature by Dr. Kishore Jadav|
|Folk Literature||A Concise Guide for NET or JRF by Marya Naim (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Sanskrit traditional||UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Sanskrit Prashan-Patra II Avum III by Priyanka Tiwari (Author)|
|Women Studies (UGC NET)||Advanced Manual For Women Studies UGC/CBSE -NET or JRF by Anmol Murlidhar Nimsadkar (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Visual Art||Upkar’s UGC-NET/JRF/SET Visual Art (Paper-II) by M. Vasim (Author)|
|Geography||Trueman’s UGC NET Geography by A. Magon, B.P. Panigrahi (Author)|
|Forensic Science (explains the entire forensic Science)||Forensic Science UGC NET or JRF-MCQ by Dr. Anu Singla (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Computer Science and Applications||Trueman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science and Applications by Author Sanjay Singhal, Sameer Mishra|
|Electronic Science (explains the entire electric and it’s science)||CBSE UGC NET/SET ELECTRONIC SCIENCE by Sunil Kushwaha|
|Environmental Sciences||Trueman’s UGC NET Environmental Science by Author Anil Tyagi and Virendra Singh|
|Human Rights and Duties||UGC NET/SET (JFR&LS) Human Rights & Duties Paper II & III by Author Fazil Atul UdaipuriaArihant Experts UGC NET Human Rights and Duties|
|Tourism Administration and Management.||Trueman’s UGC NET Tourism by Author Akhilesh|
|Yoga||UGC-NET Yoga Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board of R.Gupta|
UGC NET 2022 Preparation Tips
- Study Plan– A well-planned study routine will ensure you get the desired and deserved output.
- Stick to the Syllabus– Just focus on the syllabus that’s mentioned on the official website. Don’t go looking for extras.
- Manage your Time– Well planned is half done. So keep track of your time and manage it efficiently.
- Practice Mock Tests– Mock tests will level up your confidence and boost your study goals. Click here for attempting Mock Tests.
- Study Notes – Make your own study notes as this will help you in revision and last-minute preparations.
- Stay Healthy – A lot of preparations requires a lot of strength and well being. Eat healthily and stay hydrated along the way.
- Rest and Sleep – Give your body the rest it needs as it will make you stay fit and stay focused.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
The importance of revision can never be emphasized enough. It is proven that thorough revision increases the retention rate. Always prepare short notes while studying. Be it any exam, ensure that you make concise and clear short notes to revise the topics. These short notes will help you to recollect the concepts during revision. It ensures that you need not have to go through the entire study material to revise. They are also useful for quick recap after every chapter.
- Time management
Since UGC NET is conducted in online mode, time management is an important factor. As each question is to be attempted compulsorily, the candidate should manage time such that you get enough time to complete the test. Cover the strong areas first. Do not dwell on a question for too long. Give a maximum of one minute to solve a question. Any question that requires more time should be left for later. Leave those questions out that requires more attention. Return to them later once you have finished the rest. Keep track of the time as you move forward during the exam.
- Online practice
On way to learn to manage time is to attempt online mock tests. This gives a feel of how the real exam is like. This will also help in knowing the pattern of the exam. Also, knowing what to expect will help you boost your confidence and makes you stress free. Another benefit of attempting online tests is that, it improves your speed and accuracy.
- Improve speed and accuracy
Being a time bound online exam, it is important that the candidate attend all the questions within the speculated time. For this, speed is an important factor. Also, attempting the questions alone does not suffice to crack the exam. What matters is that you attempt the right answers within the time. So, accuracy is also important. Attempt as many practice tests and mock tests as possible to increase your speed and accuracy.
- Do not over stress
No matter what you do to crack the exam, over stressing can result in bringing down all the results that your efforts could reap. So, try not to stress to much about the exams. Practice meditation and yoga to keep your nerves under check. Stay calm and give your best shot.
UGC NET Mock Tests 2022
Candidates who are preparing for the UGC NET examination need to make their exam preparation strategic and result-oriented. For this candidates need to get familiarised with the examination, exam pattern, kind of questions asked, and the difficulty level of the examination. Mock tests can be used as a medium for this. Entri App provides mock tests covering various topics that will enable the candidates to get an idea regarding the question paper and the portions that they have to prioritize as they prepare for the examination. The given below are some of the mock tests that candidates can make use of as part of UGC NET exam preparation 2022.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Answer key|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|