University Grants Commission has conducts the National Eligibility Test for eligible candidates Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Assistant Professor twice a year. This is one of the best opportunities for the candidates to be selected for the post may appear for the examination. Every year lakhs of aspirants are applying and appearing for the NET examination as it is one of the most elite positions in the country. To score a good rank on this examination it is very important to know the examination pattern, job profile, and exam syllabus. Here are the complete details and analysis regarding UGC NET Syllabus 2021. Candidates who are appearing for the examination are requested to go through the complete article to know more about UGC NET Syllabus 2021.
Check the UGC NET Exam Dates here!
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and this examination follows certain examination pattern. The given below are the details that are related to the UGC NET exam pattern 2022.
The UGC NET examination 2022 consists of 2 papers. They are
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
The complete details regarding the exam structure that is followed in paper 1 and paper 2 is given below.
- The Paper I will test the candidates on areas such as teaching and research aptitude. It will comprise of topics like reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness, and divergent thinking.
- While the Paper-II will be based on the subject selected from the 81 subjects (like Political Science, Philosophy, History, Commerce, Music, etc.) by the candidate.
- The UGC NET question paper will be objective type.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- The first session will be for Paper I, where it includes 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The second session will be for Paper II. The question paper will include 100 questions for 200 marks.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I
Paper I of UGC NET will be generic and it will test the teaching aptitude and reasoning ability of the teachers.
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
- The questions will be objective type.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper I will be for a duration of 1 hour.
- No negative marking for wrong answers in Paper I.
Download Entri App now! Start your government job exam preparations!
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper II
Paper-II of the UGC NET is going to be subject-based. The candidates will be asked questions based on the subject they choose. The paper will be objective type.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Chosen subject by the candidate||100||200|
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II will have a duration of 2 hours.
- No negative marking will be given for wrong answers in Paper-II.
UGC NET Syllabus 2022
UGC conducts the National Eligibility Test as two papers. Candidates who are appearing for the examination should score good marks in both papers to score a good rank in the final rank list.
Paper I syllabus
Paper I is on General Research Aptitude and Teaching skills. These are the topic that has to be covered for this section.
UGC NET Paper-I Unit wise Subjects
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding & reflective), characteristics along with basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent & adult learners (academic, social, emotional & cognitive), individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment as well as Institution
- Methods of teaching in universities of higher learning: Teacher centered against. learner-centered methods; offline against online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern as well as ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements & types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit System as in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations which take place in evaluation systems
Download entri App! Start your UGC NET exam preparation now!
Unit-II: In case of Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, & characteristics, positivism as well as a post-positivist approach to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps for conducting a research
- Thesis & article writing: Format as well as styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in the research field
- Ethical research
- A passage of text shall be given. Questions shall be asked from the passage from where it is to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types & characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal & non-verbal, inter-cultural & group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers in case of effective communication
- Mass-media & society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes & relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time and distance, ratio, proportion & percentage, profit & loss, interest & discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood & figure, formal with informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations as well as denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition
- Evaluating & distinguishing deductive & inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple & multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) & Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure with kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition & classification of data
- Quantitative & qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart & line-chart) along with mapping of the required data
- Data interpretation
- Data & governance
- Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations & terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio & Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in terms of higher education
- ICT & Governance
Get UGC NET exam study materials now from Entri App!
Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment
- Development & environment: Millennium development with Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities & their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional & global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste(solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change & its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural & energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear & Forests
- Natural hazards & disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning & education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning & research in post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional & non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical along skill-based education.
- Value education & environmental education
- Policies, governance, as well as administration
Click here to know more about Govt Exams!
In the paper II portion of the UGC NET examination, candidates can select an atopic as their elective from a total of 84 subjects. The details regarding the complete list of electives are available from the UGC Official website. Here are some of the most important portions as well as topics that are usually covered in Paper II of the UGC NET examination 2021.
|Names of the Subject||Important Topics of the UGC NET Paper-II 2021|
|Commerce||Accounting along with Auditing|
|Banking & Financial Institutions|
|Income-tax with Corporate tax Planning|
|Business Statistics & Research Method|
|Legal Aspects of Business for understanding business|
|English||Fiction as well as Short Stories|
|Cultural Studies Topic|
|Non-Fictional Prose Topic|
|Literary Theory Post World War II – Summary|
|Literary Criticism Topic|
|Computer Science||Theory of Computation & Compilers|
|Data Structures with Algorithms|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|DBMS (Database Management System)|
|System Software and Operating System|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour Topic|
|Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis|
|Financial Management as well as Concept and Functions|
|Growth and Development with Economics|
|Public Economics Topic|
|Education||Curriculum Studies Topic|
|Research in Education Topic|
|Teacher Education Topic|
|Learner & Learning Process|
|History, Politics & Economics of Educational|
|Library Science||Research Methods Topic|
|Library Automation topic|
|Financial Management in Libraries Topic|
|Right to Information Act (RTI) Topic|
|Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes – DDC, UDC as well as CC|
|Political Science||Comparative Politics Analysis Topic|
|Political Institutions in India Topic|
|Governance & Public Policy in India|
|Public Administration Topic|
|HRM(Human Resource Management)||Collective Bargaining Topic|
|Job Analysis Topic|
|Labour Welfare Topic|
|Labour Legislation Topic|
|Trade Unions Topic|
|Law||Constitutional & Administrative Law|
|Public International Law & IHL (International Humanitarian Law)|
|Family Law Topic|
|Environment & Human Rights Law|
Click here to know more about UGC NET examination!
UGC NET Examination 2022: Overview
|Name of Examination||University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test|
|Name of Post||Professor & Junior Research Fellow|
|Date of Notification||Will be notified later|
|Date of Examination||Will be notified later|
|Result Date||To be announced later|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Answer key||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|
Discussion about this post