Table of Contents
University Grants Commission has conducts the National Eligibility Test for eligible candidates Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Assistant Professor twice a year. This is one of the best opportunities for the candidates to be selected for the post may appear for the examination. Every year lakhs of aspirants are applying and appearing for the NET examination as it is one of the most elite positions in the country. Clearing this examination provides the opportunity for candidates to teach in the elite institutions across the country and also a good salary. To score a good rank on this examination it is very important to know the examination pattern, job profile, and exam syllabus. In this article candidates can get a complete idea regarding the UGC NET Job Profile 2022.
UGC NET Job Profile 2022
Qualifying the UGC NET can open a career path for various posts across various colleges’ across the country. Here will discuss about some of the best career paths which you can take up after qualifying the UGC NET 2021.
Junior Research Fellow
Candidates who have cleared the examination can enroll themselves for the Ph.D. course offered by universities and IIMs.
- After qualifying NET Junior Research Fellow and enrolling in a PhD course, the candidate is awarded a fellowship for five years by the UGC.
- For the first two years, the fellowship of 31000/- + Home Rent Allowance per month (depends on different institutes) and for the next three years, the fellowship of Rs 35000/- + House Rent Allowance per month (depends on different institutes) is provided to the fellowship holders.
- In addition to it, several other grants may also be provided depending on the policy of the concerned university to the fellowship holders. The fellowship offered by private universities and IIMs varies depending on their respective program policies
- Qualifying Junior Research Fellow offers dual benefits i.e. stipend like a regular job and a Doctorate Degree.
- The next option is to work as a researcher in a corporate firm. Many corporate companies conduct the research activities using the Junior Research Fellows and this is a great career path.
After Qualifying as an Assistant Professor
Qualified candidates can take up the job of assistant professor in some of the best organizations in the country. Here are the career turns that a candidate can take after qualifying as an Assistant Professor.
- UGC-NET exam makes the candidate eligible for the post of Assistant Professor at some of the most elite institutions in the country.
- They can explore the best institutes across the country and start applying for the post of Assistant Professor with their valid scorecard from the examination.
- Candidates can expect a lucrative pay in the range of 25,000/- to 40,000/- per month in the starting phase based on the scores, skills, and colleges.
- The qualifiers can also avail other career options by joining as a faculty at a coaching institute to train the aspirants for UGC-NET Exam.
Job in Public Sector Union Companies
Candidates can apply for jobs in PSU companies like ONGC, NTPC, EdCIL etc to various posts. Candidates who aspire to work in government organizations can apply for the recruitment process with their UGC NET scorecard.
UGC NET Salary 2022
UGC NET guarantees esteemed job positions as Assistant Professors and JRFs. The salary packages for different job positions are given below:
|Job Position||Salary Structure (Approx)|
|Assistant Professor (Junior)||INR 4.92 LPA|
|Assistant Professor||INR 5.75 LPA|
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||INR 6.80 to 9.33 LPA|
|Associate Professor||INR 9.33 LPA|
|Professor||INR 11.88 LPA|
UGC NET Salary Slip
Salary Slip is one of the most important documents that the candidates will receive along with the monthly salary from the employer. This salary slip is a valid document that showed thee employment status of the candidates along with their salary and its break down. Analysing the salary slip will help the candidates to understand regarding the salary decision and also this document can be used as a proof for the employment and the income tax returns.
UGC NET Salary Benefits
Apart from the basic salary, the candidates will also receive various salary bonuses and allowances as they enter the job roles by clearing the UGC NET examination 2022. The given below are the some of the benefits that the candidates will obtain by clearing the UGC NET examination 2022.
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work in top laboratories, universities, and institutes
- Excellent exposure to various platforms
- Easier and faster promotions in existing job or research work
- Higher preference in any job opportunity
- Chance to become subject experts
- Easy leave facilities
UGC NET 2022 Overview
|Exam Name||UGC NET or University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Posts||Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship& Assistant Professor|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UGC NET Online Application 2022 Important Dates
|UGC NET Events||Tentative Exam Dates|
|Commencement of Official Registration||2nd Week of March 2022|
|Last date of Submission||Last Week of April 2022|
|Opening of the Correction window||1st Week of May 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd Week of May 2022|
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Date||1st Week of June 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd Week of June 2022|
|Announcement of Results||4th Week of June 2022|
|UGC NET Result 2021||February 19, 2022|
UGC NET Exam Centres 2022
The given below are the list of the examination centres across various states where the UGC NET examination is conducted in the year 2022.
|State||City||Exam Centre Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar/ Naharlagun||AL01|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar/ Durg||CG01|
|Daman and Diu||Daman||DD01|
|Delhi||Delhi/ New Delhi||DL01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP01|
|Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP03|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||JH01|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
|Dharwad/ Hubballi (Hubli)||KK10|
|Ernakulam/ Angamaly/ Muvattupuzha||KL04|
|Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai||MR16|
|Patiala/ Fatehgarh Sahib||PB08|
|Telangana||Hyderabad/ Secunderabad/ Ranga Reddy||TL01|
|Noida/ Greater Noida||UP09|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Answer key|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|